“Just Okay....”
Review of Foggy Bottom BBQ

Foggy Bottom BBQ
Ranked #2 of 106 Restaurants in Loganville
Reviewed November 13, 2018 via mobile

Tried this place out as I was craving bbq and they had good reviews. Overall, it was okay. Pretty good, but not great. I ordered the Pit Plate, which is the 3 meat and 2 side platter. I got ribs, brisket, and smoked turkey. Collards and coleslaw as my sides. I also tried the smoked wings. All the meat was very tender and juicy. Was worried about the brisket being dry, but it wasn’t at all. It was my favorite thing. Gave only 3 stars because the meat wasn’t as Smokey as I like. It (especially the wings) tasted only lightly smoked and was really kind of bland. I believe bbq shouldn’t need sauce to prop it up and this bbq was definitely lacking in seasoning. Was really expecting more flavor wise. The sides were...meh... just okay.... Also, it’s a bit expensive. Portions were adequate but my order was $29. Tender or not, that’s a lot of money to not be wowed.. Ah well... the search continues....

Date of visit: November 2018
FoggyBottomBBQ, Owner at Foggy Bottom BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2018

First, thank you for stopping in to visit with us. I am sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations as we are always shooting for a 4-5 star rating. Agreed in that our meats are not over smoked as we try to have a balance of smoke, rub, sauce if you choose, but in the end the meat should stand on its own. I hope that you give us another try and we will do our best to “wow” you. We also have numerous other plate options that are not as expensive. The Pit Plate is the most expensive item on it except for the full rack of ribs. We also have a sampler option which will allow any meat to be added to an entree.

Reviewed November 7, 2018

Foggy Bottom has delicious food, a fun atmosphere and friendly waitstaff. Our restaurant of choice when we want to meet friends for good bbq.

Date of visit: August 2018
FoggyBottomBBQ, Owner at Foggy Bottom BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2018

So great to see you enjoy dining with us. Thank you very much for your business and the kind feedback. See you again soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Had bar-b-que ribs, which were fairly good, but a bit over cooked. Other than that the meal was satisfactory.

Date of visit: March 2018
FoggyBottomBBQ, Owner at Foggy Bottom BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Hello Victor. Thanks for the feedback. We will strive for 4/5 stars next visit. If you are not 100% happy with your visit please let our manager on duty know. We will do everything possible to ensure a great experience.

Reviewed October 22, 2018

My wife and I decided to try Foggy Bottom BBQ at its new location in downtown Lawrenceville. We were both disappointed with the quality of the food. I ordered a pimento cheese and brisket sandwhich over Texas toast. The pimento chesse actually went well with the brisket. But the brisket lacked any smokey taste and was not juicy at all. It was plain old brisket that had sat around for awhile. I ordered the brunswick stew as a side item. I know the receipe for brunswick stew varies from restaurant to restaurant. The brunswick stew was plain, ordinary, and could use many more typical ingredients. In fact, this brunswick stew was the most tasteless one I have had in memory. I would never order it again. The BBQ sauces did not enhance the meat. The vinger BBQ sauce was waterered down and lacked any punch. The other BBQ sauces were not flavorful. My wife tried the pulled port sliders. She was not impressed with the quality of the BBQ.

The restaurant has a modern decor and setting. The service was good. The prices were a bit higher than similar BBQ restaurants.

Date of visit: October 2018
FoggyBottomBBQ, Owner at Foggy Bottom BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2018

Sorry Paul that you didn’t enjoy your visit with us. Maybe you will give us another try at some point

Reviewed October 10, 2018

LAWRENCEVILLE, GA Location: My friend and I tried the new location in Lawrenceville, Georgia. We'd never tried Foggy Bottom BBQ and didn't know what to expect. There is limited parking on site but there is a free parking deck just two short blocks away. The decor is very simple and family friendly with a large, covered, outdoor deck if you want al fresco. There are basic wine and beer offerings. We both got the bbq pork sandwich with fries. My friend also got their mac and cheese to share. The bbq melted in your mouth. Even the outside portions that are sometimes hard and dry were tender and juicy. The flavor was excellent. Their bbq is "unsauced" as they use a dry rub. I like my bbq sauced but THIS! You could eat this without sauce all day long! I liked that there weren't big blobs of fat in the meat too - a big turn off for me. There are several sauce offerings at the table to suit every taste. The seasoned fries were great (very little seasoning - perfect!) and the mac and cheese was worthy to be called homemade. The staff were all very attentive and friendly. They all circulated to all the tables checking on water, etc. The bathroom was very clean and nicely done. We agreed that we HAVE to come back and bring the guys!

Date of visit: October 2018
FoggyBottomBBQ, Owner at Foggy Bottom BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Wow! What a great review and we are thrilled that you had such a good experience with us. We appreciate your business and we look forward to having you out again soon.