“Good semi-Americanized Eastern Med food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Athenas Gyro

Athenas Gyro
Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Loganville
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta
“Good semi-Americanized Eastern Med food”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have never had the pizza but I'm guessing that is what most folks order. I order the Gyro platter or the Gyro salad and am always please with my food. You can gain 12 pounds just looking into the dessert case, but sometimes I succumb to a nibble of one of the treats they serve. It is a good family owned/operated business with roots that go back to Athens, GA and to several other restaurants over the years. Falafel from most places is dense and oily and sometimes not done fresh, but Atenas Gyro does them on the spot from some secret recipe that makes them delicious, airy and not oily, They must have had a good teacher. Go there, and try it.

Visited March 2013

S30052nellville Ga.
“Greek Cuisine Mediterranean Bakery- BEST BAKLAVA anywhere!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

You would not think this little hole in the wall next to a gas station and a tattoo parlor would have some of the best food around.. BUT THEY DO! Their homemade baklava alone will hook you forever...Most baklava has too much honey & sauce ...here it is a hint, along with the perfect amount of cinnamon,vanilla, touch of lemon, chopped nuts & pure butter, in a delicate perfectly made phyllo dough... WOW< I get a piece every time and eat it BEFORE my meal!! Now the food...Their moussaka is authentic, with a rich bechamel sauce....Spinikopeta has the perfect blend of spinach with feta cheese, spice & lemon in a beautiful phyllo wrap. Kofta Kabob is ground beef, gently spiced and grilled to perfection, served with their homemade yogurt sauce which is awesome. The gyros (hee roes) are the best.. I sometimes ask them to give me some of their homemade salad dressing to kick it up a bit. The falafel is well spiced, as is all the food... I personally like everything more intense but the owner is hesitant to do so. He has to sell to folks who are not used to these spices. but you can ask him to juice up the spices on any meal!!! They have authentic Turkish coffee!!! WOW, If you like good coffee you may love this with authentic spices such as cardamon ...ohhhh yes. Their pizzas and calzones are stuffed with real cheese, not the oil based junk you get in pizza parlors. They are filled with items you request, and are awesome in their richness! One of my favorite platters is the Dolma. (stuffed grape leaves) L ightly spiced ground beef and rice rolled in grape leaves with a touch of lemon and olive oil...ohhhhh so good...ask for wedge of lemon to spike it up. They have awesome hummus and their pita bread is so good.. (I usually am not a fan..).but theirs is yummy and I eat it all!! The staff will mix and match items, and are there to please you. For sides, I like a double Greek salad..while my my friends go for double curly fries..Athena does catering and I must say I think their entire menu is fantastic! Their pasty is out of sight and made with secret recipes!! Soon the owner/chef will be on a local TV show to make his famous baklava....This place is not just a gyro joint.. it has authentic Greek food at a fraction of the price you would expect to pay...Check them out, they are really really good!!!

• Visited March 2013