“Disappointing Stay”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Locust Grove
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Disappointing Stay”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This LaQuinta has failed to maintain a satisfactory level of service. When I checked in there were two reservations in my name. The desk clerk cancelled the cheaper reservation and charged me the rate for the higher reservation. Then the hotel charges for use of the security safe even if you don't want to use it. No bed linens are provided for the sleeper sofa. The breakfast was terrible, watered down gravey and the hotel ran out of food items (hard boiled eggs, bagels, etc.) The second day the waffle maker did not work. The pool was closed AGAIN for maintenance. What a terrible experience. I'll not give this LQ another chance, there are too many other options in the area. Nothing good to say about this hotel.

Room Tip: Keep on driving - don't stop!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank no_regrets_nc
Mlassiter, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Locust Grove, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
I am so very sorry that we failed you. We continue to make changes and improve and I hope that you will cnange your mind next year when traveling. Before you make your decisions next year, please feel free to contact us to see where we stand with our updates.

Michelle Lassiter, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
North Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed December 31, 2013

No way does this hotel deserve a rating above a 3. The lobby is small, not attractive, not well maintained. Yes, we were checked in by a polite lady and she did her job efficiently and politely. The room had clean bedding and carpet was not bad. But the general structure is in disrepair. The ceiling in our room had a hole in it. The doors were dinged and dented. The door knob of the closet was falling off. We had read the review here about charging for a safe. So after checking in we called down to the desk to tell the person we would not be using the safe and we were told we would not be charged for it. But when we received our bill under our door, it did have the charge for the safe. It was only $1.50+tax but it is something most people won't notice. We stay at MANY LaQuinta's because we appreciate their pet policy. We will not be staying at this location again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MD R
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. I see that we failed you on your stay and for that I am truly sorry. We have replaced all of the closet door knobs. With regard to the safe it is an automatic charge that we can only reverse in the morning at check-out after it post to your bill. We are glad to remove this for you. It is only an insurace security fee that if any thing did happen with your personal belongings in the safe, that it would be insured up to $10,000. I hope that you will give us another opportunity as we are going through a "face-lift" this year.

Travelers are raving about these Locust Grove hotels

Indiana
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stopped here late in the evening. We stayed here because they take dogs. The room and breakfast were fine but the fact they saved our doggie put this place in my top 10. I was unaware that Rocky slipped out the door behind me. He was wondering the parking lot when the guy at the front desk picked him up and brought him inside. Needless to say my husband and I were relieved beyond words and we are so thankful for this place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are truly pet friendly and glad that we could help "rescue" Rocky. I hope that you will be a loyal La Quinta brand traveler for all of your travel needs.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I gave it a very good review because it was for the price, and the staff was great and the hotel clean.
Stayed here with our softball team. It's very clean, carpet was fairly new and the staff at the hotel couldn't have been nicer. The furniture wasn't the best quality but then again, La Quinta isn't the best hotel. They did charge a fee for the in room safe, that we didn't use and had to have them take that off. It is automatically added so make sure you look at your bill and get them to take it off. They took it off without any question but they need NOT to add that like your taxes are automatically added. I left my pillow and called later that day we checked out and they said they would mail it to me. Haven't gotten it yet but I think I will have it soon.
There is only 1 elevator which can be a problem....it's slow to top that off.
The breakfast wasn't the best. The one good thing on that was the waffle maker, use 1 and 1/2 cups of mix than just the 1 to make a perfect waffle. There is whole fruit. The other stuff doesn't look great but there are also bagels and pastries but I'm not as much into that. I've seen better breakfast and worse ones. The waffle maker was the hit with our group.
I had never stayed in a La Quinta and I wouldn't mind staying there again.

Room Tip: I would pick a room on the top floor. The walls are fairly thin and you don't have to worry abou...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mlassiter, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Locust Grove, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We do pride ourselves on great service and clean, comfortable rooms. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you and your team again next year.

lima,ohio
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Convenient location off of I 75 for travelers going to Florida from the north. OK rooms, OK breakfast. Friendly staff that loves animals. My choice as I prefer Marriott Residence Inns but they charge a non refundable 100.00 dollars if you have a pet. La Quinta does not impose this ridiculous charge, so I stay in La Quinta's when I'm traveling up and down I 75.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Mlassiter, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Locust Grove, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the brand's pet policy. We understand that your pet is as treasured as most children. We want you and your extended family to be comfortable while traveling without outrageous fees. We look forward to seeing you and your "family" again when traveling South of Atlanta, GA
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Cons: drab beige rooms without personality, no lights to read by, no assistance from frazzled desk clerk, bland breakfast
Pros : can't think of any!
Collecting loyalty points for this chain may be a fruitless pastime.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Amherstgal
Mlassiter, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Locust Grove, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
I am so sorry for you unpleasant experience you had. We always strive to make everyone's experience enjoyable and I see that we failed you this time. Please do not give up on us. We hope that you will give us another chance to prove ouselves to you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Locust Grove
Best Western Mcdonough Inn & Suites
Super 8 Locust Grove
Super 8 Locust Grove
#6 of 9 in Locust Grove

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Locust Grove? Share your experiences!