“They saved my doggie!!”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Locust Grove
Indiana
“They saved my doggie!!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stopped here late in the evening. We stayed here because they take dogs. The room and breakfast were fine but the fact they saved our doggie put this place in my top 10. I was unaware that Rocky slipped out the door behind me. He was wondering the parking lot when the guy at the front desk picked him up and brought him inside. Needless to say my husband and I were relieved beyond words and we are so thankful for this place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mlassiter, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Locust Grove, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are truly pet friendly and glad that we could help "rescue" Rocky. I hope that you will be a loyal La Quinta brand traveler for all of your travel needs.

Michelle Lassiter, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I gave it a very good review because it was for the price, and the staff was great and the hotel clean.
Stayed here with our softball team. It's very clean, carpet was fairly new and the staff at the hotel couldn't have been nicer. The furniture wasn't the best quality but then again, La Quinta isn't the best hotel. They did charge a fee for the in room safe, that we didn't use and had to have them take that off. It is automatically added so make sure you look at your bill and get them to take it off. They took it off without any question but they need NOT to add that like your taxes are automatically added. I left my pillow and called later that day we checked out and they said they would mail it to me. Haven't gotten it yet but I think I will have it soon.
There is only 1 elevator which can be a problem....it's slow to top that off.
The breakfast wasn't the best. The one good thing on that was the waffle maker, use 1 and 1/2 cups of mix than just the 1 to make a perfect waffle. There is whole fruit. The other stuff doesn't look great but there are also bagels and pastries but I'm not as much into that. I've seen better breakfast and worse ones. The waffle maker was the hit with our group.
I had never stayed in a La Quinta and I wouldn't mind staying there again.

Room Tip: I would pick a room on the top floor. The walls are fairly thin and you don't have to worry abou...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mlassiter, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Locust Grove, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We do pride ourselves on great service and clean, comfortable rooms. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you and your team again next year.

lima,ohio
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Convenient location off of I 75 for travelers going to Florida from the north. OK rooms, OK breakfast. Friendly staff that loves animals. My choice as I prefer Marriott Residence Inns but they charge a non refundable 100.00 dollars if you have a pet. La Quinta does not impose this ridiculous charge, so I stay in La Quinta's when I'm traveling up and down I 75.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Mlassiter, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Locust Grove, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the brand's pet policy. We understand that your pet is as treasured as most children. We want you and your extended family to be comfortable while traveling without outrageous fees. We look forward to seeing you and your "family" again when traveling South of Atlanta, GA
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Cons: drab beige rooms without personality, no lights to read by, no assistance from frazzled desk clerk, bland breakfast
Pros : can't think of any!
Collecting loyalty points for this chain may be a fruitless pastime.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Amherstgal
Mlassiter, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Locust Grove, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
I am so sorry for you unpleasant experience you had. We always strive to make everyone's experience enjoyable and I see that we failed you this time. Please do not give up on us. We hope that you will give us another chance to prove ouselves to you.

Travelers are raving about these Locust Grove hotels

Woodbridge,Ontario,Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Nice place ,quiet and clean on our way to Florida..Good breakfast excellent staff and very fast service.The price was right and we booked months ahead cause of memorial weekend and hotel was all booked .Glad we booked ahead..

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor rooms.Its very active in most hotels throughout the night
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mlassiter, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Locust Grove, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing our location in Locust Grove, GA during your recent travels. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again. We are conveniently located right off of I-75 at exit 212 at the Tanger Outlet Center. Thanks again and have a safe trip.

lq6210gm@laquinta.com
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2013

When we arrived the person responsible for checking people in was sitting watching TV in the dining area. I thought that was unprofessional. She did promptly come to serve the desk. The breakfast area is very strange. You either sit on a stool facing the wall or at a table right outside the elevator making it very tricky if someone with a luggage cart needs to come through. The breakfast food was not as good as most motels serve but OK. It was clean and the staff was friendly. They had a place to dispose of dog waste and it had bags which I think they all should have, even though I always have my own. But there is only a very small patch of grass to take your dog on and there are no sidewalks close to take your pet for a walk. There are many options for food close and you are very near to a outlet mall and Walmart if you need to shop for anything.They added a charge for the safe to our bill but removed it when we said we didn't use it. I would not go out of my way to stay at this particular La Quinta but I would not go out of my way to avoid it either. The value is still very good for a place to stay with a pet and it is clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jumi4037
Mlassiter, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Locust Grove, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review regarding your stay at our La Quinta. We are currently starting some subtle renovations to the property that will address some of the concerns that you mentioned in your comments. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to "wow" you when in our area again.

lq6210gm@laquinta.com
#4 of 9 in Locust Grove
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough
Best Western Mcdonough Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Locust Grove? Share your experiences!