“Room was ok”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Locust Grove
Wills Point, Texas
“Room was ok”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed here one night and was ok. They definitely need to update the rooms. La Quinta's are not consistant with their amenities. The room was ok. We stayed here because they are pet friendly. It was easy to get to.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kristin60

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Alabama
Reviewed April 26, 2012

My husband I spent one night at this hotel on our way north after a visit to Florida. We were upgraded on arrival to a two room suite. The room was just lovely. Updated décor and very clean. A comfortable bed with ample pillows. Two televisions (not flat screen), and room to move about. The location is just off the interstate but we didn't have any road noise.

The annoying charge for the safe is beyond silly and really should stop. Add the fee to the room and be done with it. This stay was a reward stay for me and to receive a bill for $1.61 probably cost the hotel more than the actual charge. We didn't use the safe so therefore the fee was removed but had it not been for reversing the charge I could have been out the door and on my way without even stopping at the desk. Now, that being said the staff was very friendly and quite personable and reversed the fee without question.

f you are traveling and looking for a place just south of Atlanta, try this LaQuinta at exit 212.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VeeBee66
Livonia
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Staff is very nice. Not up to usual LaQuinta. Room is clean but needs more light. It is dull and dreary-either more lamps or brighter bulbs. TV is not flat screen nor HD; channel selection is ordinary-no History or Nat'l Geo or Hallmark. The night we stayed, 14 of the 36 listed channels were not working so very limited TV.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HuR2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Stayed here at the end of January. The night staff was very polite, and the bedroom was clean. The bathroom had been retrofitted and it looked awkward.( the tub had been raised and the sink had a bowl on the counter) The flatscreen did not work properly and the remote had died, which was promptly replaced. We were a little disappointed in the breakfast area. Having stayed at La Quintas before we usually have a great experience. This place needs better updating

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank shmuelj
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Stayed here Feb 1 2012 on the way home to Ohio. Hotel is new, great beds , new carpeting, High ceilings.Staff couldnt be nicer. Tanger outlet stores right behind it. Lots of restaurants in area. And close to I-75 would definitely stay here again.
Thanks again Rose

Room Tip: First floor rooms have 10 foot ceilings, feels spacious
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Rose H
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We always try to stay in La Quinta Inns because of their wonderful pet policy. This La Quinta was exceptional...very clean, very friendly, comfy bed and great breakfast. Will stay again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank pipcarolinas
Thomasville, Georgia
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I will not stay at La Quinta again. First, I booked a king room and got a double. I let that slide because I was tired. The next day my room was never cleaned after being gone all day. Housekeeping manager had an attitude and asked exactly what do I want done to my room. Duh! I want my room cleaned of course. The housekeeping manager assumed I was there to shop. I was there for a meeting. What difference did it make why I stayed there???? I just wanted my room clean. Hotel clerk was not helpful and did not try to solve the problem. They had my reservation wrong too. They had me reserved for one night instead of two. Not impressed at all with this hotel. I would rather pay more and drive a little farther for a descent hotel if I have a meeting again in Locust Grove.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Best Western Mcdonough Inn & Suites
Super 8 Locust Grove
Super 8 Locust Grove
#6 of 9 in Locust Grove

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Locust Grove? Share your experiences!