“A twist of Joanna Gaines meets New Orleans Eatery!!”

The French Market and Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
The French Market and Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Locust Grove
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

We were in Locust Grove for a wedding and happened upon the most quaint little shop and unique eatery. I was mesmerized by the atmosphere and the neat items for sale. The menu and food was beyond amazing. I read the reviews regarding the high prices. I was more than glad to pay for the quality of food I received and feel that it was fair. Our waitress Kristy was very attentive and kind. She was interested in where we were from and engaged in small talk. Although I live an hour and a half a way, I will make my way back in the future!!!!!

2  Thank Katrina S

Reviewed August 30, 2016

My neighborhood girlfriend and I went here for lunch and were pleasantly surprised. The location was easy to get to with available parking; the restaurant was lovely; and the food was excellent. We are both busy, working, moms and grandmoms and we enjoy getting together for lunch every month. This place more than fits the bill. I had the shrimp and grits and she had the chicken salad. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Yvonne F
Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

OMGosh is place not the neatest?!!!! Cute & quaint shop when you walk in with both indoor & outdoor dining options. I went on 7-28 for lunch to celebrate my birthday.
The specialty martinis are scrumptious & sinful - a drink & dessert all in one. I had the house specialty plus the peach. Yum!
My son & I shared the fried green tomato app. SO good! Then I had the fried oyster poboy w/ red beans & rice side. My son had the monte cristo w/ red beans & rice side. Amazingly good!
A little pricey but VERY delicious plus its ok to splurge occasionally. Right?!!!!! GO!

1  Thank Ilovekoalas99
Reviewed August 24, 2016

The food is wonderful and very tasty. The service is great. Very clean type restaurant. They also have a little shop area that is filled with a lot nice merchandise for your home. I have eaten there several times and each time was a great experience. If you live close to this place give it a chance you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed July 28, 2016

The food is good. Service is good, atmosphere is nice. By Locust Grove standards I guess it is good but still overpriced. By any other standard it is simply a little better than average. Not what it used to be.