“Cool mix of New Orleans and Georgia!”

The French Market and Tavern
Ranked #2 of 52 Restaurants in Locust Grove
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Locust Grove, Georgia
“Cool mix of New Orleans and Georgia!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had the Country Cordon Bleu and the taste was excellent and it was very fresh and hot! The mashed potatoes tasted awesome. The steamed squash was good but a little skimpy for the price of the meal. Collards were great! (ask for them in a separate bowl so the juice does not get all over the plate)! Our server Sarah was great! Friendly and attentive as they should be. Place just a little pricey but a nice relaxing place to chill with the hubby! Will be back. .maybe for brunch one Sunday :-) We tried the Chocolate Peanut Butter stack for dessert and it was great! May try the Krispy Kreme bread pudding next time on recommendation from friends!

Downers Grove, Illinois
“Hmm, Not That Impressed”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

While driving to Florida we decided to stop at the French Market for lunch due to the overwhelming positive reviews. It wasn't difficult to find and not too far off highway. The revamped hardware is beautiful both inside and out but I noticed a few dust bunnies hanging off the animal head above our table. Our waiter was friendly and welcoming. He suggested a few of the best sellers like fried green tomatoes & smoked turkey sandwich. We decided to forgo the apps. after looking at the dessert menu - which looked like heaven. As soon as our neighbor's shrimp poor boy with onion rings arrived at his table I regretted my smoked turkey decision; his plate looked beyond yummy. My turkey/gouda and my husband's turkey reuben arrived both looking a bit disappointing. First, the sandwiches aren't as hearty as we anticipated them to be...just regular size portions. Second, neither of us cared for the cut of the turkey; instead of shaved it was cut into tiny (I can't stress the word tiny enough) little cubes and kept falling out of the bread. The reuben was tasty with the jalapeno slaw on it but mine not so much. The sandwich had a "birdy" taste to it which didn't please my palate. The fries and my side of jalepeno slaw were good. We decided to split a chocolate chip cookie pie. Sadly, as good as it looked, I make a better version, plus it was so soft it didn't stay on the fork but crumpled back onto the plate. We discussed our meal and decided, when in the area we would give them a second try selecting different menu items.

McDonough, Georgia, United States
“Outstanding”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This restaurant is distinctly New Orleans. The food, service and atmosphere was outstanding. My husband and I went for his birthday. I will warn if spicy food is not your cup of tea you won't like this restaurant. We got the fried spinach for an appetizer and I had blacken red fish on white rice, topped with a spicy sauce. It was great. My husband had shrimp with grits. His was very delighted with the meal.
We will definitely eat there again.

Marietta, Georgia
“Don't come hungry or you'll end up starving.”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

But if you have all the time in the world and just want to hang out and chat, then this the right place to be.

Everything in this restaurant was very good, EXCEPT service. We went today, Sunday, for brunch. It took them 20 mins. to seat 7 of us even when there were LOTS of empty tables. When we got seated, it took another 10 mins. for the waiter to get our order. So we made a point to give our food and drink orders altogether. I'm just surprised for the restaurant to be under staffed on a Sunday, knowing that there's also a private group in their private room. But the food was superb.

• Visited October 2013
Woodstock, GA USA
“Great find in Locust Grove, GA”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

What a cute place! I saw the billboard on the highway and decided to stop for lunch. Avoid the outlets and go straight to The French Market and Tavern. Great selection, delicious food, perfect service! I had an amazing salad, the choices are many so it was hard to choose! If you love sweet tea, this one is extremely sweet so ask them to mix half sweet, half unsweetened. Deserts looked amazing but I was good and avoided them. Can't say I will have the willpower next time!

Visited September 2013