“Unexpected for Locust Grove, GA”

The French Market and Tavern
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Locust Grove
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greenville, South Carolina
“Unexpected for Locust Grove, GA”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had lunch, the atmosphere was great, I had a grilled cheese Be sure to have dessert.
Visit the gift shop for unusual items.

Visited June 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food & atmosphere”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here while passing through Georgia based on Trip Advisor reviews. This was an excellent choice. Service was laid back (slow) but the food and atmosphere made it well worth the wait. I would recommend to locals and those passing through. Great shopping experience as well (French country decor).

• Visited July 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Cajun just off the highway”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for dinner on the way to Disney. Their were a ton of things I wanted on the menu. Settled for The Trinity (jambalaya, gumbo, red beans and rice and sausage). It was all excellent and authentic. Service was prompt and accommodating. A recommended stop.

• Visited July 2013
Naples, Florida
“a bit disappointing”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Bad first impression as the cold glass served with my beer not only had a big chip in it, but it also had lipstick...no apology!
Redfish, their most popular dish was just OK.
The place was very loud, and a loud guitar player did not help!
We had to ask for bread. It was the best part of the meal!

• Visited June 2013
Atlanta, GA
“Not the same experience as in the past.”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I have been to The French Market before and loved it. This visit was not as good. In my opinion the food has always been great to excellent, but the prices a bit high for the atmosphere, food presentation, and service. The most common complaints I've seen on here are usually about service, and unfortunately that issue hit us on this visit. I voiced my concern to the manager and he did attempt to make us happy.

My favorite thing here are the desserts, and they appear to me as though they're getting smaller and the prices getting higher. I did a full detailed review of the food I ate with photos on my photo page here: http://www.pbase.com/jeffklee13/frenchmarket060513.

I will come back a few more times to give them a chance, but I feel they are outpricing themselves.

• Visited June 2013