“Great Food, Music, and Atmosphere”

The French Market and Tavern
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Locust Grove
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Covington, Georgia
“Great Food, Music, and Atmosphere”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I tell everyone I can about this place. The main reason I went to this place in the first place is to hear Emily Stilwell play/sing in person and wow she is awesome! But then the food is excellent too. I love the cajun flair to this place the cajun fries are the best I have ever had, along with the mahi mahi, and then I can't leave out the red velvet cake! This place brings Locust Grove a lot of charm. Stop by when you can, especially to hear Emily sing!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Anna H

Stockbridge, Georgia, United States
“Awesome Sunday jazz brunch”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I came for the Sunday brunch. It runs from 1030 til 3 and is 22$ per adult including non alcoholic beverage.

It consists of a nice buffet with fresh fruit salad, spinach salad, shrimp could cocktail, shrimp and grunts, popcorn shrimp, honey basted ham that is carved to order, chicken salad, gumbo and more....

There is a chef that prepares made to order crepes and omelets. So nice!!

The service was very friendly and the atmosphere is the best. The live jazz band was great! The entire meal was so elegant and relaxing. We will without a doubt be back. It exceeded our expectations !!!

1 Thank DnAmy H
Atlanta, GA
“Food excellent, but.....”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The service was poor. Our waiter obviously had his favorite regular patrons, and he didn't seem that interested in seeing to our needs. And, even though the musicians were very talented, our group seldom gets together, and we couldn't hear ourselves think! Band was way too loud. In such a small eating area, I'm not sure a band is even necessary, but please tone it down! We finally ended up on the sidewalk to finish our conversations. As previously stated, though, the food could not have been better! Generous portions and everything was cooked to perfection! If the band ever goes away, we'll definitely be back. Otherwise, maybe on a night when they're not there.

• Visited September 2012
“Hidden Gem worth driving for”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is an awesome place to eat and well worth driving for. I am lucky enough to live near by. The meenu changes occassionaly so it never gets tired and the food is just fantastic. Wonderful Creole cusine. The baked goods and deserts are all divine! I have never had a dinner roll melt in my mouth but there's does. They are very attentive as well and always have very good service.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Heidi S
Georgia Coast, Georgia
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

What an incredible gem of a restaurant! The food, atmosphere, and service were off the chain! The brisket po boy sandwich with cole slaw and Cajun fries was delicous! We will definitely be back again when we're in this part of the country!

1 Thank Dowlings13th