“Pleasantly Surprised”

Red Roof Inn Locust Grove
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Locust Grove
Reviewed May 15, 2013

On our way to Florida my wife & I stayed at this Red Roof Inn. We have stayed at other RRI's in the past (both older style & renovated) but this one being a newer model was a welcome surprise. Staff was very friendly & helpful. The room was spacious & I appreciated the rainfall shower head & comfortable bed. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn of Locust Grove, GA. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We want everyone's experience to be exceptional and enjoy their home away from home. We look forward to your return visit and thank you for sharing with your "tripadvisor friends".

i0622@redroofcom

Reviewed April 29, 2013

.We stayed at the Red Roof Inn, Locust Grove, GA on April 26-29, 2013. The room we stayed in had been completely updated with a modern theme. We loved the hardwood/laminate floors, it added a comfortable touch. We requested non-smoking king and that's what we got. There was no evidence of smoke in our room. The room was quiet and clean. Breakfast was a continental style with "make your own", hot waffles. Coffee was always fresh and hot in the lobby. We liked the 2:00pm check-in.

We didn't bring our dogs, but did notice that dogs were allowed. We did see a large cat with a guest, so maybe cats are welcome as well. Pet-friendly hotels are a big plus for me.

A lot of restaurants in the area. For those that shop, Tanger Outlet mall was very close and there was a Walmart too. The ease to the I-75 expressway was helpful. We will definitely stay there again and recommend our family/friends. In my opinion, you won't be disappointed. We were very pleased.

Room Tip: We stayed in a king, non-smoking room. We don't smoke and can easily detect smoke, but there wa...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wertzpa
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your excellent review of our property. The description of the rooms and location is great. We are a pet friendly hotel. We think they are just part of your family. All of our rooms have the laminate hardwood floors, and refrigerators and microwaves. We look forward to seeing you again when you travel through our area.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on 4/12/13 on our way to FLA from Indiana. Some people complained that the rooms are small, but we stayed in a king bed room that had plenty of space for us, our dog and our 2 bicycles. The room was clean and well appointed and the staff was more than friendly. The bedding and towels weren't all that nice, kind of thin, but for $70 a night I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our property. We want to be your home away from home and we are glad that you found our accommodations satisfactory. We look forward to your return in the very near future.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

The main part of the room was small, but it was nice. The hardwood floors were nice, there was a big screen tv, and the showers were nice. The room we stayed in had a full bed, but it was comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to let others know about your stay at our hotel. It seems to me that you did choose one of our smaller rooms with just one double bed. We also have kings and two double beds available and the room size is somewhat larger. We are located just "Comfortably South of Atlanta" at the Tanger Outlet Center. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

On our way to Disney we stayed at the Red Roof Inn (3/23/13) based on the good reviews it received. Staff was very friendly and the room was clean. The only down side was that the room was small. That was the first thing my 7 and 10 year old kids said when they walked in the room. Breakfast area is also cramped and the food was OK. On the plus side the room rate was the best we could find on the day we went.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ismel001

Thank you for staying with us on your way down to Florida. We are glad that you enjoyed the rooms. We also pride ourselves on the friendly service we extend to all of our guest. Our hotel is your home away from home.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just an overnight stop with the pups. Room was very clean. Beds were very comfortable. Front desk staff very friendly. This hotel was brand new. Really like the upgraded red roof look! Felt like i was staying at a lot classier hotel than Red Roof!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay with your "pups". As you know all Red Roof Inns are pet friendly and welcomes them. Many of the Red Roofs are updating their rooms to the new decor. The brand definitely has a new modern look. We look forward to being your home away from home.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I'm looking at location, price, safety- OK so far. If you see the worn out Huddle House sign, that's your turn. If you're hiking, you can get in quicker than I did.
Fell into bed, it was OK. Woke up in the AM to the sound of a beat cop rousting a bum on a park bench with his billy club. No, it's just the elevator. Opened my eyes and saw a large object hanging over my head, suspended by two thin wires. Relax, it's just a light fixture. A heavy light fixture. Couldn't help thinking about that poor family struck by the sign at the airport. Room was heated but I didn't find the source. Wall heater/ AC was off all night so I thought a little extra heat would be good and hit the button. The smell of burning dust or something covered the room before I could turn it off. It still smelled at checkout.
We were after a real breakfast so we walked up to the Huddle House. Returning to our room I found a tiny sign stating we could have had our meal at a 20% discount by showing our room key to the waitress but the clerk just wanted to talk about the continental breakfast during check-in. Maybe next time.
If you like lots of racks to hang your stuff on, Red Roof does not. There was one hook in the bathroom and a coat rack at the door. Then you have the bathroom door handle, the toilet, the ??????? The lights were adequate until I wanted to shave and put my contacts in. I guess dim is chic. If this is some Euro thing, that usually falls flat with me.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you for giving us a chance! I was a little concerned about the park bench for a moment! I am sorry that you did not enjoy the modern design of our rooms. I am somewhat surprised about the lighting in the bathroom, due to the fact that it has 2 lights. I hope that when you are in the area again that you will give us another try.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Locust Grove
Super 8 Locust Grove
#6 of 10 in Locust Grove
Best Western Mcdonough Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center

Been to Red Roof Inn Locust Grove? Share your experiences!