“Good basic overnight stay witha Euro Decor twist”

Red Roof Inn Locust Grove
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Locust Grove
Louisville, Kentucky
“Good basic overnight stay witha Euro Decor twist”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Red Roof, Locust Grove (I-75 exit 212, at Tanger Outlet) while traveling south to Florida Everglades for a week of sun and fishing. Picked this Red Roof because of other Trip Advisor reviews and was not disapointed. Just fine for overnight stay however must say that the "Euro / Modern" decor was not to our usual taste. Staff friendly and facility was clean. Do wish that hotels would not use those little pillows on the bed and in place of the half dozen small give us our the two kings we use on our king bed at home. Just why do all hotels seem to have gone to the smaller, multiple, pillows on the king or queen beds?

Room Tip: Travelers staying at this interstate exit should consider going into Locust Grove for dinner at the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rwellinghurst
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
It was great having you stay with us during your recent travels through the Atlanta area. I am glad that you do your research about hotel lodging and see what other guests have to say. Our guest is what counts. As far as the pillows, it is a brand standard to have the "smaller" pillows because they can go in any room. Perhaps I should order some king pillows to have as a special request. Thank you for the idea. Look forward to seeing you again.

Michelle Lassiter, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The New Gen concept is possibly the coolest I have ever seen! I have stayed in a few Red Roof Inns and the brand is certainly becoming a major competitor in the industry. I understand that all Red Roof Inn's will soon reflect the New Gen concept. I look forward to this new design in all Red Roof Inns. The only negative that I have is the frosted window seperating the "bedroom" from the "bath". For a couple, it is Fantastic! Not sure if the double rooms have the same frosted glass separating the room into the bath, but as far as family oriented, it may not be very accommodating. I was very impressed that Jerquan Griffin, who checked me in, actually called my room, given time to get settled, to be sure my room was acceptable. All I had to say was "wow"! I must commend housekeeping, CB particularly who was the housekeeper of my room, Great Job! I will definitely recommend the Red Roof Inn to all friends, family and associates. Thank you for a job Well Done! I must add that the location couldn't be better!!! Tanger Outlet is within walking distance!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let others know about the great rooms and service at our hotel. The frosted glass is a decor in all the rooms and has not been an issue with families. Many of the Red Roof Inns are updating to the new design and are noted on the website and in the directory. We look forward to your visit again. I will make sure to share your words with the staff.

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is not your typical Red Roof Inn. When I think of Red Roof Inns from my childhood, I wouldn't exactly call it a fond memory, but this particular location has been updated. It is more contemporary like an Aloft hotel complete with hardwood floors and frosted glass between the shower and headboard. It is not recommended for a place that you are sharing with a coworker or someone you're not as familiar with, but I was traveling alone. It would also be good for couples.

The lobby is nice and clean and they offer a continental breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask for the king room if you're traveling alone. I think all of the rooms face a parking lot.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank deneesie25
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn of Locust Grove, Ga. I am glad that you gave our hotel a try even though your memories were different. I am glad that we have changed that for you now and look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My partner and I stayed here on 12/31-1/1/13 because we were in town for a New Year's Eve party. There aren't many hotels to chose from in this area and since we have already stayed in La Quinnta Inn several times (great property), I decide we'd check Red Rood after reading the awesome reviews here. Sure enough, the Next Gen rooms are cool and trendy with dark, hardwood floors, platform bed, plasma tv and modern bath. It is, however, very small so there really isn't much to do besides lay in bed and watch tv or sleep. As we got dressed, my partner and I kept bumping into each other or stepping aside to let the other pass. Lobby is blah but not a show stopper. All in all, good bang for your buck and if we were ever in the area, we'd stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AtlSocialite
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful comments about our NextGen Red Roof Inn. It is very different than the traditional Red Roof rooms. I am glad that you took the pictures especially of the rainfall showerhead showing the water.
Florida
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stopped overnight on the way to Tennessee, trying to be in position to beat the Atlanta rush hour traffic. A little cramped getting in and out, due to the proximity of the gas station and restaurants, but not bad overall. This is one of Red Roof's "NextGen" properties. Very stylish. Excellent staff. Would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Southmove
redrfgm, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. I am glad that you found us and hope that you will be back on your return trips to this area.

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to book a hotel for a couple of hours instead of driving directly back home after a distant NYE party. Given that we would only be in the hotel for 7 hours or so, we didn't want to spend much. We, however, we're very skeptical about staying in this class of hotel. We were pleasantly surprised by this Next Gen Red Roof Inn. Check In at 3 am was quick and pleasant. Upon arrival to the room, we noticed the modern, clean line design typically found in a higher end hotel. The only complaint was the cleanliness of the bathroom, particularly the shower. It's not that it was dirty per se, but the shower was of the material that holds the dirt. It cannot be cleaned in a surface like manner. This should have been considered when selecting the materials. Needless to say, instead of showering there (I didn't have shower shoes), I checked out around 9:30 am and went right home and showered. The only other issue was the very small breakfast area with limited breakfast. I didn't intend on eating so this was fine, but there was only powdered creamer for the coffee. YUCK. Other than those two things, an overall good stay.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank kjjesq
Thank you very much for "taking a chance" on us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay while bringing in the New Year. We are working on the shower floors and normally we do have the small MooMoo liquid creamer. Unfortunately we were out, but they have been ordered. Hope you will stay with us again.
Georgia
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed with our 2 kids in October 2012. Room is nicely updated. Rooms are very small, but quaint. One of the shower walls are on the same side of the beds and you can see the silhouette of the person waist up in the shower. Very nice if on a couples trip, but not so nice with children! Overall a great stay. We would stay again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chan2424
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your great comments about our hotel. The terminology "trendy" is so true. Very unique for a Red Roof Inn. Hope to see you again when you are traveling through the Atlanta area.

Michelle Lassiter
Super 8 Locust Grove
#6 of 9 in Locust Grove
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough
Best Western Mcdonough Inn & Suites

Been to Red Roof Inn Locust Grove? Share your experiences!