“Nice reasonable place to stay heading South”

Red Roof Inn Locust Grove
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Locust Grove
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed here on my trip South to FL. It is on the South side of Atlanta so you miss the morning rush hour when heading South to FL.
Very nice place to stay for a very reasonable price. Kind of hard to find, you have to drive between the gas station and the Huddle Restaurant to get to it, but it shares a drive with the LaQuinta.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank sir_randy
redrfgm, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for staying with us on your way to Florida. Your directions to the hotel were perfect. Thanks for the help and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Wow. The redesigned Red Roof in Locust Grove, GA is a real treat. If this is the next generation of hotels, I'm all for it. The hardwood floors and functional, unadorned furniture gives the room a clean and spacious feel. Frosted glass in the bathroom door and shower wall allow light into an otherwise "dark hole." Clear glass replaces shower curtains in a double-wide space with a rain shower. A French sink takes up lots of counter space but looks (and works) great. Top that off with employees who take pride in their work and workplace and you have the redesigned Red Roof in Locust Grove, our new favorite spot on I-75! P.S. They also accept pets without extra charge.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SojoHoe
redrfgm, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Wow - I could not have said it better myself. Thank you so much for the wonderful praise you gave the property but also the staff. We try very hard to make everyone feel special and welcome in Locust Grove, Ga.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was more than delighted with the ease of making a reservation. Front desk personnel were more than helpful. They went out of their way when I needed assistance. I really liked the new-gen concept, especially the hardwood floors. The only thing I would change, but would not prevent me from booking here again, was the shower pressure, it was just a little less flow than I usually like. Overall a great experience.

Room Tip: I dont usually care to stay above ground floor, but felt very safe on the second floor, -
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Betty011449

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your stay and especially Amber. I shared this with her and she was very thankful that you mentioned her specifically during your stay. We stress customer service and believe that our hotel can be your home away from home.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

A first class room, spacious bathroom, and Amber. Our stay at the Red Roof Inn in Locust Grove went from good to excellent anytime Amber got involved.

This lady lives and breathes customer service. She had the solutions and the answers every time!!

This establishment provides a lot for a low price. However access to a computer would be nice. And yes, Amber solved this one too!

Thank you. G&S

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shwinter
redrfgm, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

You are absolutely correct!!! It is service that makes a great experience and we strive to make everyone stay exceptional. Thank you for your wonderful comments about Amber and her solutions to your needs. I will share this with her.

Michelle Lassiter, GM

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Locust Grove, GA the night of Saturday, November 3, 2012. Arriving 15 minutes after requesting the room through a third party reservation service, the staff person located the reservation immediately upon my arrival. The staff person was pleasant, conveyed necessary information about the facility, and offered a wake up for the next morning.

The room was clean, and surprisingly well decorated considering the price I paid. There was a decently designed desk. The TV was decent as well. The King sized bed was firm, but very comfortable. I slept well and left about 8PM the next morning. Checkout was trouble free. I recommend this hotel and would definitely stay their again.

Room Tip: I was traveling by myself and enjoyed the king sized bed.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank GCorker987

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel. We appreciate your gracious commnets and look forward to many return visits.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I booked this hotel because of the great price and the great reviews on here. I was NOT disappointed. The rooms are beautiful. And spotless!! The beds are cozy and comfortable. The bathrooms are roomy and the decor is outstanding. It was very quiet and the staff was amazing.Thanks Amber!! I had to call this poor girl twice before we ever got to the hotel and she was just as nice and helpful on the phone as she was in person.

Lets see if I can give more detail. The room is done in dark woods and olives and russet oranges. But it doesn't FEEL dark. It kind of reminds me of asian style decor but that could just be me. Hardwood flooring except right in the little entry way in front of the bathroom. Huge full length mirror for checking out the outfit. Hgh ceilings. A desk lamp and internet hook up as well as the free wi fi. The tv is a huge flat screen that had wonderful picture on it. There is a standard microwave and fridge that you see in all hotels rooms. There is also a safe, iron, ironing board and hairdryer. The rainforest showerhead is great. My hubby said it needed more pressure but for me it was perfect. Lots of hot spray.There is a glass wall on the shower so you do not have to worry about a dirty wet shower curtain blowing against you. There is a comfy deck chair and the desk has a table on wheels so if you wanted you could pull it over to the bed to do any work you have if you still wanted to catch what was on the tv while you worked since the desk is right under the tv. AC worked perfect. It was quiet and cold!
The only thing I would caution anyone about is that the rooms are small so if you are going with a family it is going to be kind of tight. There is approximately a foot between the far bed and the wall, a foot and a half between the two beds and another foot between the first bed and the bathroom wall. There is about 2 feet between the end of the beds and the desk/tv/work area. We moved to the little hall in front of the bathroom to get dressed. I would have no trouble staying here again if it was just me, or my hubby and myself, or just me and my two girls but with all 4 of us and them being teenagers it got a little crowded. These rooms are perfect for couples, or people on business or even people with small kids.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank erinsmom32052

Thank you so much for the incredible, very descriptive review of our property. We do have 2 larger rooms that have a king size bed with a sofa bed for those needing a little more space. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I will share your comments with Amber.

Michelle Lassiter, GM

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Thanks to all the great reviews I read on Trip Advisor, I stayed here during Sept 2012 and I will definitely come back. Was nicer than the descriptions and reviews. Did not believe this was a Red Roof at all. The decor in the room was very up to date and attractive. Comfy bed, clean property, overall great value. The Mexican restaurant next door (walk there) was a great place to eat. I did not care for the hotel breakfast, but that's just me. Even so, with the reasonable room rate and the fridge, microwave, and coffee service, you can fix your own, which is what I did. I also enjoyed the shower, but found that the floor got wet, so be sure to use your floor mat. I appreciated the wood floors and the cleanliness of my room and the property in general.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TotalRoadWarrior
redrfgm, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review of our property. We appreciate our loyal guests and their comments. You are right about the Mexican restaurant, it is wonderful. Look forward to seeing you again.

Michelle Lassiter

#4 of 10 in Locust Grove
6 mi away
Best Western Mcdonough Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, McDonough, GA

Been to Red Roof Inn Locust Grove? Share your experiences!