“Great experience, low price”

Red Roof Inn Locust Grove
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Locust Grove
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I want to echo what the others have said about the fabulous design of this hotel. Our room was actually kind of small, but it had a king bed, and was so well-designed that it felt extremely spacious. The bathroom looked like something out of a boutique hotel in New York. I will agree that some people may find the glass wall between the shower and the bed to be disconcerting. Some people might find it sexy. Also, the rainfall shower head is OK, but I prefer a stronger, more invigorating shower. The breakfast could've used some protein, such as boiled eggs or cream cheese and bagels. Overall, though, I thought this hotel was a real treat and a huge bargain.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 23, 2011

Loved the updated rooms, comfortable beds, clean, has everything you need. The only thing I did not like was the "frosted wall Glass" that was on the bedroom wall showing the shower area of the bathroom. When you turned on the light in the bathroom you saw it in the bedroom, also saw the reflection of the person taking a shower. Not appropriate.

Room Tip: Its great if your a couple or alone, not to good if yhou have children or friends in room (because o...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I don't typically stay at Red Roof Inns but after seeing some of the reviews of this particular hotel we gave it a try and I am very please we did. The lobby was very modern, functional and inviting. The rooms looked like a episode of HGTV Design Star with wood floors, a 46" Wide screen HDTV hanging on the wall, a desk and one of the most beautiful bathrooms I have seen in any hotel. The service was excellent, with a courtesy call right after getting into the room and the hotel was pet friendly and very reasonably priced. We will defiantly make this a stop on our map for future trips.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I dont believe the room. I thought I was in Europe. First the cool colors in the lobby and hallway. Open the door and gasp, hardwood floors. Samsung LCD and very comfortable beds. I was in heaven. Very contemporary and hip. I am in love with the new bathroom look. Vessel sink and glass shower wall. I know the rainfall shower is supposed to be luxury but I still like the regular shower better.

I thought the room was clean and the service was great. Price was incredibly cheap for what I got.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2011

we stay at many red roof inns and this one was really great because of its location and price..plus the gals at the front desk couldn't be nicer and the rooms are immaculate. We really like this new design...almost a japanese theme and very different from other red foof inns. props to the designers, it worked for us and we would definately stay here again. Plus my husband really liked the fact that horsetown western store was so close by (you could almost smell the leather!!!)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My criteria for this hotel was that it be slightly south of Atlanta, had a 24hr front desk, and was inexpensive. This hotel fit the bill. After checking a couple online booking websites I actually ended up booking direct with Red Roof Inn's website. They had a very generous cancellation policy (up to 6pm the day of arrival) and a web coupon I found took it to the lowest price I found on the web. I called the hotel directly before booking to ensure that a late (11:30pm) check in was possible, and the staff on the phone was polite and helpful. The staff at check in and check out were equally efficient. I reserved a non smoking King bed room and received a room that did “not” smell (which I was worried about booking a hotel that wasn’t completely non smoking). I was pleasantly surprised with the "Next Gen" modern décor. Pictures online were what led me to book the Red Roof Inn, a brand I had never before stayed at or considered, as opposed to other similarly priced chains in the area. The room included a small refrigerator and microwave, work desk, safe, flat screen TV, and (a personal favorite) hard floor surfaces. I wish all hotels would go to hard floor surfaces as opposed to carpet. The bed was comfortable. Part of the room décor was a frosted bathroom door and frosted "window" between the bedroom (above the King bed) and the shower stall. It should be noted that when the bathroom light is turned on it is bright in the darkened bedroom over the bed (due to the frosted window), so if one person gets up earlier than the other to shower, it could be difficult for the other to sleep in! The shower stall had an open doorway configuration and rain shower head. I enjoyed the scent of the provided soap. The cleanliness of the room/bathroom was "just ok". There was a continental breakfast, but it did not appeal and we ate breakfast after leaving the hotel. The hotel is located immediately off I-75. The area has many quick service eateries. There is a large outlet mall and a Wal-Mart very close to the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
redrfgm, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2011

Thank you for your great comments! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again. Michelle Lassiter - Gm

Reviewed October 8, 2011

Stopped here for a brief overnight stay on my way to Florida. Facility looked new and up-to-date. Bathroom was clean, but found hairs on the comforter and all sheets on both beds in my room. Looked like the sheets were not changed after the last guest. I requested a room change; I encountered the same problem in this room, plus white pet hair covering the comforters on both beds. I will definitely stay at a different hotel at this exit on my way home and on future trips.

• Stayed: September 2011

I am so sorry to hear about the problem you had with your room during your stay. We take pride in our rooms and I see that we failed in the instance. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to service you again in the future. Sincerely - Michelle Lassiter, GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Locust Grove
#6 of 10 in Locust Grove
6 mi away
Best Western Mcdonough Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center

Been to Red Roof Inn Locust Grove? Share your experiences!