“Where do I start..”

Cuisines: American
Decatur, GA
“Where do I start..”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I called ahead to inquire about a 8 person party on Father's Day. No one mentioned only 2 tickets/table..... 2nd time my mom hasnt received the veggies she requested and no refills.. Again....
Was told last Sunday (feb 2014) hr 1/2 wait (many tables empty). Went to another restaurant and 5 others came in due to the wait as well as only cash being accepted.... Smh...

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank EssenceAllure

Key West, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Suspect seating and lazy??”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Chalk it up to a bad night or whatever but... Gave it a try on Saturday night, 15th of Feb. There was a 20 minute wait for a table, however, this turned into 45 minutes with people getting seated that came in after us. The young lady at the greeting desk could have cared less. After an hour with people now waiting outside the door we decided to goto Arizona's. The strange thing is, half the restaurant was empty so why the long wait for seating. I'll never try there again.

Visited February 2014
Huntsville, Alabama
“Overpriced but good chicken & waffles”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Finding ourselves in the area, and having always said I'd like to try chicken & waffles we ventured into Gladys Knight & Ron Winan's Chicken & Waffles to meet friends. First off, the staff seemed aloof and not especially pleasant. We sat down, ordered and just before our food came an employee plopped a sign on our table that said there was a time limit on the table and we had to be out in so many minutes. When we asked our server about it, they said it was because they were going to have live music. We obviously didn't come for the music, didn't know anything about it and think they could have done this in a nicer way and told of this before we sat down! We had hoped to have a leisurely visit with our friends but then felt rushed! With that aside - the food was good, and my expectations of how wonderful chicken and waffles would be was met! But although the food was good, (everyone enjoyed what they ordered) I felt it was overpriced. I didn't feel very welcome there so if I find myself in the area again I don't believe I will venture in.

• Visited May 2013
Miami, Florida
“dinner with family”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

the food was very tasty and inexpensive. although we were a party of twenty-seven, the service was not bad and the waitress got all our food and drink order correct.

Visited August 2013
Covington, Georgia
“Waste of time and money”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Nothing to it. Chicken and waffles is not what they make it out to be. Chicken greasy waffles bland. Wait staff is terrible. Rude from beginning until end. This was a waste of time and money.

• Visited August 2013