“Looks good on the outside”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Lithonia
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Looks nice on the outside and the service is good but, the rooms are not very clean. The sheets had hair on them. a few of the tiles on the bathroom floor are broken. The shower curtain had something that was dried up on it.Overall the room was not really clean. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Angela C, Public Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear tcecil,

I would like to apologize for the recent stay you had here with us. I'm pleased to hear that the service you received was satisfactory. I would like to let you know that we are currently using a service from another company that washes and irons all of our sheets, so when they arrive to us they are clean and put on the beds cleaned. Our housekeeping staff makes sure the sheets are clean as well before they are used and strip the beds everyday to receive clean ones everyday. Our staff is working hard to make sure the rooms are clean from head to toe, and again would like apologize that you room was not satisfactory. We hope that this experience will not discourage you from staying at other Wyndham choice hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain

Reviewed July 25, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Angela C, Public Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Reviewed July 22, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Do not stay here. My first room was dirty & smelly so we changed. My second room was dirty. There was hair in the bed and hair in the tub. There was poo left on the toilet. It was so nasty that we did not shower. I took pics to show the manger and he said "I am sorry." He blamed in on the cleaning staff which I don't think he has. The wyndham is going down the drain.

Room Tip: don't stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Angela C, Public Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Niecy66,
I would like to personally apologize for the dirty rooms that you had to stay in, and the manger that didn't seems to care to much. We had recently had new management take over and we are still working on a few issues. Some are moving along very nicely and others not so much. We are hoping to fix these problems sooner rather than later due to reviews like this. We are taking this information in and passing it along to higher people to get everything taken care of. We hope this will not discourage you from other Wyndham hotels. Hope you have a great trip and travel safe.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 29, 2013

upon reading all the negative reviews, I was very hesitant about staying at this hotel. After I called the hotel and spoke with the front desk about my concerns, I told them that the reviews were terrible and she said she had read them as well and understood my concern. Beverly the front desk clerk reassured me that reconstruction was 90% done and that I would be pleased if I decided to stay with them. I went ahead and made my reservations and to my surprise I arrived to a very nice and clean property inside and out. I was so happy!!! The room was very nice. For what you pay for the room one can't expect plush towels and wash cloths, but they were clean n thats a plus! The sheets where clean and fresh everything worked as it should. Thank you for a nice experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela C, Public Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear happy guests,
I'm pleased to hear you actually took the time to not only look at reviews here but you called the hotel its self to figure out if it was right for you. The big problem we have had is keeping the place 100% clean while all renovations have been going on but we have done our best, and with it almost complete our new hotel is getting to the point where we should be a new clean and comfortable hotel for all of our guests. Next time you are in the area we hope that you choose to stay with us again and maybe take a ride in the limo/town car service we offer as well as our free breakfast each and every morning. We can't wait to see your smiling face again.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Angela C, Public Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lithonia
Hyatt Place Atlanta-East/Lithonia
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta East/Stonecrest
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta East-Lithonia
Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Conyers Atlanta Area

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain? Share your experiences!