“Had a great experience”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Lithonia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed June 29, 2013

upon reading all the negative reviews, I was very hesitant about staying at this hotel. After I called the hotel and spoke with the front desk about my concerns, I told them that the reviews were terrible and she said she had read them as well and understood my concern. Beverly the front desk clerk reassured me that reconstruction was 90% done and that I would be pleased if I decided to stay with them. I went ahead and made my reservations and to my surprise I arrived to a very nice and clean property inside and out. I was so happy!!! The room was very nice. For what you pay for the room one can't expect plush towels and wash cloths, but they were clean n thats a plus! The sheets where clean and fresh everything worked as it should. Thank you for a nice experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela C, Public Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear happy guests,
I'm pleased to hear you actually took the time to not only look at reviews here but you called the hotel its self to figure out if it was right for you. The big problem we have had is keeping the place 100% clean while all renovations have been going on but we have done our best, and with it almost complete our new hotel is getting to the point where we should be a new clean and comfortable hotel for all of our guests. Next time you are in the area we hope that you choose to stay with us again and maybe take a ride in the limo/town car service we offer as well as our free breakfast each and every morning. We can't wait to see your smiling face again.
New Orleans
Reviewed June 10, 2013

To whom it may concern,

On Friday, June the 7, 2013 my husband and I along with our 3 year old stayed at the Microtel Inn & Suites in Lithonia Ga. 2980 Evans Mill Rd. We checked in that evening around 7:15pm went up to the room to place our luggage inside then left back out to have dinner.
Upon our return which was around 10:30pm went up to the room to get our little one ready for bed. I went to the bathroom and found that there was no hot water at all let along had to call the front desk to find out how to turn the water on. I ran water in the bathroom sink just to see if the water would get hot well the water was cold as ice.
I called the front desk again to inform the agent that we had no hot water, the gentlemen came up to the room he ran the water in the bathtub and sink and only cold water was coming out not HOT water at all. The gentlemen stated that the he will be right back. Now it’s around 11:15pm our 3 year old has now fallen asleep. Around 11:35 the front desk agent returned back to the room with another gentleman. They both went into the bathroom ran the water in the bathtub and sink and again NO HOT water.
The gentlemen that came to the room with the agent stated that he lived on the third floor and he had hot water in his room. He also said the in the morning he would go down and turn the knob up so we can get hot water. At this point I am very unhappy, and that is took two people to come check the water as though this was made up or something.
I called the front desk again for the third time again, I told the agent that I needed to check out and get a refunded for my stay. The agent then told me that everything was going to be ok and Mike which is the manager will take care of it at 9am in the morning.
I called other hotels in the area but they were sold out so my husband I decided to stay since our 3 year old was already asleep and we needed to drive at least 10 to 15 miles out to get another hotel that night.
So, Yes we stayed and was NOT happy about this at all, Not being able to take a hot shower was really unacceptable. I called the front desk at 8:08 am the next morning asking if Mike would be in at 9am and the lady at the desk said that Mike was not working today and I could speak to her. So again I explained what had happened and she offered to room change us to a suite. My husband and I went to look at the suite and it was a queen size bed with a sofa sleeper. Not acceptable we will never have our son sleep on a sofa sleeper that why we reserved a room with two beds.
I asked for a refund and was informed the lady at the desk that we were checking out. She stated to me that they do not give refunds back on a Saturdays due to weekend occupancy, well not my concern at all I just know that we were not able to bath ourselves nor our son who wears pull ups.
The agent ended up given me one night back and to me that I needed to speak to the GM Agel which she should be in around 1pm or later in order get receive my money back for the first night. We checked out and went over to the Hilton which was available for us to check right in that morning.
My husband and I called and spoke to Agel while in route to your hotel. When we arrived Agel stated that she would be able to give us $20 dollars back and I said No and $20 dollars was an insult, I know we stayed the night and fair is fair we only stayed NOT to inconvenience our sleeping child. Then Agel said that she needed to speak to the agents who came up to the room the night before to find out what was going on before she could give us back any more money. As a GM I would have thought that her agents should have informed her on what was going on in the first place. I told Agel that I thought we should receive half of our money back. Well, Agel said that she does NOT have any children and if it was her she just would have checked out that night and we would have been refunded all of our money back. Agel is right I told her since she does not have children then she would not understand how parenting works.
We were then offered $29.00 dollars back and again I said no. I was so tired with going back and forth with this so called GM quote unquote until I asked for her full name and the person who she reports to along with the corporate office number. Agel said that no matter what I did that the corporate office will contract her and she still would have the final say.
I asked her just to refund me whatever she was going to do and she refunded me $20 dollars. Once the $20 dollars was refunded Agel then asked us to wright a statement on why we checked out and I said no her desk agents should have put all that information in her system and that you should never ask your guest to wright why they checked out. (It’s called a comment card).
I immediately contacted the corporate office and filed a complaint. I am a manger for a University and I manage two building including a staff of 150 employees none of my employees have ever treated or ever will treat anyone this way.
Agel was totally out of character and this young lady had no concentration at all. In in my opinion she needs to be retained on how to handle guest and how to speak to guest. I honestly can’t see how she can be a GM anywhere, especially in the hospitality industry. This is really not good for your hotel let along she is also representing Wyndham as well.
At this point I now want to be refunded all of my money back and I as much as we travel, we will never stay at a Microtel Inn & Suites ever again.

Katina Walker
504.344.2548

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank Walker C
Angela C, Public Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to personally apologize for all the inconveniences you had encountered during your stay here with us. Some things should have been handled differently and again i would like to apologize. I know that I can't make you happy or undo what has been done. For future incidents we will make sure to handle the situation as needed. The night agent who was working should have taken care of the issue as best as he could and if not pass it along to make sure everyone was aware of the the issue at hand. Again I would like to apologize for the issue that happened during your stay here in the Atlanta are. We do hope that you travel safe.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lithonia
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta East/Stonecrest
Hyatt Place Atlanta-East/Lithonia
Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta East-Lithonia
Quality Inn & Suites Decatur - Atlanta East

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain? Share your experiences!