“Terrible and Filthy”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Lithonia
Savannah
“Terrible and Filthy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

After I checked in and was settled in my room, I had to get ready for work. When I went in the bathroom, it was disgusting! I had no choice but to shower with my sandals on, go to work and discuss the major issue with management in the morning. The housekeeping person came the next afternoon to clean and was told to "clean it appropriately". All she did was spray cleaner, wipe the sink off, change the toilet paper and mop the floor. The mold/mildew remained on the shower walls and under the shower bench. The motel was undergoing "upgrades" @ the time and the workers were very loud, yelling in the hall all day. Made for practically impossible sleep after having worked all night after driving 260 miles.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Angela C, Public Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that your business stay here with us wasn't up to the standard you expected. All employees do their best to make sure all guest are completely satisfied from check-in to the time they check-out.
The Information you gave us will help future guest to make sure they are completely satisfied. We will strive harder to make sure everything is done right so the guest are content. We hope you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
St. Thomas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had the worst experience. The night I check in 4/2/13 at around 9:00pm the front desk girl look like she was new and did not know where nothing was. (I made reservations for 4 nights on 3/25/13 ( in advance) she give me a room key I went to the room and it was a storage room I was more than mad because now I had to go back down stairs, she stated that there was no more room so she will give me the suite...When I went in that was a (SOUR). 5min after unpacking There was a knock on the door same front desk girl with a new room key tell me I can't stay in this room because her boss say I did not pay for a suite.. so got into the new room That smell like Paint had a headache but it was already late and I needed to sleep.. The next morning I got a phone call around 10:30 tell me check out is at 11:00..I SAID I SHOULD BE HERE FOR THE NEXT 4 DAYS. The so call manager said that I only paid for one night and they have a group coming in so I have to leave. Within the next hour and keep getting calls while I was getting ready to leave I had 2 staff member knock on the door while I was getting dress to leave. I felt real bad like my money was not good enough. the hotel itself looks run down the staff is very unpofessional....Hated it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S I ended up staying at a Hampton hotel which was almost the same price. much better stay and better customer service

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I'm very sorry to hear that we had lost your reservation. This situation will help us with future guests to help them make sure we accommodate them accordingly. Sorry that we were not able to make arrangements that helped the situation at the time. We are working hard on learning how to make sure all employees know how to handle each situation correctly when they arrive. Again we do apologize and hope you have a wonderful trip.

Travelers are raving about these Lithonia hotels

Nanuet
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Although at first, my husband and I was disappointed that the hotel was not at the StoneCrest Mall in the row with the other luxurious looking hotels, we really loved our suite. And soon realized we actually preferred the quiet location, and home-away-from-home look of this hotel, instead of the busy area of the other hotels. We were able to sleep soundly without hallway or highway noises. Although the staff was very nice, and friendly, with proper upgrades to assure working amenities, as well as further customer service training of managers and staff for answering questions with respect to guest housekeeping needs, this hotel has the potential to be a great hotel. We noticed renovations and upgrades were taking place. We do look forward to returning again to see the outcome! Thanks for a nice stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Sounds like you had a great time here with us. We are proud to say that our guests can sleep with ease in all our rooms being quite. Next time you are in the area we hope to see you again and you will love the remodeling we did. We hope to see you again soon.
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I am not accomustomed to seeing embedded dust and dirt around areas where food is served.
The tea and hot water was all I could stomach. Cigareyye smoke filled the floor on which I stayed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Microtel_Lithonia, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Mrs. Lucy G

I thank you for your review and I do apologize if our hotel was not to your liking. We are renovating, we started a few days before you arrived. Our staff are working quickly to finish up all we can to us back to the business we know you deserve. I hope to see you after all the renovations are done. we do appreciate your business.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Dear Microtel Inn:
I stayed for two nights with friends for an in-house conference. The staff fell over themselves to make us feel the storied Georgian hospitality that is as well known as your peaches. The receptionist had such a sweet spirit and dedication to service that it is no surprise that her name is Angel. I am so happy. I hope to stay in your hotel again. I wish all people experienced the professionalism and compassion that my entire group received. I am demanding that all of my group share their thanks for such excellent service. Everything that we asked for we received. One of the persons literally refused to leave us alone until they were convinced we we totally pleased. I don't know any place like in terms of service where I come from.

Yours,

Dr. Short

Room Tip: Friendliness and professionalism of the staff 5 stars...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mr. Randy

It is always a pleasure to meet good kind hearted people like yourself and the rest of Mrs.McKinney supporters. All of you had positive energy and spirits, I can't recall one rude person or unhappy face. It was truly nice to have you all and I hope to see you again. Stay focus & Blessed.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lithonia
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta East/Stonecrest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia
Hyatt Place Atlanta-East/Lithonia
Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta East-Lithonia
Quality Inn & Suites Decatur - Atlanta East

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain? Share your experiences!