“Avoid this hotel at all cost!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Lithonia
Atlanta, GA
“Avoid this hotel at all cost!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Had a convention in Conyers, so to avoid the 2.5 hour drive in the morning, I booked online to stay here. My thought was...It's close to my training...and close to StoneCrest Mall. I'll go hang out at the mall, eat dinner, maybe see a movie...Have a fun evening before the training begins.
My positive outlook was shattered when I walked into the hotel...the front door was locked, and I had to wait for the desk person to buzz me in. She was so occupied with her television show that it was difficult to speak with her. While waiting I went to check out the breakfast area. Everything was run down...Coffee machine had an "out of order" sign on it. It definitely wasn't friendly and welcoming. Checked in and went upstairs to drop my things before heading out to the mall. Discovered that I had forgotten my toothbrush/toothpaste and went down to the front desk to see if they had any. They didn't. I believe that this is the first hotel that I have stayed in that didn't provide shower gel, shampoo, etc. in the room. Look at my photographs to see what they provided. Bath towels were thin and threadbare. TV was old box TV from years ago with crappy picture. I could clearly hear guests speaking, though there was no one booked into a room near me. The high spot was the beds. The linens were decent, and so was the mattress. Check out the photo and see that the bottom sheet was obviously put on inside out. I can't imagine what housekeeping was thinking when they did it...and when seeing it....DIDN'T FIX IT. I believe that says a lot about the staff at the hotel. I left the hotel and ran to the nearby mall to get some things I needed. I was scared to get out of the car. I thought it would be filled with holiday shoppers. It was almost deserted. I grabbed the things I needed and grabbed dinner to take back to the room. Not a nice part of town. I didn't feel safe. I doublelocked the door and pushed the chair under it and still didn't sleep well. The breakfast was a joke. (See my photos). This hotel does not meet Wyndham standards at all.

Room Tip: Book another hotel...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
BRUNSWICK
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Bad location. Hotel clean except for dingy towels. Rep said economy was bad and they have to economize.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lithonia
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta East/Stonecrest
Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia
Hyatt Place Atlanta-East/Lithonia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta East-Lithonia
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Conyers Atlanta Area

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain

Property: Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain
Address: 2980 Evans Mill Rd, Lithonia, GA 30038-2415
Location: United States > Georgia > Lithonia
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Lithonia
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain 2.5*
A Welcome Beverage is now included with all bookings!Conveniently Located Off I-10 at Exit 75, Close to The Mall At Stonecrest Book a room at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain hotel near Stone Mountain Park and enjoy great value and warm hospitality as you explore Atlanta Metropolitan Area. Located close to Highways 12 and 402, our hotel in Lithonia, GA is just 20 minutes from Atlanta.Get going in the morning with our free continental breakfast, then plan out your day online with free Wi-Fi Internet access. Freshen up your clothing using our guest laundry facilities. Get on and off the road with ease thanks to our free guest parking, even if you are driving an RV or larger vehicle. The suites at our Lithonia hotel are equipped with kitchenettes, sleeper sofas and a wet bar, and handicapped-accessible and non-smoking accommodations are available.Book a room at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain hotel near Stone Mountain Park and enjoy great value and warm hospitality as you explore Atlanta Metropolitan Area. Located close to Highways 12 and 402, our hotel in Lithonia, GA is just 20 minutes from Atlanta.Get going in the morning with our free continental breakfast, then plan out your day online with free Wi-Fi Internet access. Freshen up your clothing using our guest laundry facilities. Get on and off the road with ease thanks to our free guest parking, even if you are driving an RV or larger vehicle. The suites at our Lithonia hotel are equipped with kitchenettes, sleeper sofas and a wet bar, and handicapped-accessible and non-smoking accommodations are available. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inns And Suites - Atlanta /Lithonia Hotel Lithonia