“Great value”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Lithonia
Memphis, TN
“Great value”
Reviewed October 29, 2009

Paid $65/nt + tax on priceline. Can't beat this price, short-notice, on a holiday weekend. The hotel is 20-30 minutes from downtown and mid-town, but we didn't mind driving eat & play. Complimentary continental breakfast was included.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
south
Reviewed August 3, 2009

So many complaints hard to know where to begin. To begin with I was quoted and charged highest room rate and doesn't compare to what the hotel is calling their average yearly rate. The 50% off second night booking is a farce.....charged $139 for first night with 50% off second night deal. Average rate is $111 a night, go figure your deal. Secondly, motel had booked three different family reunions and the hotel was a nightmare from the moment we pulled in parking lot. Parking lot was swarmed with people drinking and crowding lobby entrance; won't post the vulgarity coming from guest outside the lobby entrance. Using the elevators with children was a risk ; people with cocktails in hand several times trying to approach us. Thirdly, could not eat breakfast either morning of stay as the reunion guest swarmed the kitchen area and entire lobby. No one seemed to care about my party, perhaps because we were the only white family in the hotel. Fourth, noise from traffic of I-20 was an issue as well as partying, slamming room doors, running in hall ways and cursing coming from parking lot Fiday night. Fifth, location, location, location.....entire area beyond this road of hotels and the mall looks like a slum lords heaven....within one mile surrounding hotel you find bars on most windows....security is an issue to consider.....it's true you can't put lipstick on a pig! Sixth, manager only allowed a 20% discount on the rate for all the inconvience and horror of the stay......now consider we had to purchase breakfast 2 DAYS outside the hotel($36) and the rate per night was higher by $28 than the hotel's average rate(be careful of second night 50% off deals) .....I WOULD NEVER EVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL OR LOCATION AGAIN!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Lithonia hotels

Bradenton, FL
Reviewed May 6, 2009

Nice hotel and great staff. Typical Hyatt Place contemporary design. But the one item that bothered me at this hotel was the traffic noise from I-20. The "hotel map" feature on this site is NOT accurate. The hotel is nuzzled right against I-20 and no room escapes the noise of the trucks going by all night.

If you must stay here, demand a room with a "0" in the middle, such as 505 or 304. Those with a "1", such as 411 or 313 are RIGHT AGAINST the freeway and this hotel does not seem to have much noise insulation.

Breakfast was typical - nothing special and most of the weary diners were discussing the traffic noise. When will hotel designers decide that putting a facility right up a busy freeway and/or shining bright lights on it all night are not conducive to rest?

Sorry Hyatt, I won't return to this turkey.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank BarefootTom
California
Reviewed October 6, 2008

We just returned from staying at this hotel for 3 nights anf 4 days, From the moment we arrived the staff was warm, friendly and extremely helpful, the hotel was clean and very nice. The food was good, you have to try the chili (Very Good) To the Staff of Hyatt, thanks for making our weekend memorable. The staff around the clock, was great, smiles everywhere. Thanks again.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
trotter13
Reviewed May 24, 2008

Staying at this hotel for four days. On day one, I called for maid service they didn't come. I came back two hours later , no maid service, so I left message on the maid's recorder and still no maid service on that day. Today day two, I saw the maid in the hall so asked her not to forget my room today. She said "okay " I also pointed at my room to make sure and I said the room number in Spanish and she ackowledged me and said "Its me I will clean it." I came back 4 hours later and my room is still dirty. I call the operater and upset and they send the same maid. She saying she"s sorry. So if you want to stay at this hotel with a dirty room and no maid service say at this Hyatt Place.

• Stayed May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank trotter13
Georgia
Reviewed September 16, 2007

We stayed at this hotel while attending the Tour Championship. The hotel was clean, the staff was great and the food at Arizona's(near the hotel) was terrific,. The rooms were very clean and it was very quite. The continential breakfast was okay.

Stayed September 2007
3 Thank TravelWiseGeorgia
Reviewed June 21, 2006

We wre planning to stay for two days, but left after the first night. We had stayed at this hotel when they first opened and several times that year. It had been 2 years since we viisted Atlanta. We stayed in April and it was horrible. I had confirmed a non-smoking room with the desk clerk upon arrival We were running late for an event due to traffic so when we smelled the stuffiness in the room we just turned the A/C on to clear the air and got dressed. Arrive back in at 11:30 p.m. and realized it was a smoking room. The desk clerk said it was too Late to change and they stay was awful. There was even smoke scent in the towels. The carpet was dirty, the mattress worn and the pillows were flat. In the lobby the carpert was torn and filthy. The chairs in the breakfast area were full of stains. I was very disappointed. We stayed here because it was close to family but will never stay here again.

3 Thank mastcfw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lithonia
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta East/Stonecrest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta East-Lithonia
Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Conyers

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta-East/Lithonia? Share your experiences!