“A Great place to stay”

Hyatt Place Atlanta-East/Lithonia
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Lithonia
“A Great place to stay”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was at the Hyatt Place, Lithonia for a conference. The hotel itself is very clean and well maintained, the rooms are spacious with all the facilities you need including a massive tv!

The hotel staff were excellent, after a long day listening to a series of long presentations it was great to get back to the hotel and be greeted by Liz and Candice, their smiles and personalities were enough to brighten anyone's day....even when the beer was warm!

Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We recently stayed at this property in room 313. The property was nice and clean looking. I thought it would be noisy as there were multiple family reunions going on and our room was right in front of the elevator, but that was not the case. It was very peaceful and quiet. Great location, right at a mall. The front desk staff was awesome and very personable. I remember Charles and his great attitude. The rooms had a contemporary decor design that was very nice. There was a divider between the king sized bed and a pull-out sofa. I really liked that.... a little privacy. We were traveling with 2 small children. There was a mini-fridge and sink that was away from the bathroom. There was also a large flat screen tv (LG). The only thing that bothered me was there were a few small mildew spots around the caulking in the bathtub. I thought that was odd with everything else being so nice. I checked the bathroom of another family member that was staying there as well and it was the same thing. What a shame. All it takes is a little bleach to get the stains out. It was surprising that housekeeping did not do anything about that. They will have a bigger problem if they don't clean those soon. Other than that, my family enjoyed the stay. The breakfast was included. It wasn't great, but it was ok. I did not feel that I had to go out and get breakfast from a restaurant after eating. The choices were limited, but the staff kept it stocked well and were very friendly.
At night security was visible. I saw the front desk manager looking over multiple security monitors and there was a security guard. He was very friendly and funny and he verified that anyone walking around the property were guests. He questioned my husband and I as we were out for a stroll late one evening. We thought it was great he was doing his job and not taking anyone for granted. Overall, it was a good stay. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Excellent everything exceed my expectation, the welcome was great, and the gallery host Pearl is an excellent person, her attentions and her treat makes my business trip a great experience, I recommend this hotel widely like the best, the facilities are great too.

Room Tip: in the hyatt all the room are goods.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ricardo e
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We were here for only one night and it was just fine. It was a very standard Hyatt Place and I will stay here again. The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. The room did have a few carpet stains, but otherwise, it was very clean and had a comfortable bed. We were up early for a meeting and made a quick stop for their breakfast. Unfortunately, many of the "clean" plates were dirty and the selection of food was not fantastic. However, overall, the stay was fine and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The front desk staff is wonderful & courteous.The hotel is easy to find and was great for my desired destination in the area.I did find a foreign hair on the toilet seat upon my arrival.The paint was chipping in an area close to the bed.I wished they would provide complimentary lotion in the room.The breakfast left a lot to be desired.I would definitely recommend this hotel for the great customer service & location.It just needs to do some touchups around the building.

• Stayed June 2012
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The only reason I gave this review 2 stars are because of the location and because every room is a suite. If it wasn't for those two things I would not even given it 1 star.
To start off, the walls are two thin, i mean if you sneeze, the neighbors will hear. And don't plan on getting any sleep if the couple next door are having some "one on one" time.
Next, the service was horrible walking into the door. I literally stood at the front desk lobby for close to 10 minutes before someone stepped up to help at check-in. After I waited for service the lady, which I believe was the manager , acted as if she or the hotel was to good to accommodate me and my friends, at that point I really just wanted to leave but every where else was sold out.
When we finally got to our room, Me and my friends where simply relaxing watching to tv and listening to music. In no way shape or form where we two loud to disturb anyone. The only thing we had to listen to music off of was my Mac book and the volume was not even turn all the way to 50%.
We then got a knock on the door from hotel security saying that we will owe the hotel a $200 fee. without any warning or anything. I asked the guy, did they get a complaint, he said "no" and i quote, "I was just doing my rounds and i put my ears to the door". This leads me to beileve that the woman at the front desk simply did not want me and my friends to stay a night at the Hotel so they tried find anything to put use out or charge us for.
Never will I stay there again and this hotel should be shut down or find new management!

Room Tip: Find a different Hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jerome C

Travelers are raving about these Lithonia hotels

earth
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Large room with separate sitting area, big TV, quiet, close to many eateries - the hotels in the Stonecrest area are the best in the Lithonia area.

Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lithonia
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta East/Stonecrest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta East-Lithonia
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain
Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Conyers

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta-East/Lithonia? Share your experiences!