Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia
QualityInn
$80
TripAdvisor
$58
All reviewstruck driverfront deskhouse keepingvisiting familydown to earthan assetan older hotelgreat customer serviceenjoyed my staya great stayroom was cleanthe hotel staffthe young ladycontinental breakfastnight stayeasy accessstaff was friendly
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We chose this hotel based on TripAdvisor's great reviews. It was number 4 on the list of hotels in the area. Clearly this is due to false reviews. The moment you walk in your greeted by a person behind a half built half broken front desk. It smells weird and as you look over to their "lobby" where they serve a complimentary breakfast you remind yourself that Mcdonalds serves breakfast until 1030. We traveled all day and so decided that it can't be thaaat bad for one night. Wrong. The room is dirty, out of date, has stained carpets, dirty broken bathroom door, gross oompa loompa sized toilet, only 2
tiny tiny towels, the a/c front fell off when my husbands knee barely hit it, broken dresser, no bath tub (shower only) which I wouldn't complain about if it was clean and the shower door didn't hit the toilet in the closet sized bathroom. Need I go on? Unless this meets your standards do NOT waste your money! Can't stress that enough!

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank peanutbrittle1988
Kamini P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to begin with thanking you for taking a moment in writing a survey, we appreciate the time it takes for individuals to do so. I had the pleasure of reviewing your comments on Trip Advisor but am confused on the comments that were made as they don't seem to describe our facility.
Initially, you chose your particular property based on reviews and how it was ranked. You mentioned the property you had chosen was ranked #4 on Trip Advisor, but our Red Roof Inn is rated #3. Then you proceeded to mention that the individual that greeted you at the front desk was behind a "half built half broken" front desk, which clearly doesn't describe our facility when you walk in.
If you have a moment, I would like to discuss your stay further in more detail, we pride ourselves in providing the best customer service to each of our guests, as well as, having our facility look its best at all times.
I would again like to thank you for taking the time to write us and I look forward to speaking with you personally.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Had a great experience with Diane, she was very helpful. I will visit this hotel again. The rooms were (hotel) is very close to the walmart, and one exit a away from a major mall. All tvs have hi-def.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Kamini P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to write us a review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your comments and will share them with the staff, as well as, Ms Diane.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Lithonia GA. This year we have great changes coming up and would love to share them with you and your family.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We live just about 3 miles away from Red Roof Inn Lithonia. The ice storm was coming and we wanted to be sure that we would be warm during the entire storm. So, the husband decided to book a room for two days at Red Roof Inn Lithonia. Everything was wonderful. Now, we know where to go for just a little relaxation.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kamini P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out to write us a review on Tripadvisor.

It is always a pleasure to accommodate the needs of our guests, especially during this past storm when individuals were stuck on highways and couldn't get home.

I was also very pleased that you and your guests enjoyed your stay with us, I will share your comments with my staff and as always, we look forward to seeing you again at Red Roof Inn Lithonia.

Again, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to have you as our guest.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

My company got me his room because they have room for truck parking (like 2 if your lucky). Check in was simple, and even tho they were busy checking in a group they realized I wasn't part of them and checked me in with almost no wait. The room is an average room. Now the TV, that's a different story. It's nice to see someone actually take advantage of a high def TV. So many channels to choose from all crystal clear. The bathroom has only a shower but it's oversized and has room enough for 2 ;-). The bed was comfortable and made for a restful sleep. There is a Walmart across the street and several restaurants within walking distance. Now to breakfast. My wife said to not be negative about it but I have to say something. There is nothing saying that a hotel MUST provide a breakfast, so anything is better then nothing right? That being said breakfast consisted of Eggo waffles and coffee. Sure the had other things out but nothing looked appetizing. The part that really got me was the audacity of the person doing the breakfast to put out a "tip" basket and right where the prepackaged rolls were. Tip you for what?!? I stayed at a place the other day where they made eggs to order, I tipped because he was providing me a service beyond what was expected, yet you expect the same for no service at all. For shame. Would I stay here again? Sure, the TV alone demands that. So if your passing thru this isn't to bad a place, you could find better I'm sure, but you can also find worse.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Kamini P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Good afternoon Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time you had taken out to give us feed back and that is greatly appriciated by the owner and staff, so we can immprove in our service.

I did read in your review that you had enjoye our verity of channels on the Tv, cleaningness of the room and the shower. For Breakfast comments per our county rules we can not cook here since we do not have commercial kitchen but we still try to provide best for our guest. For the tip bowl I all reeady talk to my employee not to put there so you want have any issue in the future.

You been working with company local here so I am sure you going to pass thru here again, If ou do so please look for me or ask for me I would like to speak to you in person.

Thank you again for you feed back and looking forward to see you in your next visit.

Sinscerly,

Kamini Patel

Owner/GM

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I walked in waited for about half an hour or more to check in, was given one rate upon ckeck in and got a higher rate upon check out. When done checking in while going to my room a gentleman held the door open to the elevator for me a gentleman I thought we exit the same floor and while walking he asked what my room number was of course I did not give him my room number and as I am walking there are guys standing in the hall I felt so small that man walking next to me goes halfway and enters his room and I keep going as fast as possible go into my room thought I was safe I called my husband to go in and told him how scared I was well I was tired fell asleep about 12:30 midnight we hear someone in our door my husband jumps up stands behind the door to keep this person from coming because he had a key to our room this man opens our door and I almost fainted I was so scared called the front desk and they said oh it was just a security guard wow like I felt safe now because it was not the man that asked me for my room number just a security guard don't stay here it's dangerous.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Marysnight
Kamini P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Good afternoon,
In response to your survey on tripadvisor, we do apologize that your stay wasn't pleasant but as we discussed prior to your departure in regards to giving out your room information to another guest is always a definate NO NO. We here at the hotel pride ourselves with privacy of our guests and do not give out any such information and we dont advise for our guests to give out their information if they are just meeting someone as well.
Our security at night does regular checks on our vacant rooms & may have simply double checked your room accidentially after you arrived which is no excuse & should not have happened. This is not how we do business, we want our guests to feel secure & pleased with the accommadations that they have chosen for themselves and their families.
There will be put different measures in place so no other guest will be disturbed after check in.
Again, we do apologize for your recent stay and hope to have another opportunity again to show you the best service in Lithonia GA.