“Great hotel!”

Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lithonia
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Hotel is very clean and staff is friendly and accommodating. Hotel staff always greets us with a smile and are sincerely welcoming regarding our use of their facility. Highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a place to stay in the Lithonia, Ga area. Location is great and accessible to grocery stores and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013
Kamini P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Lithonia Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've stayed in hotels ranging from your typical gross motel to Forbes 5-star, AAA 4-diamond hotels.

This is probably the best cheap hotel I've ever stayed in (and definitely the best Red Roof). The King-size room was quite spacious - not just a small room with a huge bed squeezed in. The bathroom/shower and sink were very nice (no actual tub in this room, didn't matter to me though), the TV looked nice - didn't use it though as I was just stopping here for the night.

The late-night staff was very friendly (Ms. Sheila, maybe? I don't remember her name), and was actually recognizing other guests in the lobby by name in the morning when I was leaving. The continental breakfast was fine - nothing fancy, but they had bagels, cereal, and most importantly coffee.

The one downside for me was that the hotel is right next to the interstate, and my room was on that side. I'm not a light sleeper so it wasn't a problem, but I might recommend asking for a room on the non-interstate side. Of course, being next to the highway makes it incredibly convenient.

Again - don't expect a 5-star facility, but for under $80, this is the best hotel I've stayed at.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Kamini P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out and writing a review for tripadvisor.com.

We will share your thoughts and experience with our hotel staff on your behalf.

It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests directly in regards to their visit, we appreciate your business and always look forward to you returning when back in Atlanta, GA.

Thank you again for your time and consideration in choosing Red Roof Inn Lithonia.

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very nice place to stay i would recommend everyone to stay at this location.I've realize that this is a good location to where you have numerous places you can go to. the staff is nice and the service is great and i would stay at the red roof inn every time i come into town at the Lithonia, Ga location. they even have a great variety of T.V. channels that you can choose from and its not like some other hotels where you only have a few to choose from. Bottomline i love this location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Kamini P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Good afternoon Mr. Christopher F,

I would like to take a moment and thank you for your response on tripadvisor.com.

We appreciate your comments and will relay them to the rest of our staff on your behalf.

It was our pleasure providing you with the best service you expected and will continue to do so in your future visits.

We always look forward to hearing from our guests and the experiences that they have with us, it allows us to "Strive for 5", and be the best that we can be or make room for any improvements that our guests would like to see from us.

At this time, I would like to say thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We chose this affordable hotel on the east side of Atlanta on our way to South Carolina. We wanted to get past the Atlanta traffic so as to not have to deal with it the next morning. It seemed like the hotel was in a rougher part of town because a security guard (or police officer?) roamed the halls at night. This hotel is pet friendly. Every time I opened my hotel door, a pack of chihuahuas barked from the room across the hall. (They did not keep me up at night, however.) The laundry was expensive - $2 to wash and $2 to dry. They did give me a military discount, which was very nice.
Our room was not clean. It's like staying in a relative's house who is not meticulous with the cleaning, and you wouldn't mind if you weren't paying for it. But, if I am paying to stay somewhere I expect it to be clean. There were stains on the carpet, scratches on the walls, and the room had a mildewy smell. My pillow was lumpy. The shower door would not close all the way so I got water all over the floor and we weren't given enough towels to mop up all the mess. The hotel just looked tired in general, in need of an update. Breakfast was sparse: some sausage muffins, cereal and bread. They have an attendant who dispenses food to keep people from stealing. On the upside the hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating.
For the price, I expected more. I think I would pay $20 more and stay across the street next time. I never felt completely safe.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 86flowergirl
Kamini P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

I was sorry to hear that your stay wasn't as pleasant as it could have been. I'd like to begin by saying thank you for taking the time out and informing us of your experience and we would like to address some of your concerns expressed.
We, here at Red Roof Inn, are at a great location in Atlanta, we provide security here at our facilities to ensure the safety of our employees and guests, but also, for additional assistance whether it is needing the door opened, handling of luggage back and forth from the car, etc.
We provide additional amenities like our laundry facilities for convenience, the average cost for doing laundry at a laundry facility is about $2.00 per load, so we feel that our prices are reasonable.
We always want to make sure that we provide the best service and room quality to each of our guests and if we were informed of your room being unsatisfactory, we would have changed your room or even upgraded you to make you feel more comfortable. The one thing we do not want is for our guests to stay and be inconvenienced. We prefer to hear about any concerns while our guest are in house so we can address the issues immediately.
We do have a breakfast attendant on-site available to serve each of our guests as another amentity for convenience, we know that are guests are traveling and tired and like to be pampered. We understand that no other hotel/motel offer this type of service and we want to offer our guests what our competitiors dont. An attendant is available for our guests not only for service but also for cleanliness, we wear gloves when serving food to our guests.
At this time, I would like to say thank you again for taking the time out and letting us know where we can improve.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Roshni has a great smile and her attitude makes you feel welcome. The rooms are neat, the beds are soft, and the showers are clean. Its not too far from a few restaurant and Walmart. Has free HBO and wifi. I've never had a bad expierence here so I highly recommend this place. But the best part of the place has to be Roshni, she's great!

• Stayed July 2013
Kamini P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to take a moment and thank you for your kind words regarding our front desk agent Roshni, I will extend your kind words to her.

As well as, taking a moment to write a review, we appreciate the time you have taken in doing so.

It is always our pleasure to provide you with great service and we look forward to continuing that service in the future.

Thank you.
Durham, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I'm a part of their rewards program and this Red Roof Inn is not renovated. The staff is good. The room had wore furniture. The chair was wore and up against the wall so much the wall had an indentation in it. The faucet handle came off and the bathroom sliding door was broken and needed to be lifted up before you can close it. The shower mat was dirty looking. The sheets on my bed was overly bleach which caused me a rash on my arm and torso. The wifi didn't work and I'm knowledgeable with computer. The hotel did have a steady flow of customers coming to check in; but these customer didn't have luggage and the women appeared to be hookers. I would rate this Red Roof Inn as a short stay hotel. I checked into the hotel at 2 am and was only staying two days and I made the best of it; but never again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brownsville51
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that your visit to the Red Roof Inn Lithonia, GA was not to your satisfactory.

I would like to begin with thanking you for taking the time out of your schedule to write us a review, we take our guests reviews and concerns very seriously.

Allow me to begin addressing your concerns regarding our facility.

We do strive to provide the best customer service available but can only provide the best service if guests report any and all concerns when issues arise during their stay.

We've done our investigation into your concerns and we have no record of you reporting any of your issues with the shower door, linen, nor faucet handle to the front desk nor any other staff member during your 7/11/13 - 7/14/13 stay.

These issues are ones that we take very serious and if we were aware of the problem with your room, we would have re-located you to another until the problems could be fixed by our Maintenance Dept and Housekeeping.

You also mentioned a concern on the type of guests we have, as far as our guests that check in to our hotel, we do not profile our guests as we know that when they come to check in, they leave their bags outside in their cars until their accommodations have been complete and require the assistance of a luggage cart to get their bags befire they go to go to their rooms.

Again, I would like to thank you for your time and review, as always, I would like to extend another invitation to visit us in the near future.
Florence, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was sent to this Red Roof Inn on an emergency basis after the water pipes burst in the first hotel where I originated my reservations. I was rushing trying to get ready for an interview and check-in was quick and easy. Even though I had missed breakfast, Rosa, the front desk clerk went out of her way to get a yogurt and breakfast sandwich for me. She went above and beyond to help me when I was in a frantic state. The security staff is also friendly and caring. I would be honored to stay at this location again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kamini P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Studevan Bernard,

I will make sure to share your comments with Rosa and the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lithonia
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta East/Stonecrest
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia
Hyatt Place Atlanta-East/Lithonia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta East-Lithonia
Quality Inn & Suites Decatur - Atlanta East

Been to Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia? Share your experiences!