“They are rip off artist and liars....”

Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lithonia
Clarksville, Tennessee
“They are rip off artist and liars....”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

First I must say, the hotel staff hospitality is horrible, my husband walked in to check in and was greeted by an indian lady, I assume that she is the owner, first question out of her mouth was are you here to work....Just because my husband had on shorts and a t-shirt, that give no right to asked such a question, it is none of her business. Secondly my husband is a disabled vet, we checked in there on October 24th. 2012....We requested a smoking room, which was located on the 4th floor, she told us that the elevator is not working and it's not too many steps, so we checked in anyway, after taking some of our luggage out of the car and making 2 trips up the stairs my husband told me that he was unable to do this, because he has a bad back and knee problems, i told him okay, we will go downstairs and let them know. We spoke to the lady at the desk who check us in and told her that he is unable to go up and down those stairs and we have alot of running around to do. She said the elevator maybe fixed in the next several day, well we could not do it for another day, so we asked to check out and she told us we can't do so with her we have to check out with whomever we booked it online with. and my husband told her that he will will but he will be checking out....now we got there at 3:30pm that day and did not stay more than 2 hrs. So tried several times to contacted the online booking center but long waits on the phone so I sent them an email stating that we will be checking. Since she refused to let us check out with her. Well 4 day after HOTELSONE.COM decided to finally answer our email and tell us that they apoligize for the inconvenience and that they contacted the hotel and the elevator is working now....Could you believe this...4 days after the fact, not only that they charged us for our entire stay, stating my husband was rude to them, when they were rude to us, even after when we contacted HOTELSONE.COM we got hanged up on by several people who call themselves supervisor....Just wanted to share this....Please beware of these folks scam....Guy R. Holden and Roseann Xavier

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Roseann X
Kamini P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Mr.Guy R. Holden and Roseann Xavier,

First of all I would like to apologies to you that you had felt insulated been me asking about your trip. My only concern to asked you that are you here for the business or pleasure so I can assist you and any information locally you might need.

Another thing you had made your reservation threw Hotels.com with smoking room and all our smoking rooms located on 3rd floor. When you check in that's same day Elevator Motor was gone we had all ready called local vendor who does the maintenance for the elevator and when they find out that Motor is gone and this is very rare case it happens and we do not keep in stock but we can ordered it for you and for over night it will cost you little more then Motor for expedite. And I told them yes go ahead and do that and we got the Motor next morning and replaced it right away.

For that I all ready told your husband that elevator is not working and you had smoking but our smoking on 3rd floor but I can give you the room on first floor but you have to go and smoke out side and he refused to upgrade it since he wanted the smoking room.

We are here to make our guest happy and we go out of our way to make you satisfied but when it is beyond our control we can not do so. I really apologised for every thing and in future please call us directly so we can help you for every thing and you do not have to wait for 2 days for your conformation.

Please give us chance for you future reservation.

Owner/GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Customer service excellent!, Ms. Patel goes the extra mile to meet your every need. Rooms are clean and very comfortable, the property is amazing and the lobby is cozy too! always fresh coffee and a great attitude from the staff make this a great stay. I usually stay at Hampton Inn but will stay here anytime I am in the area!

• Stayed December 2012
Kamini P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the taking the time out of your busy schedule just to give us the positive review on tripadvisor.

We appreciate all what was said and will share your comments with the rest of the staff.

We look forward to always seeing you at our establishment.

Thank you again for your kind words of encourgement.
Barnwell
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I'm a frequent guest of this hotel. Always met and greeted by Kamini Patel, the manager, who pretty much knows me by face if not by name when I hit the door. It's the only place I stay when I'm in the area. For me it's the best bang for the buck. It's always a very clean, safe, pleasant place to stay, and great customer service. Centrally located to fast food spots, and only bout 15-20 minutes drive from downtown ATL if you need to get there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for taking time out of your day to express your experience with us.
It is always a special treat to hear and share comments posted on tripadvisor with our staff.

Here at Red Roof Inn, our staff takes great pride in getting to know you as our guest and not just a traveler. When your here, your family. Its not just a job for our staff, its personal.

Its always a great pleasure to see our guests re-visit us here at Red Roof Inn, Lithonia GA..

Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you when your in town.
Aliquippa
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I visited Atl. for the thanksgiving holiday. I was met with great hospitality from the manager Kamini and the laundry room attendant Maxine. The two made my stay of four days the best I've had in a long time. When I return I look for to staying at this same place again. I hope the two are still there when I return.

Dwayne McNeill (the wheelchair big guy)

Room Tip: the handicap room 110
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kamini P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Good Morning Mr. Dwayne,

Thank you so much for the compliments it is our pleasure to provide you the best service and all information you needed on your trip. I will definitely let Mrs. Maxine know about your comments.

I am sure we will be here on your next visit we are not going any where so you will see us right over here.

Manager/Owner
Loganville, Georgia
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night and the room was absolutely great for the price. The room was close to the exit/ entrance. The cable television was also a plus. I was extremely suprised by the customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Kamini P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hello Guest,

I cant thank you enough for your response. I will relay your comments to our staff and it was truly our honor to have you choose us. We will keep up with the service same as we provided you and let staff also know to do the same.

We look forward to seeing you again next year and for your future visits to the Atlanta area.

Thank you again and have wonderful Thanksgiving with your family,

Owner/GM
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I had to stay on Lithonia for a funeral. I was able to call the 800 number and get a great rate about a week in advance. Unfortunately, when I received the confirmation email the night before I was to leave for Atlanta, the prices in the email were higher than what I was quoted. I had to call and speak to a supervisor who had to listen to the original call. After 45 mins on the phone, she corrected the issue. No explanation was given.

Other than that issue, the hotel and hotel staff were great. I was able to check in very late with no issues. They have a security guard who makes sure that your vehicle is safe in the parking lot. The beds are clean and comfortable. The tv's are great. I had like 200 channels to watch. Free WiFi. Free continental breakfast although I preferred going to the 24 hr IHOP around the corner. Also enjoyed the 24 hr Wal-Mart across the street.

The staff were all so friendly and always called me by name (I like that). Overall, if you are looking for an affordable place to sleep on the outskirts of Atlanta, look no further.

• Stayed November 2012
Kamini P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the taking the time out of your busy schedule and give us the positive review. We are very sorry for the lost of your family member.

We do provide the rates for the bereavements, and any groups who like to get 10 or more rooms we do offer discounts for our groups.

We at our inn like to great our guest by there names so they feel like home and make them feel welcome.

I will definitely let my employees know about your comments and they will greatly appreciate your feed back.

We are looking forward to seeing you in near future.

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2012

From the time I made the phone reservation and then arrival at this Red Roof Inn I felt I was talking with a very pleasant and kind woman. Her name s Kamini Patel. I didn't know it at the time, but since learned she is the owner and a multi-tasker. She accommodated our stay with so much more than the standard hotel operator has ever done. We enjoyed our stay and breakfast was good and convenient. Ms. Patel provided us with a map to Stone Mountain and one to the Atlanta Underground. I surely recommend her Inn. The place was quite full but we never experienced any bothersome noise or other issues. Oh yes, Ms. Patel also let us borrow her glass lense screwdrivers to fix our glasses. This saved us a trip to Walmart which, by the way, is just across the street from this Red Roof Inn Lithonia. I found the stay and experience much better than expected and most appreciated.

Room Tip: Suggest you ask Ms. Patel where the best area is for you. She will surely accommodate your needs in...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kamini P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Good Morning Mrs. June,

Thank you so much for taking the time out on your busy schedule for the review and kind words,It was my pleasure to serve you on your trip and assist you on your needs while you were here in Atlanta Georgia.

We try our best to accommodate our guest and make them feel like home and support them with there needs.

Please call us again on your next trip and we will provide you the same service.

Red Roof Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lithonia
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta East/Stonecrest
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia
Hyatt Place Atlanta-East/Lithonia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta East-Lithonia
Quality Inn & Suites Decatur - Atlanta East

Been to Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia? Share your experiences!