“Superb Staff - Adequate Property”

Baymont Inn & Suites Lithia Springs Atlanta
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Lithia Springs
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Superb Staff - Adequate Property”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Staff at this property is suberb! Was staying on a rewards voucher that had the wrong date- they fixed it no problem! Rollaway bed? Brought it right up. Staff here is great! Typical Fairfield Inn, a bit dated but serviceable if you need to be near Six Flags. Cracker Barrel restaurant in front of property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Morewires

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
SPS
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

When we arrived we had to ask for an accessible room due to my broken ankle, and they provided all we needed in a snap. We went to see the city while they were getting the room ready. When we came back we didn't get the accessible room but they made our suite an accessible one! They made all kinds of arrangements inside so I could have all the comfort I was looking for... And I did! That was very special. Kudos for Fairfield!

Stayed July 2014
Brookline, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I agree with many of the reviews about this hotel. It is old, run down, my room smelled like stale cigarette smoke covered up with cologne. The smell in the room was disgusting. The bathroom had mold growing out of the ceiling. The bed was low to the floor and I didn't even get under the covers. I slept on it with my clothes on. And my wife and kids said the same thing after swimming. They were itching like crazy. I had 2 nights booked here and canceled the second night immediately and went to the Spring Hill Suites by the Airport which was super clean and comfortable. The staff however was excellent! Very friendly and helpful, but they were just trying to deal with what they had to work with. A tired old hotel. Marriott needs to re-do the entire hotel. I travel for work constantly and stay at Marriott properties most of the time and this was by far, my worst experience. Corporate needs to step up and put some money into this old place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Shon J, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lithia Springs Atlanta, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your experience. Our hotel is due for renovations and it is in the works. Hopefully more sooner than later. Our goal is to provide you with great service and a clean hotel. We will continue to strive to make every guest experience the best we can. We still take great pride in our hotel and have many satisfied guest, we will continue doing so.

Thanks again,
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Pics on website show pool & spa..FALSE. No whirlpool spa and pool is not what is shown on pic. Pool is cloudy & has way too much chlorine. We are now itchy. Hotel rooms are old and not remodeled. Definitely not worth what these these toons go for. Not worth the money to stay here & now we are stuck. BUYER BEWARE not typical marriott quality!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Shon J, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lithia Springs Atlanta, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to give feedback about your experience while staying with us. We are in the process of updating the photos on our web site. We recently had to close our spa due to Federal Regulations. A lift has to be install on all public spas and our space didn't allow this thus forcing us to close it. We realize that our hotel is due for renovations which will happen in the near future. Our goal is to provide you with a clean hotel and outstanding service. We hope to get a second chance to show you the type of quality and service you have come to expect from Marriott. Thank you,
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Went on a last-minute trip to Six Flags this past weekend (stayed Friday night and checked out Saturday). Chose this hotel since it was affordable (about $100-110 for the night). The front desk staff were cheerful and checked us in quickly. The room was small (1 bed, king), but the bed was very comfortable - almost felt like it had some sort of memory-foam top to it. The sink was not inside the bathroom with the toilet/shower, which is useful, though the bathroom and sink were outdated. Stayed in the 3rd floor where it was quiet. There were a couple of families at the pool, but I did not go. The gym has 2 or 3 treadmills, an elliptical, and towels to dry off, and a scale.
Coffee is available all day. Walmart is very close by (I forgot some things at home, so that was useful!).
The hot breakfast was very good - there is limited seating, though, so if you are there on a busy weekend, you might have to take your breakfast back to your room. There was a breakfast attendant refilling the food section. There was a wide variety of food...hot/fresh waffles, fruit cocktail, cinnamon and blueberry muffins, toast, french toast, bagels, eggs, sausage links and patties, yogurt (fit and light and activia), milk, orange juice, cold cereal, and oatmeal.

The Pros - Good breakfast, comfortable bed, friendly staff and other guests seem friendly, felt safe, HBO.
The Cons - Elevator took awhile, bathroom and sink could be updated.

Room Tip: Bottom floor is close to the pool and gym, but may be better to stay on 3rd floor for a more quiet l...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cary, NC
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed at the Fairfield because it was one exit away from Six Flags and was the nearest in the Marriott chain. We are Gold Members (stay 50+ nights a year) and try to be brand loyal when possible. We had stayed the two previous nights at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis, which was 50% more (even with a good price), but was a luxurious stay. This seemed to be the right choice to have a quick drive after a 90+ degree day walking all over the Six Flags park.

The Fairfield gives you a clean room, safe environment, and an affordable price (we paid right about $100 with taxes). Plus free parking and free breakfast. If that's what you want, Fairfield delivers.

Check In
We arrived very early--about noon. I asked if a room might be ready or if we could just leave our luggage while we were at Six Flags. The desk clerk hesitated, but the manager overhead and quickly came to reassure us that a room could be found. THANKS!!! The check-in process was quick and easy. The clerk thanked us for staying about 12 times in 5 minutes. Guess those TA reviews do get noticed. We were given a red paper bag with 3 peppermint patties, a pack of 4 PB crackers, and a mini water as a thank you gift for being a Gold Member. And we were given a second bottle of water for my son.

Pool
Indoor pool and hot tub looked clean and inviting, but we didn't utilize it. One family appeared to be having fun, and it looked like it was well-maintained.

The Room
The halls do seem a little dated and a tad dark (dark green carpet and off-white paint from the 80s). Popcorn ceilings and textured walls still remain in the rooms, though the lobby has shed this look. The furniture was fine and the mattress was okay, but a tiny bit soft for my taste. But we had just stayed at the Marriott Marquis the night before, so we were a little biased. A small sink area is separate from the shower/tub and toilet room. The room was quiet and we had a good night's sleep. The black-out curtain blocked out all the light from the bright parking lot, except for a tiny bit at the bottom. It's not bad, it's just dated.

The breakfast
The fridge with milk and yogurt has a padlock on it, except during breakfast, but free coffee was available throughout the day. Breakfast included fresh bananas (2 in the bowl) and whole apples. There had been a bowl of cut-up fruit, but only 2 small chunks remained. I asked the front desk if more were available (since no breakfast staff was around), and about 5 minutes later a lady named Kathy arrived and announced to the room that she had heard there was a request for more fruit but that they had run out (at 8:15, and breakfast lasts until 9:30). Kathy did squash down the overflowing trash can and did a couple of things, but the coughing without covering her mouth didn't make me feel great about eating. And she seemed to exhibit a lack of warmth or joy in her job. We've been in plenty of low cost locations where the warmth of the staff makes you overlook the plainness of the presentation. We just didn't see that with her.

The food was fine. Options included 2 make your own waffles stations, syrup, fruit, cereal, sausage links and patties, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, breads, pastries, etc. Truly the food was fine and similar to the options we had in the concierge lounge at the Marquis (see my review) but just presented in a less elegant setting and manner. No bad for the price of free. And Cracker Barrel is a two minute walk away, if you want more.

Finding It
The turn for the Marriott is very easy to miss. It's the very first turn after you get off the interstate. You think the sign is saying that the turn is at the light, but it's the tiny road you first pass. But if you miss it, you can easily traverse the Toyota lot and still reach the Fairfield, which is just behind Cracker Barrel.

If you want an affordable option in this area and aren't bothered by a two star clean hotel with a quiet night's sleep, this is a great choice. If the hotel were to upgrade with new paint, lighting, smooth ceilings and walls, they could easily be a three star hotel. The rooms are a good size and the location is quiet enough. And some further employee training or careful selection would add to the experience as well. (The staff at the next door Cracker Barrel was an excellent example of customer friendly.)

There was a fine, working ice machine down the hall, but no vending machine (despite what the sign indicated).

A generous check-out time of noon was appreciated. Express check-out slip under the door. The front door clerk asked for our room number as we exited and thanked us for our stay.

It was clean, fine, and what we paid for. I might stay there again, but I might be tempted to make the longer drive back to Atlanta to the Marquis, if I got a good price there. If it were my husband, he'd stay here again in a heartbeat. Just depends on what you value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Shon J, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lithia Springs Atlanta, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your experience at our hotel. We except both positive and negative feedback from our guest in order to continue improving. Your comments are well taken and any concerns you mentioned will be addressed. Thanks again,
Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I wish I could give NO STARS. My spouse picked this hotel over another due to being a "Marriott member". It supposedly had a heated indoor and hot tub, and we could get a suite. After we checked in, my kids put on their swimsuits to get in the "heated pool", and I was going to get in the hot tub. Well, the pictures and description of the hotel are false as there is NO hot tub with the pool. If that is what passes for a "heated pool", I never want to get into an UN-heated one. That is NOT the bad part. My youngest didn't mind the cold water, and the oldest only waded in and got out due to the cold. The youngest stayed in the pool but began to complain of itching and burning after about 5 minutes or so. I told her to get out. The water looked weird. The chemical smell was getting to me anyway. I know you can expect strong smell with an indoor pool, but this just didn't seem right. We went straight to our room to let the kids shower. My youngest went 1st as she stayed in the water longest. She washed and conditioned her hair (as I make them do when we are in chlorine), and then came to me to pick through her VERY long hair. Her hair was a big wad stuck to her scalp. It felt like melted plastic. I couldn’t untangle it. She had red marks all around her ears and was complaining that her scalp was still itchy and burning. I thought maybe she didn’t wash/condition well enough. I took her back to the shower and tried to wash/condition myself. It just got worse. I soaked her hair with dangling spray – no use. I called my mother, who is a cosmetologist, to ask what we could do. She said to take her to a salon if we could find one open (it was around 9:30 pm). There was nothing open at that time! We took a chance and went to the “big box store” across the road to look for a product my mother mentioned, and there was a lady in there finishing a client’s hair at their salon. The salon had already closed, but upon seeing my child crying and me in hysterics over her hair, she was more than willing to help. The lady was able to get us a neutralizing shampoo and a deep conditioner to put on my child’s hair that stopped the chemicals from the pool. By this time, my child’s hair was also green and had fallen out in small clumps in places. We went back to the Fairfield, and my spouse spoke to the folks at the front desk cause I was about to hurt someone. They asked what we were even doing in the pool (duh, trying to swim after our long car ride!!) as they had just SHOCKED the pool less than an hour before, and it was closed. We were furious!! Well folks, you didn’t put up a sign, and the door to the pool opens with room keys. The hotel didn’t have the door locked out. How are guests supposed to know the pool is closed if you don’t WARN people and/or lock the door?!?! I’m not an idiot, so if I’d seen a sign or even if the door had just been locked, we would’ve never been in the pool!! My spouse demanded the manager, who conveniently wasn’t there, but was assured we would have our concerns addressed 1st thing in the morning. When I got back to the room, my child’s brand new dark purple swimsuit (that we rinsed and hung in the shower) was now LILAC. LILAC!! If it can do that kind of damage to a spandex piece of swim wear, what was it doing to my child’s skin when she was all burning/itching?? I called our ped back home to describe what had happened. Thankfully, she didn’t have to go to the hospital over the burns. We tried to check out after all this, but there were no rooms available in the city that night. As soon as we found a room available the next morning, we booked it for the remainder of our trip. As we gathered our things from the room, we found what appeared to be dried vomit or something on the box spring of the bed we slept in that night. What a great way to end the stay. The manager still wasn’t there upon check-out, but we were assured that he would be calling us “any time now” that Saturday. That never happened. He finally emailed my spouse later in the week. He actually admitted (in the email) that the pool had been shocked because they were expecting a large influx of guest that Saturday, and the pool should’ve been closed. That was their mistake. He was refunding us our night’s stay. Well, “big whoop” as my youngest says. What about the fact that we spent money at that salon to keep all of her hair from falling out, that she now has bald spots in her hair, that we had to cut more than 6 inches of her hair off, that I’m still (nearly 2 months later) spending money on treatments to keep the rest of it from having to be cut off, that a brand new swimsuit was ruined, and now she doesn’t want to swim in a pool anymore because she’s afraid the water will burn and make her go bald?!?! The Fairfield ruined my vacation!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Shon J, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lithia Springs Atlanta, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Hello, My name is Shon Johnson and I am the general manager her at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. I am very dissapointed in the experience you encountered while staying at our location. It's obvious that you are very frustrated and I completely understand. I want to show you that your satisfaction is very important to us. I would be happy to speak with you personally about your experience so that I can do what ever it takes to make you feel better about this situation. Our goal is always to provide the type of quality and service you have come to expect from a Marriott hotel. Please contact me direct at the property so that we can discuss this matter. Something clearly went wrong and that's not the type of impression we want to leave on any guest. I do thank you for taking the time to express your feelings about your experience. Although it's not what any manager wants to see but I will do what ever it takes to address all of your concerns. Thank you,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lithia Springs
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Six Flags Austell
Hampton Inn & Suites ATL-Six Flags
Econo Lodge At Six Flags
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta West/Lithia Springs
Springhill Suites Atlanta Six Flags
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West - Theme Park Area
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West...
#4 of 11 in Lithia Springs

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Lithia Springs Atlanta? Share your experiences!