“WORST HOTEL EVER!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!”

Motel 6 Atlanta - Lithia Springs
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Lithia Springs
Reviewed March 10, 2011

NEVER STAY HERE!!! At first glance it was ok, the woman at the counter was an idiot and wouldn't let us go to our room when my husbands boss reserved the room for us because of a business trip, we had to wait for him to drive 2 hours to get us in the room. The room was small the bed was horrible the sheets weren't clean the gray fleece blanket on the bed had a white spot on it and didn't look like it had been cleaned in weeks. We had a none smoking room and floor but because of the ventilation system being so bad we smelled smoke from a different floor, plus any food someone took in a room and anytime someone went to the bathroom. The day of the check out it was raining the worst rain we had seen in a long time, I ran to my car that was parked in the back so I can move it to the front so I wouldn't have to run again because I had my dog with me. I pulled around to the covered parking for guests to go in and out without getting wet, 3 cars were there and when I complained because my pants got soaked from the horrible drainage outside the woman at the front ADMITTED one was hers and one was her bosses and when I said "that should be for guests not workers like you." She tried to say it wasn't hers or any other workers, she was a complete idiot and I swear to you if you have a pet and are desperate to stay here you will regret it!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank wesemannladyz

Reviewed April 29, 2010

We stayed here in February, only because we had our dog with us and they will accept 1 dog per room. Let me note that I have stayed at Motel 6 locations many times in the past and they have always been fine-it's not the fact that this is a cheap motel that makes it bad.

The location of the hotel is good-plenty of restaurants and it seems like a reasonably safe area. The problem started when I got to the hotel and it took 45 minutes to check in because the girl registering us had several male and female friends in the office with her and they seemed to be having a party. She would disappear for 10+minutes at a time. I would have gone somewhere else if it wasn't already midnight and I had the dog with me. The lobby area seemed like a typical Motel 6, but when I stepped out of the elevator I was appalled at how filthy the hallway was. The carpet was spongy and sticky and totally creeped me out. There was random trash strewn here and there also. The room was so small we kept bumping into each other. Seriously, it was the size of a bathroom in many Motel 6 locations I have stayed at. It seemed like it was designed for kids. You could hear everything throughout the night, and my dog guarded the door (thank goodness because the clientele going up and down the hall all night were scary) ! The towels were paper thin and there were no toiletries in the bathroom. The bed was tiny and disgusting-like something you might pick up from a second hand store.

The next morning I walked my dog around outside and was appalled at the general condition of the property. Many ground floor rooms had the window screens half torn off, and there were hundreds of cigarette butts underneath most of the ground floor windows. I am not sure if the property was supposed to be non-smoking and this is why this happened, but rest assured that the entire place reeked of smoke even though everyone threw the buts outside. I also thought that the window screens were a safety hazard, enabling someone access to the ground floor rooms from outside.

Again, I am a-ok with most Motel 6 locations and very happy that they are pet friendly. I am always very conscientious about my pet's behavior/actions, but it seemed like the general clientele of this hotel were less conscientious than the average pet and the management seemed to be ok with that. I would NEVER stay here again or allow anyone I knew to stay here. I felt totally dirty when I left this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank theconstantwanderer
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I use a wheelchair but can transfer ok. I usually need a lot of pillows to prop with. The pillows were very nice for that and it only took 3, one for under my knees. Quiet location. No hassle about my little service dog. Room was on the 2nd floor, but elevator made this easy. Room was very clean and had new-looking spreads with bright colors-both I and my daughter liked them. Bathroom was also very clean, and the triangular shelf off the tub was adequate so I could take a bath. I didn't realize there would be no shampoo, but bar soap did fine. My only complaint was, the tub had no appliques to keep one from slipping, but I just put a towel down and had no incident. I would like to see them put non-skid stickers in the tub for safety. There was a sturdy hand rail on the wall, but not one on the tub. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our night there and the location really worked for our purposes. Parking lot had adequate handicapped spaces, and rooms are interior, which I really liked. I feel safer inside. We were able to park right by the ramp into the front door on the left. Staff offered to hold the door open for us, which I'm sure my daughter appreciated. They also offered to help us get our things to the room.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank dannistories
Reviewed May 27, 2007

We went to a family gathering and chose to stay at this Motel 6 First our rooms was not ready, and then we ask for non-smoking and was gave smoking. When we ask for extra towels the housekeeper was rude and told us that we was not on her list/ the room floors was nasty and the bathroom was not clean. overall we decided that it would be our last time to use this hotel and next when we visited stay at a better hotel. and pay for a better and clean well kept place..

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank controlma
Reviewed May 10, 2007

Me and my best friends skipped our prom to go to six flags over georgia. We wanted to save money so i booked us a standard, 2 double bed room online and got the click 6 special. it was a very good price for a friday night and only 2 some odd miles from the park. When they say standard, they mean standard. 2 beds, a tv, a table is ALL you get. We are all young teenagers and we felt a little scared when an older man across the hall started calling the room and knocking on the door. Wish they would have had breakfast. had a few vending machines down stairs to buy frozen dinners yet no microwaves. There is a Ruby Tuesday, Applebees, Cracker Barrel, and IHOP on this exit along with a Walmart. Very small town with nice people. The Bathroom was very nice had a seat so we could sit and shave our legs, not enough towls though for all of us girls.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank JessicaNicole
Reviewed March 12, 2007

This Motel 6 is better than your average budget motel. It's location is ideal, close enough to the exit that your close to all the things one might want there. Numerous chain resturants (Shoney's Cracker Barrel, Burger King, MacDonalds KFC, ect, and Gas/convience stores QuickTrip and RaceTrack offering the most choice (Large fountain selection, coffee of every sort, and standard "kwick food" There's a Walmart, Kroger, and Walgreens with in a few. At the same time the hotel is set back off the main road in way that gives it sense of peaceful quiet.

I've stayed there number of times, March 10, 2007 being the last, and the staff is consistent, friendly, and way better than what you'd expect in higher priced hotel. The beds are average in comfort, the TV selection good (includes HBO, and most expanded cable offerings) The showers are above average(Great water pressure.)

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank RollerDoofus
Reviewed September 19, 2005

LOCATION/PARKING: The hotel is located in the western suburbs of Atlanta, in a commercial neighborhood. During the summer, the motel caters to visitors who are going to the Six Flags amusement park, which is only two miles away. The motel is about 13 miles away from downtown Atlanta. There is sufficient free parking.

SERVICE: Things started off badly as I was assigned to a room which was already occupied by another guest. Then there was another problem with the next room I was given. But the problem was quickly corrected and I was able to occupy my room.

ROOMS: If you have ever stayed in a Motel 6 before, this one is just like all of the others. The room was fine. There was one bed, which was very comfortable and could accommodate two people. I had a private bath and a TV. I also had a desk and a dresser. Motel 6 provides soap but no shampoo in the rooms. The room was very clean.

PRICE: I chose this location because it was the cheapest of all the Motel 6's in the Atlanta area. I paid $45.99 ($51.97 with tax) for my room, which was a good but not great deal.

SUMMARY: Overall, this hotel provided good value for the money. If I were to return to the Atlanta area though, I would check Hotwire first to see if they had anything cheaper. I would also check the other Motel 6's in the area to see what their prices were (prices vary seasonally).

OTHER ATLANTA HOTELS: Also see my review of Homestead Studio Suites in Marietta, Georgia (metro Atlanta).

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank Officer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lithia Springs
Baymont Inn & Suites Lithia Springs Atlanta
Days Inn Douglasville-Atlanta-Fairburn Road
Americas Best Value Inn Douglasville
My Place Hotel - ATL West I 20 / Lithia Springs, GA
My Place Hotel - ATL West I 20 /...
#4 of 12 in Lithia Springs
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta West/Lithia Springs
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Six Flags Austell

Been to Motel 6 Atlanta - Lithia Springs? Share your experiences!