“Decent but small”

Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West - Theme Park Area
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Lithia Springs
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Staff was nice and room was clean. However I would not recommend staying here for any etended amount of time. My family of four were extremely cramped. There's very little space. We were in a room with 2 queens and there wasn't enough room to turn around. Also the counter space in the bathroom was practically non-existent. This looks like an older hotel that was updated because I cannot imagine a newly constructed Holiday Inn would have such cramped quarters. Also the breakfast was your typical Holiday Inn Express sub-par fare. The air conditioner was also very loud. Everytime it kicked on in the night it woke me and my wife up but at least the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank R W
Seema P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West - Theme Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear R W,
Thank you for your honest feedback of your recent trip to our facility, we would like to apologize for not fully meeting your expectations, we are a renovated hotel and are trying to further improve in all areas, hopefully our staff made a good enough impression that you would consider giving us one more chance of serving you and surpass your expectations if you are ever back in the area.

Seema Patel(GM)

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My stay was very nice! When I checked in, there was a new, younger looking lady who checked me in. I guess she was new because she had someone helping her.She did a great job explaining everything and we did not have to wait a while to get checked in. I do not remember her name, but she was very friendly and enthusiastic. I loved the rooms as well. They were very clean and the housekeepers were very nice. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here. My trip was more enjoyable because it was such a nice hotel with an amazing staff!

Room Tip: Ask for the young lady at the front desk!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah S
Seema P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West - Theme Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Sarah

We are very thankful for the precius time you have taken out of your day to write such a wonderful review of our hotel and staff, but most of all we are happy to see that your stay was enjoyable and to your satisfaction. We love the amazing feedback that we get form all of our guest, hopeully we will have the pleasure of serving you once again if you ever back in the area.

Seema, GM

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Found the Holiday Inn Express while looking for a place to escape the rush of central Atlanta. Nice very quiet location, updated room with ironing board and anything else you might need, and close to several places to eat. Also close....but not too close....to Highway 20 for easy access to the city. Alex at the front desk was very friendly, polite and speedy with the check in process. He deserves a raise! I would stay here again anytime.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Anjna D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West - Theme Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad you found the hotel's location convenient, great rooms and friendly & helpful staff. Alex is happy and motivated by your good comments. We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel is hidden behind restaurants and not easy to see from Thornton Rd. Nevertheless, the inside is very nice and staff was friendly. Because my friend, I was travelling with, was a rewards member we received a gift bag (with water & mints) and a free snack. The room was on the 1st floor, very clean and nice, soft beds. My friend used the gym and was pleased. They offer free breakfast. It had a good variety and yummy. It's very close to Six Flags and a major highway, but far enough that it's not noisy. They offer discounts at a few surrounding locations, but we did not patronize any.
A good stay and would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Seema P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West - Theme Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Queenchic,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and we are pleased to hear that your stay with us met your expectations , hopefully if you are ever back in the area we will have the pleasure of serving you and you will be able to take advantage of our discounts with surrounding locations.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Good place to stay and clean and friendly. Was hard to find because it is behind a McDonalds and a Italian place. I would stay again tho. Also they are alot of fast food places and gas stations around.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 302 good room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JEFSUSHAY
Seema P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West - Theme Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Jefsushay,
We are happy to hear that you good stay out our location, and thank you for taking precious time out of your day to give us a review for not just our viewing but future guest. We do apologize for the hard time that you had location us, hopefully we will have the opportunity to serve you if you are ever back in the area.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is one of my favorite places. Always good and very reasonable in price. And there is a good choice of restaurants within walking distance. The review has to be twohundred characters, so I will fill it up some with chatter.

Room Tip: lower floors have better water pressure.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mklarenbeek
Anjna D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West - Theme Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your great review. We appreciate the information you provided us and our future guests. Thank you for your continuous patronage and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

This was part of a 10 day stay in the greater Atlanta area I recently did. I had a 4 night stay here to be closer to the business were working at and it ended up being a very good choice. The hotel is behind a Shoney’s and a McDonalds so it’s sort of hard to spot first thing and right off of Thornton Road. This property is recently refurbed & upgraded and the rooms were very nicely furnished, the beds were very comfortable and housekeeping kept everything very clean.

The thing that really impressed me was I had a room facing Thornton road and you could only hear traffic if say a truck was using a Jake Brake or some other unusually loud noise. Otherwise it was silent, the insulation in the walls was amazing. The heater hardly every came on due to this (And it was in the 40’s during my stay) and one time I actually had to turn the air on to cool the room off. It was a nice change from the usually drafty rooms normally caused by the AC units or cheap windows. (Like the hotel in WI where I’m typing this right now.)

One really big Thank You to the owners for carrying the Wall Street Journal every morning. Normally the HI Expresses only carry the fluffiest newspaper in the US, USA Today, and one of the reasons’ I’ll lean more towards a Marriott property if a have a choice. I wish more HI Expresses would do this.

Only real issue with this hotel is it is pretty much in a residential/commercial area with not many choices in non-chain food unless you drive to 10-25 minutes either back to downtown Atlanta or up towards Douglasville. If you are looking for this hotel for sightseeing around Atlanta and you are not going to Six Flags, you might want to look downtown or to the north side of Atlanta.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MFRoadWarrior
Anjna D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West - Theme Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful and detailed review. We appreciate your comments and information for future guests. The new owners have renovated and refurbished the hotel recently. We are happy you enjoyed the comfortable, quiet and clean room. When your travels bring you to the Atlanta area, we would love to welcome you back with our great service, amenities, and value.
Anjna Dawda

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lithia Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites ATL-Six Flags
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta West/Lithia Springs
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Six Flags Austell
Springhill Suites Atlanta Six Flags
Candlewood Suites Atlanta West I-20
Candlewood Suites Atlanta West I...
#5 of 10 in Lithia Springs
Baymont Inn & Suites Lithia Springs Atlanta

Been to Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West - Theme Park Area? Share your experiences!