Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West - Theme Park Area
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Lithia Springs
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is one of my favorite places. Always good and very reasonable in price. And there is a good choice of restaurants within walking distance. The review has to be twohundred characters, so I will fill it up some with chatter.

Room Tip: lower floors have better water pressure.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mklarenbeek
Anjna D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West - Theme Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your great review. We appreciate the information you provided us and our future guests. Thank you for your continuous patronage and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

This was part of a 10 day stay in the greater Atlanta area I recently did. I had a 4 night stay here to be closer to the business were working at and it ended up being a very good choice. The hotel is behind a Shoney’s and a McDonalds so it’s sort of hard to spot first thing and right off of Thornton Road. This property is recently refurbed & upgraded and the rooms were very nicely furnished, the beds were very comfortable and housekeeping kept everything very clean.

The thing that really impressed me was I had a room facing Thornton road and you could only hear traffic if say a truck was using a Jake Brake or some other unusually loud noise. Otherwise it was silent, the insulation in the walls was amazing. The heater hardly every came on due to this (And it was in the 40’s during my stay) and one time I actually had to turn the air on to cool the room off. It was a nice change from the usually drafty rooms normally caused by the AC units or cheap windows. (Like the hotel in WI where I’m typing this right now.)

One really big Thank You to the owners for carrying the Wall Street Journal every morning. Normally the HI Expresses only carry the fluffiest newspaper in the US, USA Today, and one of the reasons’ I’ll lean more towards a Marriott property if a have a choice. I wish more HI Expresses would do this.

Only real issue with this hotel is it is pretty much in a residential/commercial area with not many choices in non-chain food unless you drive to 10-25 minutes either back to downtown Atlanta or up towards Douglasville. If you are looking for this hotel for sightseeing around Atlanta and you are not going to Six Flags, you might want to look downtown or to the north side of Atlanta.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MFRoadWarrior
Anjna D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West - Theme Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful and detailed review. We appreciate your comments and information for future guests. The new owners have renovated and refurbished the hotel recently. We are happy you enjoyed the comfortable, quiet and clean room. When your travels bring you to the Atlanta area, we would love to welcome you back with our great service, amenities, and value.
Anjna Dawda

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We arrived on september 23 2012 and had some issues with extended 4 day stay rate but they were resolved and we got the rate. I noticed right away the elevator was broken and was a little concerned about using the other one. The room was nice and clean except for loud bathroom fan was good.The fitness room had broken equipment and the door to get back into the hotel from the pool is broken and according to this review site has been since aug 2012...there were no towels to use the swimming pool . I think we are checking out early today and going to a little better hotel. I am a priority club member but they need to address these issues if the holiday inn logo is to be used.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Karen R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West - Theme Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Karen R,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am happy to know that you found our room accommodations nice enough for your needs. Please accept my apologies if you found your stay less than satisfactory due to some amenities not working during your stay. We will address these matters and I wish to thank you for your valuable feedback as this is our best means of improving guest satisfaction.

We hope to have an opportunity of hosting you again should your travels bring you back to Lithia Springs.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Nice beds - good breakfast. Central location - even clean swimming pool - not bad for $104? The check in staff were very friendly and helpful. Lots of eat out places nearby too. This is a typical holiday inn express but as a place to stay with kids it's perfect

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Expattraveler100
Seema P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West - Theme Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Expattraveler100,
Thank you for your amazing review for us and our future guest to see, we are happy to read that you found our facility a good place for your family to stay. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of having you back out our location if you are ever in the area.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed here with my children recently for a trip to Six Flags and a couple of Braves games. The hotel has went through a transformation from a Comfort Inn to a Holiday Inn Express. The hotel's appearance, both interior and exterior, looks new and fresh. The rooms have also been renovated and are nicely decorated. But in my opinion, there in lies another problem; the rooms are still the same size as those in a Comfort Inn (not the Suites) and are small compared to other properties I've stayed at. The bathroom and sink area is very small and cramped. The beds were comfortable and we had a mini-fridge and microwave under the TV stand. The closet is in an odd place next to the window behind a mirror. With only three in our room, it met our needs but may be a bit cramped for any more. On more positive notes, the hotel is a non smoking property that is located very close to I-20. It is about a 5 minute ride to Six Flags and is about a 15 minute ride to Turner Field. You can walk to McDonalds or Chik-Fil-A and there are several other restaurants in the immediate area. It has a nice pool area and decent fitness room. The complementary breakfast was typical for a Holiday Inn, but looked like a cattle call in the mornings. You will need to arrive early! There was not a place to sit when we came down so we just walked to Chik-Fil-A or McDonalds for breakfast. The Hotel staff were polite and helpful for the most part. The hotel advertises it sells Six Flags tickets for its guests at a discounted rate, however, we were advised that they were out of them. Overall, I think the hotel rates better than average but not yet at the next level.

2  Thank AttalaRay

Dear AttalaRay,
Thank you for taking time out of your precious day to right a detailed review for us and our future guest to see, we love all the honest feedback that we get from our guest it helps us improve in all aspects for the future guest. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the location of our facility and that it worked to your convenience, we are sorry to hear that you were not able to get our complimentary breakfast in the morning, and also our lack of six flags tickets for the date that you needed them. Hopefully these small inconveniences will not affect your choice of hotels if you are ever back in the area, we hope that you will give us another chance to meet your expectations for your next stay.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We planned for a two night stay here so we could go to Six Flags. I had read reviews that the hotel was newly decorated so that appealed to me. My husband, two kids and I arrived from Orlando at about 11pm. The front desk clerk was courteous and we were in our room quickly. When we opened the door to the room it was neat and tidy but I could immediately see it was going to be cramped. The bathroom door is on an angle so as not to take up too much living space because the rest of the room is small. The closet is not near the door but all the way inside at the farthest corner from the door. The beds have a waterproof liner underneath the sheets so it is a bit uncomfortable. As we were getting settled that evening, we all kept bumping into eachother. I think this room would be ok for three people but works best for two. With a family of four it is a tight squeeze.

The next morning at breakfast there was a sign on the pancake machine apologizing that is was out of order. There were scrambled eggs but absolutely no condiments for them like ketchup (who doesn't have ketchup for eggs?), salsa or shredded cheese. There were hard boiled eggs, but no salt packets to sprinkle on the eggs. We had been on the road travelling the country for 16 days and had a lot of hotel "free" breakfasts so this was disappointing.

We went out to the pool to look at it but could not get back into the hotel with the card key. When we told the clerk we were locked out she said the lock was broken, but no sign was posted on the door with this information.

Returning to our room, we discovered that our toilet stopped flushing. It had been flushing strangely since we arrived the night before. I called the front desk and the phone rang forever with no answer. I hung up and tried again 5 minutes later with the same result. Finally went down to the front desk asking for service for the toilet and the same clerk was there who had checked us in at 11pm the night before. She apologized when I told her that I kept calling with no luck, because our toilet stopped working. She said she would send someone up to fix the toilet. At this point I was quite frustrated with things being "broken" at the hotel and asked if we could check out with no penalty. She looked up our account and said "yes."

Went back upstairs and told the family to pack. The front desk called and asked if we would like to change rooms but we said "no thank you". Nobody ever came to fix the toilet while we were packing. I had to go to the first floor to use the restroom.

For $5 more a night, we moved to the Hyatt Place/Cobb Galleria where the rooms are much more spacious for a family of four.

Room Tip: Ok for a one night stay for a family of two or three. Cramped for a family of four.
1  Thank Duchess7720

Dear Dutches7720,
We would like to apologize for all of the inconveniences that you had with your stay at our facility, we are thankful that you took some precious time out of your day to write such an honest and detailed review of your stay with us. We look at all the feedback that our guest present to us to improve in the future for our guest. Since the time of your stay we have improved in some aspects and hopefully you will give us a second chance to meet your expectations if you are ever back in the area.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here after we visited Six Flags. It was located close to the interstate and right behind some restaurants including a Mc Donalds. We arrived at night and the area seemd safe enough. The reception is pretty impressive looking due the the recent renovation. The check-in was courteoud and speedy. There were luggage carts available in the front. The elevator looked a little trashed but that might be because we saw a large group of teenagers enter the hotel right before we did. (it still looked the same in the morning though). The room was on the small side, but had everything we needed, including very comfortable beds. The recent renovation was well done and we did have a closet behind a full-length mirror. The breakfast was a normal Holiday Inn Express buffet with cereal, cinnamon rolls, eggs with cheese, and muffins and bagels. The little fridge was broken so I had to ask for yogurt, which was then readily provided. Overall I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank jajab04

Dear Jajab04,
We are happy to read that your stay with us was satisfactory, and are happy to see that you would consider us for your next stay if you are ever back in the area.