“Passes with a C-”

Springhill Suites Atlanta Six Flags
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Lithia Springs
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel while in town for a Braves playoff game. The check-in process went smoothly and we had no problems.

The first thing I noticed was the elevator was filthy - everything from old gum to hairbands were stuck in the door crack.

The room had a faint smoke odor, and it smelled like someone had sprayed perfume to cover it up. It wasn't a huge deal to us, but it would probably bother someone with allergies. We weren't planning on being in the room long, so we didn't ask to move.

The next morning, we we down for breakfast. The breakfast area is way too small for the number of rooms in the hotel. It was a maddening jungle of people cutting in line and bumping into one another. Due to the number of people, food items were constantly running out. When I asked the breakfast attendant for some more milk, she said "okay," but on her way out mumbled, "I can only do one thing at a time." (I understand, but that's still not a comment to make in front of guests).

The indoor pool was an amazing temperature, but the actual area surrounding the pool could have used a good scrub-down. There were a ton of cobwebs and the water fountain was 75 percent rust (literally). Still, we made what we could of it and enjoyed the pool and hot tub.

Overall, the room is spacious and has a great layout. Other than the odor, we had no issues with the room itself. The beds were comfortable and we slept well. I'd say this hotel passes with a C minus.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We visit Six Flags each year and this is our choice of stay! SpringHill Suites have large (suite-like) rooms and great FREE continental breakfast. Due to the rain, we had to opt out of visiting Six Flags and went with World of Coca Cola and LegoLand. We had a great time at both places.

My check-in process of Friday, September 20, 2013 at 9:45 p.m. was quite interesting. (I'm giving the date and time just in case management would like to check the work schedule to view who was working this evening; I failed to get the employee name). I was SCOLDED the hotel rules and regulations by one of the check-in clerks: "There will be NO partying, NO smoking, NO running through the halls, NO slamming doors, etc." (LADY, I'm a grown 33 year old woman!!!) Was she reacting this way after looking over my party which consisted of 5 children aged: 8, 7, 4, 4, and 2?? Regardless of the fact, her approach should have been more pleasant since I am the GUEST!! Apparently, the other guests above me did not get the "memo"; there was running and slamming doors until 1 a.m. that night. Our second night stay was much quieter during evening hours.

We have been guests here each year since 2007 and plan to continue in the years to come. Hopefully, that check-in clerk can get an attitude adjustment before my 2014 visit.

Note: The nearby hotel rooms were either smaller in square footage and/or the breakfast was not complimentary.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the hotel front and parking lot. Odd numbered rooms face a wooded area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank LeavingTheMetro
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here overnight and the room was clean and comfortable. The bedding was clean and soft. It was a suite with kitchenette (fridge, microwave, sink), desk, sofa, etc. The A/C was working well which was needed since it was so hot outside. The bathroom was clean but old and needed some refurbishing... the toilet seat was loose, the shower curtain needed to be replaced, etc., which is why I didn't rate this hotel higher.

The free breakfast was good with cereal, oatmeal, some pastries, eggs, bagels, french toast, and 2 waffle machines. Coffee, milk, apple and orange juice were also provided. Free newspapers were available as well.

Overall, it was a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bamaguy99
Reviewed August 24, 2013

They gave me a room that was not cleaned and look like the previous guest just left. TWICE. ended up sleeping in the sofa for 2 nights. If they gave me a room twice that was not cleaned I doubt they wash the linens.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank RDLevi
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I am a rewards member for marriott for 5 years and this is the first time I have to say that one of there hotels sucks. No other way to say it. I should have know when i checked in at 9pm and saw 4 cars in the parking lot. Whats bad is that the workers where ok as far as when i needed everything they had it ready. Here it is, got to room after driving 15 hours want a shower and bed ,go to use the bathroom and fall off the toilet as soon as ya sit it came off the floor cant make this up. Go to shower now finish shower and there are no big towels just wash clothes now im steaming so my wife goes down to get towels dry off and but some stuff from the road in fridge like soda and water and there is old pizza in there. Then I lay down and say finally at least the bed is good turn on tv to see whats on they have 20 channels and 7 of them are out.

Room Tip: There are 50 marroits that are better then this one in the atlanta area
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kevin k
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I booked this hotel for our trip to Six Flags based on location, free wi-fi and free breakfast. Those 3 things were spot on. However, the room itself left alot to be desired. The room feels dirty and there's mold on the shower curtain. The air conditioner has a mind of its own kicking on and off....but it's SOOO LOUD that you can't hear the TV when it's on. The TV reception was terrible and NBC as well as CBS wouldn't come in. I wouldn't stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 22, 2013

As a Marriott Rewards Member, I'm embarrassed for the Marriott chain. Anything you can complain about happened; the elevator broke, the tub stopped up, we JUST walked in our room unloaded our luggage and the telephone rings it's the front desk with a complaint from the guests below about us "walking too hard"..in OUR room...REALLY?!(The calls came in 2xs) I addressed this issue with the mgr..and asked could he switch us or them and he said no, the floors are thin and asked us to "walk lighter"; then my husband asked do you want us to leave and he said "It's up to you". You expect us to come back or recommend this property?! A sign displaying General Mgr on Property I wanted to speak with him; never saw him during my 4 nts stay so i've already written the Corp Office. Totally not acceptable as guests to be treated as such.

Thanks to Ms. Helen and Ms. Jasmine for assisting in keeping the situation calm during our stay. No thanks to the Front Office Mgr on for July 4th weekend. Wanted to change hotels but, due to the holiday, everything was booked.

In addition, housekeeping asks "What do you want me to do in your room today? Huh? Listening to music in the hallways and without any uniforms..smh. If you wanted towels, iron etc YOU..the GUEST had to go down to the lobby and get it yourself!

If you must stay here Good Luck! The place is run down, dirty, management needs retraining, and does not deserve ANY stars!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lithia Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites ATL-Six Flags
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta West/Lithia Springs
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West - Theme Park Area
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West...
#4 of 10 in Lithia Springs
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Six Flags Austell
Candlewood Suites Atlanta West I-20
Candlewood Suites Atlanta West I...
#5 of 10 in Lithia Springs
Baymont Inn & Suites Lithia Springs Atlanta

Been to Springhill Suites Atlanta Six Flags? Share your experiences!