Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

IL
Breath Taking

Reviewed January 26, 2020
387terriec

All reviews gift shop white marble take pictures hindu religion self guided audio tour carved pillars temple premises architecture shoes culture atlanta figures
Selected filters
Reviewed January 27, 2020

We read about this place in the Georgia Travel Guide and thought it would be an interesting stop to break up a long car ride. It was raining the day we got there, but with umbrellas in hand we were very glad that we stopped. There are more that 34,000 individual intricate marble pieces that were carved by hand in India & shipped to the USA and assembled like a giant 3-D puzzle. If you are in the area, do yourself a favor and stop to see this amazing place and learn more about the Hindu religion.

Date of experience: December 2019
2  Thank KC4444
Reviewed January 26, 2020

This is one of the most amazing places I have seen. I suggest purchasing one of the books from the gift store about the Hindu Religion.(only 1.00 when we were there) I wish I had read the book before seeing the Temple. I would have known the history of what I was seeing.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed January 9, 2020

Must see in Atlanta, Hindu temple but open to anyone, as long as you follows the rules of taking off your shoes etc.. Cultural enthusiasts can learn plenty about hindu religion here. Some great photos. Greatly and meticuously carved pillars of marbles in and out of the temples, illustrating hindu mythological stories and figures.
Simply awesome!
Lots of parking.
Check timings on website before arriving here.
Shayona is a vegetarian restaurant in the temple premises for a quick eat.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed November 21, 2019

You won't believe that something like this exists in Georgia! The temple is amazing!! You can only take pictures outside. The inside is stunning. I felt like I was in an ice-castle. Everyone has to take their shoes off and everything is white marble. Be respectful that people are there to pray and don't get in their way. The deities are ornate and beautiful. It is something that really must be seen to be understood. Expand your horizons and visit this temple.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed November 5, 2019 via mobile

Pictures don’t do this place justice. The architecture is amazing. They don’t allow pictures inside the building, which is understandable. It was still awesome to see. We spent about 30-45 min walking around outside and seeing the prayer room

Date of experience: November 2019