“Great for kids”

Yellow River Game Ranch
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Lilburn
More attraction details
Owner description: A 24-acre animal preserve with a wide variety of local species.
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great for kids”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We've taken our son here several times. It's not as exotic as the ATL zoo but you can get up close and personal with the animals and pet quite a few of them. It's a little sad to see some of them caged up but I realize it's for everyone's safety.

Visited September 2012

Georgia
133 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Nice petting zoo”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Great way to get up close to wild animals. Try not to visit right after it rains. It can be very muddy and not good for strollers.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank penntrainer
Suwanee, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“up close”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

almost all of the animals are up close, deer, sheep, goats donkeys, squirrels, chipmunks, eat out of your hand.
Awsome experience

Atlanta, GA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Lost a magic touch with the deer fenced in”
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

I have been going to YRGR for years. Every time my gbabies visit GA the #1 request is YRGR, always has been for years.
I was so disappointed during my last visit. I found all of the deer behind a fence instead of roaming the ranch.
When I asked why there was a fence between us I was told it was the state making them put the fence up EVEN TOUGH there have been no accidents.
YRGR is still a magical place for all ages where everyone can interact with bunnies, goats, birds, squirrels that run up to you and take a peanut out of your hand, sheep, billy goats, and much more.
However it is so disappointing for us who remember the "good old days" that werent so long ago.
Also I recommend to plan your visit early in the day as the animals are more active.

Athens, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Fun for Adults and Kids!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Bring with you, apples, carrots, celery, unsalted p-nuts. Take your time and enjoy. All the animals are sweet, our 4 year old hugged 3 deer.

Visited January 2012