“Except for a few A Total Waste of Time”

Georgia Rural Telephone Museum
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Leslie
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Alpharetta, Georgia
621 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2,131 helpful votes
“Except for a few A Total Waste of Time”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I often go to mainstream AND offbeat museums. This one goes into the offbeat category and I was in the area. This is the single worst museum I can remember visiting. There are a TON of phones on display from 1877 through the end of the 19th century and every phone is marked as to date and manufacturer. There is no clue as to the differences, the timeline of telephone history and development, or what led from one innovation to the next. There is also large old "plug type" operator units with, again, no clue as to when, why, or how they evolved.

There is also one room of model ships with no indication of what it is doing there. There is also a large unmarked, unplayable, no signage pipe organ. Way in the back of this place are a bunch of cars from the 50's and 60's.

I wish I'd saved my $6 and my 90 minutes of time. No value. I had no idea what I was looking at and it just didn't improve. Unless you are a phone collector and understand what you are looking at this is not a good stop.

If this review is helpful to you then please click on the button below the review.

Visited August 2013