“Very comfortable and fantastic hospitality”

Little Gables Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed here for 8 weeks either side of Christmas 2011 while relocating, and it became a real home from home. Hospitality was fantastic, always a warm welcome and a hot drink (and maybe a cake!) on offer on arrival and great breakfasts to set me up for the day. All the rooms are very well appointed with all the mod cons and very comfortable beds. Location wise it is well situated on the outskirts of Wallingford with some lovely walking/running tracks only 5 minutes away. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed January 20, 2012

Selected principally because of its proximity to mynext day's business, LG lived up to its other reviews.
Spotlessly clean, charming decor (lots of detail), well stocked honest bar, hot drink on arrival, strong wi-fi, superb cooked breakfast, all for much less than any Premier Inn or equivalent in the vicinity.

Really impressed

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Lovely comfortable rooms decorated immaculately. We had excellant attention and service from Paul and staff at this very much hotel quality like B&B. I always either forget phone chargers or lose them so a great example was the iPhone charging radio alarm clock next to the bed, very useful. Lovely breakfast too. All round I thoroughly recommend this this B&B.

Room Tip: Room 1 the best apparently.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Clean room, wonderful welcome, great breakfast. The B&B is peaceful, beautifully decorated and good value for money

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I very much enjoyed my stay at Little Gables. We had a lovely welcome and a freshly made hot drink was brought to our room on arrival. The room had shortbread and chocolates and there was an extensive (not expensive!) minibar. The room was, clean and beautifully decorated, the breakfast was delicious and the owners and staff were VERY friendly. The B&B is good value, in a good location and I would definitely stay again.

Thank-you everyone at Little Gables for such a lovely weekend :)

Sarah

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Enjoyed a two night stay at this very friendly bed & breakfast. The rooms were very clean and well decorated. Served a full range of breakfast. Will definitely use again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I stayed with my 6 year old son. I chose it due to tripadvisor reviews, price and location for my needs. My 6 year old son liked the sound of the DVD (which we were offered to have in our room). It met all our expectations. The welcome was excellent. My heavy bags were carried to my room and we were offered refreshments (large cup of tea in my case). This was particularly welcome after a long journey from abroad. The room was clean, cosy and complete with all the trimmings. We ate locally at a delicious restaurant ('the Old Post Office') and had an early night. The king size bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. I was concerned about possible night time noise (given neighbouring roads) but I didn't hear a sound, either there wasn't any traffic or the house was sufficiently set back from the road not to make a difference. All in all a very enjoyable stay. I hope to be back again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
The Partridge Inn Wine Bar & Restaurant
Court Farm Barns
Court Farm Barns
#2 of 2 in Warborough

Been to Little Gables Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!