“One of the nicest”

Hampton Inn Lawrenceville
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This Hampton Inn was pretty good. Great check in staff, very helpful and friendly. Nice, clean and well furnished room. Only a few criticisms; there was no fridge, and I couldn't find ice on my floor (looked everywhere, maybe I just didn't). Also, the toilet could have been screwed to the floor tighter (it wobbled), there were no bags in the trash cans, and a wet flannel had been left on the shower rail. Ok, more than a few, but nothing really completely gross.

There was a managers reception, that I wasn't expecting, with beer, wine, and a huge selection of snacks and deserts, and it was all great! The breakfast was standard fare for a Hampton Inn, but I like them, so for me it's not a problem. The one thing that made my day was the amount of strawberries! It seems a funny thing to comment on, but there you have it. The lemon water (which I love to drink when it's provided, and not all Hampton Inns do,), was also infused with strawberries, and it really tasted great!
There are a great selection of restaurants within a not too far drive, and a strip mall right next door if you need something to do.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Tonya R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lawrenceville, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Yorkiebrit,

Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! We are so happy that we were able to exceed your expectations our friendly front desk staff, manager’s reception, and fruit water with strawberries. I would like to apologize for the items you found in the room; we have reported the toilet to our engineer for repair and addressed the towel being left behind with our housekeeping staff. We do have specific rooms that have microwave/refrigerators available. We look forward to welcoming you back if you are in the Lawrenceville area in the future.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We were a family of 5. We only had to choose this hotel because it was the closest to family we were visiting. The double beds are way too small. My husband and I are average and it was really uncomfortable for both of us to sleep together. My children slept in the other bed, and my teenager slept on a roll-a-way bed in the corner. They need to update their beds to at least 2 Queens! If there are just 2 people, you will be comfortable, one in each bed. But more than 2, you will feed squished.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Deanna H
Tonya R, Manager at Hampton Inn Lawrenceville, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Deanna,

Thank you for being our guest, and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! I apologize that we our double beds did not meet your expectations during you stay. We are having a renovation later this year where we will be updating to Queen beds in our double rooms. We hope you will try us again if you are ever in the Lawrenceville area again.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I am staying at this location for work for two weeks and the facilities are great and the staff has been professional and friendly. I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommend to friends traveling here.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Alex C

Dear Alex,

Thank you for being our guest for two weeks! We are so happy that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you shared your experience on Tripadvisor! We look forward to welcoming you back if you are in the Lawrenceville area in the future.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Friendly staff. Updated and very clean. Comfortable beds. This hotel had a wonderful breakfast selection. Eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, breads, yogurt, cereals, coffee, milk, juice. This is a quaint area of Georgia. Found wonderful local historic downtown to be a big plus. Had dinner at a locally owned restaurant called Local Republic. Highly recommend! Would stay again if we have the opportunity. AAA+++

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Gregory Scott C
Tonya R, Manager at Hampton Inn Lawrenceville, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Gregory,

Thank you for being our guest! We are so happy that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you shared your experience on Tripadvisor! We are happy that you enjoyed our breakfast and visiting our Downtown area. We look forward to welcoming you back if you are in the Lawrenceville area in the future.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Hampton is my preferred chain, but the cleanliness of this one was sub par. I concur with another reviewer about the cigarette smoke smell - at least on the second floor (could smell it shortly after exiting the elevator). We moved to a third floor room that was fine. The elevator was in sad shape and bits of food/trash were lining the hallway on the first floor. On the upside, the staff bent over backward with politeness and efficiency.

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor if you dislike cigarette smoke smell.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank NvrPerfect
Tonya R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lawrenceville, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for being our guest, and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! I apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations on the cleanliness of the hotel. We pride ourselves in having a clean hotel and will look into what happened during your stay. I also apologize that you smelled smoke on the 2nd floor; our hotel has a 100% smoke free policy. If there is anything I can do to make up for your disappointment, please let me know.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Everything was nice, clean and the staff helpful. The only problem was someone's car alarm went off all night and the staff did not know whose car it was in order to ask them to repair it or stop it. It woke us up a number of times during the night......did not get a good night's sleep because of the car alarm.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Tonya R, Manager at Hampton Inn Lawrenceville, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you for being our guest, and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! I am glad to hear that the hotel was clean and the staff was helpful. I am sorry that a car alarm was making noise during your stay. If there is anything I can do to make up for your disappointment, please let me know.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

If you are looking for great customer service and above average accommodations, stay here. The rooms smelled fresh and clean. The breakfast is very good for the type that it is. They have real eggs (hard boiled) for those who are not in favor of other eggs. There are a lot of breakfast choices. The coffee is excellent. Front desk is attentive and courteous. You will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Andrea,

Thank you for being our guest, and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! I am glad to hear that the staff was helpful and friendly and that you found the rooms smelled fresh and clean. I am also glad you enjoyed the breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back if you are in the Lawrenceville area in the future.