“Cheap stay, old and outdated.”

Days Inn Lawrenceville
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Montgomery, Alabama
“Cheap stay, old and outdated.”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

The king room was cheap, a little under $60.00. The hotel was old and very outdated. The bed was worn out and "lumpy" and should have been discarded years ago. If you are just desperate for a place to lay your head, it'll work for you. It did have free wi-fi and although old and shabby, it was clean.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank L B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Knoxville
Reviewed November 18, 2011

The picture you see is of the renovated lobby area only. Almost like a Hollywood set. Maybe this is what some are doing now days- remodeling only the front lobby so it appears the whole place is modern. Your rooms are not there and not comparable to that lobby area. I would say the rooms were built in the 50's, 60's, or early 70's maybe. Altough somewhat minimally updated (fresher paint), the rooms are very dated. I stayed there as it was provided for my business visit but second trip I requested (and received) better accomodations. Unfortunately, there was a bit of a smell that we lessened with candles. I asked to access the lobby computer but was not allowed to enter it after like 10pm. The desk clerk appeared untrusting and unapologetic leaving me to feel more uneasy as if there may be a history of criminal activity at the location.The "breakfast" was very minimal.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank rlane1000
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We saved about $80 between the two nights we stayed there. If I would have know it was a real dive I would rather have paid more to be comfortable. The room had a funky odor and we had dirty towels in the room when we checked in. Reminded me of those run down motels in Breaking Bad. Don't do it!! Pony up the extra cash

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jesse H
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Dirty, smelled smoky, and was filthy. The mattresses were so gross we went to a nearby store to buy a plastic sheet for protection. Picked this hotel specifically due to what they advertised as a exercise room, however the person working the desk did not know how to turn on the equipment. Treadmill and mini weight machine only. Room very hot. AM coffee was horrible, ditto for food. Was not expecting a five star experience but this was horrid, unable to get refund as we paid in advance. Management spoke minimial english and either did not understand english well or choose to appear as if he did'nt.

Room Tip: Go to another place.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DeborahD98
Hillsdale, Michigan
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Stained mattresses. Dirty bedding. Toilet moved from the floor! We were there 15 minutes! Management refused to refund my money! Lost $200!!!

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank derbymomma
Columbia
Reviewed November 17, 2009

Where can I begin... Well The place was just remodeled and it is still dumpy! Very poor maintenance of the rooms, I had one light fixture hanging off the wall, both bulbs near the bed were out, the curtains wouldn't close all the way, it was noisy outside and there was no sound insulation. We got no money back for having to leave early (1:00 A.M) because our friends in the other room were being eaten by BED BUGS! I couldn't justify staying the rest of the night in this dump! You would think that with only fifty some rooms they might be able to actually clean the rooms, check for maintenance, and do things that a hotel should provide for the money you pay. Beyond the actual stay I had left my school ID in the room (it was clipping the curtains shut). and it took two and a half weeks for them to actually get the ID back to me in the mail, in which I had to pay for 44 cents of the postage!!! Really?!?! I have heard of hotels sending people's laptops to them for no charge to the customer! They kept telling me that my address was wrong and it kept coming back, but when we made her read the envelope it said returned for postage!!! That has nothing to do with the address!!! The manager had the gull to sass back at us saying that they know what they are doing, when we asked how much postage they were putting on it. So after paying $70.00 for the room, I had to waste my time and gas to go pay 44 cents at the post office! 44 cents!!! What a cheap hotel!!! They have no right to be running a hotel!!! You should know the laws of running a business to be able to run a hotel. I am very disappointed and will NEVER stay in a Days Inn Ever Again!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank puggydad
south carolina
Reviewed November 1, 2009

, A friend and I stayed at Days Inn, Lawrenceville for only a few hours. Why do you ask???.. BED BUGS!!!! In the middle of the night I saw out of the corner of my eye what I thought was something crawling. I did not want to believe it so I woke my friend , and sure enough YES !!!! there in our beds were BED BUGS!!!!!.
When we told the desk clerk about it, we were asked "where did they come from and when". We were then told we could not get out money back because the room was pre paid via the web site.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends