“Great Experience!!”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Macon, Georgia
“Great Experience!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have stayed at a lot of hotels for business and pleasure and must say that my experience at the Magnuson Hotel was great! Excellent customer service and no fuss during check in time...all of the staff I encountered were all very pleasant! I am very picky about cleanliness and can definately say that this hotel was very clean...extremely comfortable stay! I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was driving through and needed a place to stay for the night so I decided to stop at the Magnuson Hotel since it was conveniently located right off the exit. Front desk was very helpful and made my check-in very quick and easy! I would definitely recommend the hotel to friends and family if they're in the area. Thanks for a pleasant stay and I will definitely be a repeat customer!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot and this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Holes in shower, bugs, no covers on electrical sockets. They said it just had a major renovation but the only thing I noticed was some new paint in hall way. Old carpet, rude staff, the tv reception is bad, remote does not work, furniture old dated and dirty. They lock the lobby at 7 pm. I have stayed here I. The past and it's worse than ever. Tried staying again because close to work but it's truly not worth the money.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Bigjohn06
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I come to this hotel quite often and it has been managed by different people each time I have come. I have always enjoyed my stay here. It is cheap and very clean. But my last stay was one of the worst I have experienced not only at that hotel but all the hotels I have stayed at. The guy who works in the office at night is the same guy who does the housekeeping was very rude not only to me but to customers who have not done anything wrong. I came back to my room late and I hear a knock on my door and so I opened the door and it was the guy working night shift saying some inappropriate things to me and being very sexual. He tried to touch me but I backed off. When I backed off he got mad and started telling me I can't be in the hallways after 7pm and no visitors allowed. I am a grown adult I am not a felon nor a child and I do not want to be felt like that or harassed sexually by the workers. I will never go back to this hotel ever again.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Tiffsmith
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This is the 3rd times in about 2 months that I've stayed here with my girlfriend. The first 2 times they would call around 10:45am to see if you wanted to stay another night. If you chose not to stay, they would knock on your door around 10:55am to see if you left yet. It bothered me but I tried to understand that they wanted to get people out and clean the room. Today was just horrible. I didn't get the usual phone call around 10:45am but a hard knock on my door around 10:55am, and I said 5 minutes. About every minute or so they would keep knocking on the door and kept saying, are you done yet? , are you done yet? It was very annoying and on our way out, there were 2 women giving us a dirty look and the younger girl followed us to the elevator and told us not to come back. Well she will get her wish, We will never return to this hotel again! It seems like it's owned by a family and they all work there. From the youngest to the oldest.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luis L
Madison, Mississippi
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We arrived at this hotel at 5am THIS morning and they started harassing us to leave at 11am sharp! They gave no considerations as to the time we arrived and did not offer a late check out. As a matter of fact they tried to threaten us into paying extra $$$$ to have a "late checkout". I am an unhappy customer and will be writing this on my blog. Obviously this hotel already has awful reviews, I am just confirming that.

• Stayed February 2014
Brunswick, Georgia, USA
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Dirty sheets trash left from previous guest , moldy shower curtain, moldy wallpaper. This hotel did not provide breakfast as advertised. I could have booked a 3.5 star for a few more bucks. They are supposedly remodeling please wait on this.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Melkaraker
bwlville, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Lawrenceville, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Sorry you had a bad experience with this hotel. As of January 5th, 2014 the hotel went through extreme renovation and cleaning. The hotel has new Management and Ownership. Please give us a try again next time you are in town.