“Don't walk....RUN”

Magnuson Hotel Lawrenceville
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I made a reservation online for this hotel and, since I didn't receive confirmation, decided to call and check on my reservation. FIRST, there was NO ADVERTISED TELEPHONE NUMBER on their website. That should have been the first "red flag". SECOND, I called the hotel for FOUR HOURS on a Sunday afternoon (not off, evening hours); and yes, I said FOUR HOURS, before anyone answered the telephone. When I finally got an answer, the woman on the other end of the phone informed me she did not speak English and I need to call back!!! What respectable hotel does not have front desk service in the middle of a weekend day for hours at a time? Then, to be told to call back? AND NO ENGLISH???? I'm sorry, it's not worth the risk to me to make a long trip and hope there is a room at the other end! THE WORST RUN HOTEL I HAVE EVER BEEN EXPOSED TO....and I travel extensively. This was my first experience as Magnuson as a "brand" and my experience here has all but destroyed my opinion for other hotels in the "family". There are too many other hotels that have far better customer service, for a comparable price. LEAVE THIS ONE ALONE!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Travel4LessUSA
Brij P, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Lawrenceville, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Hello,

I apologize for the trouble. There was an emergency at the hotel, and we were not able to get any front desk staff to work. Therefore we had to have the housekeeper to look after the front desk. That day it was very windy and the phone lines were out. As you can see with other reviews the hotel and the rooms are in good condition and guests have enjoyed their stay here. Please understand what kind of impact this one review can have on our business.

There are newer reviews for Magnuson Hotel Lawrenceville

Reviewed January 12, 2012

This hotel got bad reviews and I don't know when they were from, but our stay January 2012 was just fine. I asked to see the rooms before checking in because of previous reviews but found they had no merit. We had two rooms and no problems. They were clean and very spacious; nice sized bathrooms. The staff was extremely nice.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank softballmom14
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I stayed at this property for two nights while in town for a business conference. The staff was very friendly and the price was affordable. The room was clean and the aminities were adequate. I got exactly what I expected from my stay. I would stay there again if I had to come back to that area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ERNIE G
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Everything in the room was worn/no pillowcases on the pillows....obviously they did not update anything when they changed over. Perhaps it was just us, but we decided it was icky dirty and got a refund. There was a woman in the foyer, presuming she was an employee as the clerk was pouring her a drink of some sort, swearing loudly, another older gent employee just sitting watching the goings-on....

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank peters440
bwlville, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Lawrenceville, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Sorry you had a bad experience with this hotel. As of January 5th, 2014 the hotel went through extreme renovation and cleaning. The hotel has new Management and Ownership. Please give us a try again next time you are in town.

Reviewed November 24, 2010

I had recently moved to Georgia for a job and was staying with family. The days leading up to my move, I decided to stay in a hotel to expedite my moving and commute to work. After researching the options, I settled on Magnuson Hotel. I had never heard of it before, but the price and location were excellent, and I took a chance. The staff was extremely polite, helpful, and quick. They asked me what brought me to Georgia, if there was anything they could do to make my time more enjoyable, and always greeted me with a smile and an offer of any assistance they could provide. I would highly recommend this hotel for the room as well, very clean and spacious. I couldn't have asked for a better experience in a budget hotel, they were above my expectations.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo