“Excellent Staff”

Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Reviewed July 15, 2013

All staff is are super excellent people !!! No doubt about it I have been staying here since 4 years ago at least 10 times per year. Good free food. It is not Peninsula or Waldorf Astoria but for the price, best bargain. Staff is so nice !!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Teamhomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for the review. I will share it with my team!

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Good hotel: silent, nice and clean rooms. If you are there for business and don't need the pool and gym, this is your hotel... The pool and gym are very limited, and not more than a small playground for children. The pool is too small to actually swim in it.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Teamhomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thanks for your review. We do have limited outdoor space. Perhaps the putting green took up some pool space! We are looking forward to some changes that will make it easier and fun to meet and visit at our patio area.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is my first experience at Homewood Suites, and it was very positive.
The property is very clean, and the staff couldn't be nicer. This location even provides a cooked breakfast each day, and a dinner (M-F), with free happy hour. I normally don't eat at hotels, but I did try the food here and it was good.

Anyone who is staying in a hotel more than 1 night would enjoy the physical separation of the bedroom/living-kitchen area, instead of living in one room only. A coffee pot & ground coffee is provided, as well as popcorn in the room. Microwave, dinnerware/silverware and some cookware. The laundry room is conveniently located on the 1st level.

The staff was very attentive, and extremely friendly- at all hours of the day. In particular, Heidi and Brandt were outstanding. We had an issue with the TV and Heidi came up to resolve the issue immediately-Brandt came to the rescue when I had an issue in the laundry room.

I'd highly recommend this property to anyone, particularly business travelers and families.
Also, it is conveniently located to the I85 entrances and local grocery/gas stores.

Room Tip: Some rooms are larger than others and have more physical separation between the sleeping and living...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Wonderful! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of the many amenities Homewood SUites has to offer. Our evening dinner reception is available Monday through Thursday and makes it so easy to continue enjoying the pool!
I will be sure that our staff sees your compliments.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Homewood with our two small children. The staff was fabulous and the rooms were great. What really stood out for me was the dinner reception! Having children, it's the best idea in the world for a family. The two ladies were so nice and sweet and they work so hard. The location is great also because its surrounded by malls and shopping centers.

Kudos to the Homewood Suites team!

• Stayed: July 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The dinner reception can truly be a value when you are traveling especially with the weather lately. It saves you from having to go out in the storms to get dinner!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We recently stayed at a Homewood Suites in Texas...that was our baseline experience which included a large suite, good food, and warm, welcoming atmosphere. We booked our stay in Atlanta based on that previous experience even though they only had a room with one king bed available (we were travelling with a 2 yr old and a seven month old). Our first impression was trying to get into the hotel...this feat required a u-turn after which a driver is greeted with a "do not enter" sign at the first driveway opening. After entering the next driveway, we then were forced to make another u-turn in the tight parking lot to approach the hotel lobby entrance properly. It was raining, and we were then forced to unload our children and all luggage (which is plentiful when travelling with toddlers) in a driving rain storm...this hotel does not have a covered portico for vehicle unloading!! We had driven hard for 9 hours in an effort to arrive in time for the reception and dinner served on week nights at Homewood Suites. Our previous meals in Texas were very good. We were disappointed to find only hotdogs and a cheap iceberg lettuce salad awaiting us. They promptly ran out of hotdogs. The next 2 morning breakfasts were difficult as well...they ran out of eggs, hash browns, bananas and other items. To their credit the staff appeared to be working hard, but they were simply ineffective at maintaining the food for all guests. Let add a few more bullets from our experience:
- TVs were small and aged
- the dvd player was aged and the dvd door would not open to allow us to watch a rental movie
- parking spaces were too small - we parked in the middle of 2 other SUVs - all were parked properly, but we struggled to open the doors wide enough to extract our 2 children
- elevators were very slow which led to long wait times as the hotel was full and we were on the 5th floor

Price was very reasonable at the time of booking and the hotel was clean, but the overall experience did not meet our expectations.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Teamhomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

I regret that we did not meet your expectations on such a busy weekend. We do pride ourselves on our service but can be foiled occasionally when we are overwhelmed by an unexpected number of guests. I believe the weather was also the problem as we had intended to cook hotdogs and hamburgers on the grill that evening but had to stay inside because of the storm! Our salad bar consists of several vegetables as well as two kinds of lettuce but keeping up with the volume due to a nearby convention was difficult.
I was unaware of either of our driveways being blocked but will be sure to check into this issue. I have often had our guests drive under the porticochere when it is raining to load or unload as we understand how distressing it can be to do this in pouring rain.
We are looking forward to several upgrades this year such as larger TVs, new bedding and patio furniture and concepts.
Again I regret that we dissapointed you. Please know that this is not typical for us and your comments will be forwarded to all necessary parties.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The only thing I don't like about this property is that sometimes I can't get in because everybody else loves it too. A Homewood is pretty much a Homewood. The front desk staff and the dining staff makes this one stand out. We are greeted by name and treated like family.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

It is so important to us to see that you are treated so well and remembered by our staff. Guest Service is our top priority and it is wonderful when we achieve our goals!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We met family in the Atlanta area for a quick "family reunion." This hotel was conveniently located to malls and restaurants, so we chose to stay here. We were pleased to find that not only was it a great location, but that it was very nice as well. You just never know what you are going to get! And for the price, you can't beat a full suite (with separate bedroom - not just a half wall). The suite itself was very clean, and that is very important to me. The breakfast was decent (hey, it was free!) and the seating was great. We even used the dining area on our first night there to congregate and eat pizza and the staff was very accommodating. The kids all enjoyed playing in the pool. It wasn't anything fancy, but for kids, it doesn't really matter, right? We would definitely stay here again if we get back to Atlanta.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write about us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax with friends and family in our lodge and pool area. We are very excited about future upgrades to both areas coming soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceville
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Lawrenceville I-85 Sugarloaf
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta NE Gwinnett Sugarloaf
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NE/Gwinnett Sugarloaf
Courtyard Atlanta NE/Duluth Sugarloaf
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lawrenceville
Hampton Inn Lawrenceville
Hampton Inn Lawrenceville
#3 of 11 in Lawrenceville

Been to Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth? Share your experiences!