“Excellent hotel!”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Adelanto, California
“Excellent hotel!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights. The hotel is very clean and nice. They do have a pool and a fitness room but no spa. The breakfast is very good. It changes each day, which is nice if you like variety. The hotel staff is not overly helpful but they are all very pleasant and friendly. They just don't go out of their way to help you with extra things. But I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed September 2012
Teamhomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
We are delighted to see your review of your stay at our Homewood Suites on Trip Advisor. We realize that it takes time out of your day and feel we must have made an impression for you to do so!
I see you noticed the Homewood Suites daily breakfast variety and have shared your compliments with our staff.
It is unfortunate that being a limited service hotel, we do not always have the staff to assist our guests. For our guest's safety and privacy we never leave the front desk unattended so sometimes we have to ask our guests to come to us for extra towels or blankets. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you again for taking the time to review Homewood Suites Lawrenceville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel has a real charm of its own. The morning breakfast gets your day started right with lots of options for fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, waffles or the hot dishes. The dinner presented Monday through Thursday evenings is something to really look forward to. There are lots of things to do close by and the whole area I've seen around the hotel has been very well kept and feels safe. The staff at this hotel really make it all come together, if you stay here I hope you have a nice an experience as I have had.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Teamhomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. Your compliments mean a lot to us. It is nice to know when our guests are not just satisfied but very happy with their stay. It is especially important that you enjoyed meeting our team as we enjoy meeting our guests!
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel is GREAT! The rooms are very clean and spacious. They serve food, beer and wine Monday - Thursday (and did I mention that is it FREE)! The staff is excellent (expecially if you need to take the shuttle)! I was booked to stay for two weeks and had to leave early. I was sad to have to check out!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Teamhomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Hi,
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at our Homewood. It is always a plus when a guest discovers our exceptional value when you include breakfast every day, dinner reception during the week and al the other complimentary perks. Thank you for mentioning us and taking the time to tell travelers about us on Trip Advisor. I look forward to sharing your compliments with our team.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My stay here was absoluely splendid - it was an overnight stay for work related travel, but I could not have been more pleased. The customer service was exceptional. The rooming accomodations were excellent. Clean, logistically well arranged and perfect comfort. I will stay here again when I am traveling to this area.

Room Tip: You will be glad you stayed.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Teamhomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for writing about us on trip advisor.
It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we especially appreciate your comments about our staff. It is so important to us that our guests feel a warm welcome and we do everything we can to feel like a "home away from home" for our guests!
Denver
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during its busy weekends this summer and was registered into different rooms each time. All of the suites were clean and well stocked with paper products and kitchen supplies. At the end of my visit, I noticed that the cloth box spring cover in one of the rooms had a collection dust, hair and and an expired insect on it. This is something I'll check going forward.

Suite sizes are about 350 to 400 square feet for 1 bedroom and 250 to 300 square feet for a studio room. Maintenance was on site and working on various things (replacing light bulbs etc.). The business center is centrally located as is the guest laundry. This allows the staff to monitor the use of these complimentary service items and to keep then in good working order.

There is a complimentary daily breakfast which was actually very good and nicely presented. And the hotel made the extra effort of using real cubs, plates and silverware.

The staff is superior - extremely well trained.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet with very little noise from the halls or outside (pool). The rooms on the north side...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Teamhomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for writing about us on Trip Advisor.
We really appreciate all comments from our guests.
I will loook forward to sharing your compliment with our staff. Service is so important to us so it is nice to hear that you enjoyed our company!
We will be on the look out for the debris on the box spring that you mentioned and will make it a priority to check all suites when we have our housekeeping meeting this week.
We hope you enjoyed your trip.
Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We just stayed at this hotel this past weekend (June 29-July1). When we decided to visit family in area, this was the first place I looked to book our stay. We had stayed here before and I thought the staff were awesome, the public areas very clean, and its proximity to shopping and other activities perfect! The first several times I tried to book a room there was no availability, so I booked a stay at the Homewood Suites in Alpharetta. I kept checking this property though, to see if a room became available and eventually one did. The only problem was that the total for the stay was $114 more than the Homewood in Alpharetta. My husband did not want to spend the extra money to stay here, but I lobbied for it and finally, he gave in. Well it was as I thought, the staff were wonderful, the public areas were spotless, my request for extra towels was fulfilled within minutes, and we were able to go shopping and to the movies right across the street. There was also a room available for us when we got there, so we actually checked in around 1:00 p.m. I would definitely recommend this hotel. I only have as I said, a few minor gripes. We stayed in room 409. There was a slight leak in the refrigerator--so we just made sure to keep our items away from the wet spots. Also, the rubber underneath the door was visibly coming off, so each time we went in and out, we had to make sure that we either pushed/pulled the door closed. Also, after going downstairs to get a new remote and then also having to have hotel personnel come and try to diagnose the problem...it was determined that the sensor on the TV in the bedroom was going bad. After a day in 106 degree temps, we really didn’t want to stand at the TV to change the channel. And finally, on yesterday as we were getting ready to leave, house-keeping knocks on the door and rather than give us an opportunity to answer, she pops the key in and starts to enter the room just as I was getting there. She apologized and then said "you're checking out today, right? About how much longer do you think you'll be?" Well I thought that was totally unprofessional, because you should give guests the opportunity to answer the door (what if we had been asleep) and then, you shouldn't ask your guests how much longer they are going to be. Check-out time is 12:00 noon, and it was 9:40 a.m.!! And then 5 minutes later, another house-keeping staff person showed up with extra towels that were meant for room 411. So in the end, while the stay was nice and the room was great, my husband was not impressed and he did not feel that it was worth the extra $114 that we paid to stay here. I know they are little things (all of which we reported), but they are things he will remember and the next time we go, if there is hotel that is less expensive than this one, he won’t stay here. Brandt, Heidi, and Maurice were all quite helpful to me during our stay. The free wireless was also nice too. And as I said, I would recommend this hotel to other travelers. My experience THIS time just wasn’t as pleasant as it was the first time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us on Trip Advisor.
Your comments are so helpful to us as we strive for perfect stays for every guest!
I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced and am glad that you mentioned
the suite number so I could immediately send our maintenance team to the room to correct those issues.
I also apologize for our housekeeping staff who seemed to be in a hurry that morning. We will work on our policies for the weekend to prevent such disturbances. We do want all of our guests to feel welcome and comfortable and will continue to make that our priority. I do hope that you and your husband will give us the opportunity to prove that your recent experience was not the usual experience here.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed here during a family wedding event. The suite was spacious and clean. Incredibly comfortable. Kitchen was well equipped with service for four, with full sized appliances. Excellent breakfasts included in room price. We were concerned about noise, since there were three wedding parties in the hotel, but sound insulation was excellent and we slept well. Warm and friendly staff........especially Rhonda! Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! We appreciate your comments about your stay with us and are so happy you enjoyed your visit. Pointing out our staff and team members in particular gives me the opportunity to acknowledge and reward them. Maybe you will be able to visit again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceville
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Lawrenceville I-85 Sugarloaf
Hampton Inn Lawrenceville
Hampton Inn Lawrenceville
#3 of 11 in Lawrenceville
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NE/Gwinnett Sugarloaf
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lawrenceville
Residence Inn Atlanta NE/Duluth Sugarloaf
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta NE Gwinnett Sugarloaf

Been to Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth? Share your experiences!