Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed here during a family wedding event. The suite was spacious and clean. Incredibly comfortable. Kitchen was well equipped with service for four, with full sized appliances. Excellent breakfasts included in room price. We were concerned about noise, since there were three wedding parties in the hotel, but sound insulation was excellent and we slept well. Warm and friendly staff........especially Rhonda! Wish we could have stayed longer.

Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! We appreciate your comments about your stay with us and are so happy you enjoyed your visit. Pointing out our staff and team members in particular gives me the opportunity to acknowledge and reward them. Maybe you will be able to visit again soon!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed at this property on a road trip from New Orleans to Virginia. Very clean!!! looked like new. Staff was friendly. All rooms were suites and very nice. The Parking lot is a little jacked up. Only one row of parking around the perimeter...get ready for a long walk if you are checking in late. Breakfast was great and beds were nice. Location makes for a perfect stop to beat the Traffic if your heading north on 85 in the morning...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Teamhomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you for choosing our Homewood Suites and writing about it!
It's great that you found our location to be convenient as we are so close to I85 and just north of Atlanta. Even better that you were able to beat the traffic out!
I hope the rest of the trip went well and you were able to enjoy the beautiful scenery between here and Virginia.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed here for a week during a conference. It was a great stay. For the price of a hotel room, I got a suite with a kitchen. Very roomy and comfortable. There is a nice reception every week night with a nice spread of food tha I took advantage of. There was a great breakfast as well. In fact, I only went out to eat one time all week. One day it was raining so I used the workout area. It had a treadmill that helped me work off some food. The rest of the week I would walk outside. It is a safe area with sidewalks to walk on. No oven, but a hot plate was in the room, plus a microwave and full size fridge/freezer. I did notice noise from the adjoining room. My neighbor would have animated phone conversations in Chinese every evening, so I could hear that.

Room Tip: Avoid adjoining rooms. The doors do not block sound.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Hi, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our Homewood Suites. We are delighted that you were able to recognize and take full advantage of the the Homewood Brand value that includes breakfast each day and an evening reception Monday through Thursday evenings!
It's also great to hear that for the most part you were able to enjoy our weather and nearby walking paths. We will look into placing thicker fire strips under the conncecting doors to help with sound carrying from other suites.
Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed here in a block of rooms reserved for a wedding over Memorial Day weekend, along with other members of the bride and groom's families. Amazingly, the hotel managed to accomodate not one, but three weddings and another party, all in this same weekend. Our experience here was made so enjoyable by the great staff and abundant property amenities.The suites themselves were so well-furnished, clean and comfortable, but this hotel extends well beyond the rooms with free internet access, nice pool and exercise room and hearty breakfast and other meals. We also enjoyed the convenience of the Discover Mills Mall down the street during our weekend stay.

It is very likely that we will stay in Homewood Suites elsewhere when we travel because of this pleasant stay at the Lawrenceville property.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Teamhomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

We are delighted that you were able to discover the value of Homewood Suites with us!
Thank you for taking the time to compliment us on trip advisor. It is nice to know when we have accomplished our goals for cleanliness and service since they are top proirity for us! I know you will continue to enjoy stays at Homewood Suites Hotels!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

A colleague and I stayed in this hotel for one night this month (May 2012). Our room had 2 clean, comfortable queen beds, a complete and separate living area with a full kitchen (less a stove/oven), two TV's, and provided an affordable, comfortable, and relaxing stay. The complimentary breakfast was more like a buffet. I was expecting the typical fare: bagels, juice, cereal, coffee; however, there was a huge selection of items you don't typical find with the "free" breakfast. There were hot, scrambled eggs, grits, home fries/hasbrowns, ham slices, just to name a few things. The hotel itself seemed only a few years old and was clean and decorated nicely (not that I care much about the decorations). The staff were nothing but nice and accomodating. This hotel is located near a mall/outlet center and has plenty of dining options within 1/2 mile. I would highly recommend this hotel, and I will definitely be staying at Homewood Suites in other locations in the future. I can't say I am surprised about the quality of this hotel, as it is part of the Hilton family. Normally, I stay at Hampton Inn when I can, but Homewood will definitely be in part of my search from now on.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Teamhomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Yay! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and grateful that you decided to share that experience on trip advisor.
The Homewood Suites brand does provide great value and you will be able to find their locations on line.
I look forward to sharing your comments with our staff!

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Never encountered a rude/indifferent staff member in the 3 days we stayed. We were here for a wedding and I think groups such as ours can be difficult to accommodate (loud, take over the lobby/pool areas, etc). The staff here, including the staff who work the wonderful breakfasts, went above and beyond to be welcoming. We found the rooms to be well laid out, quiet, and comfortable. Incredible that they had full size refrigerators in every room! Hotel location was convenient to all that we wanted to do in the area. If you stay here for a conference and don't have a rental car, they provide a light supper during the week in their lounge.We were able to get Chinese food and pizza delivered but I don't recall there being many restaurant choices within walking distance.

2  Thank Likestogoaway
Teamhomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

It means a lot to us that you would take the time to write about us on Trip Advisor.
It is important to us that every guest experiences excellent service and your comments show that we achieved that for you. It is a privledge to have been a part of a great weekend for you and your family.
If you ever have the occassion to come back and would like to try some local restaurants we do have a shuttle that will take you with in five miles of the hotel. That includes many restaurants and the Discovery Mills Mall and Midieval Times across the street!

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Very friendly staff - a trio of lovely young ladies on reception at one point.
Spotlessly clean - I thought the hotel was newer than it was - I was surprised to see the 2007 date inside the microwave door.

I forgot to pay attention to some of the other reviews and advice here and was assigned an adjoining room. On my first evening, I was treated to a speakerphone conversation of the girl in the next room where it sounded like she was talking to her phone across the room - her voice (and the phone speaker) were loud and clear in my room, thankfully it wasn't too long, but it really made it obvious that the adjoining rooms aren't very private as far as soundproofing goes.

Also, and more trivial, the facade and ceiling on the fifth floor at least, seemed to creak and shift an awful lot.

I didn't think that these things were important enough to complain about, or remove a rating point over and I would certainly stay here again when I'm back in the area.

I don't know if it's all homewoods, but I also like the shift to bath & bodywords products, away from that awful, generic smelling Nivea gunk that seems to give me 'Barry Gibbing' of the hair when I use it, though the soap remains.

Room Tip: Avoid adjoining rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for posting about us on Trip Advisor.
We love to hear from our guests and all comments are helpful. I hate that you were disturbed by the telephone conversation next door. We will try to install a thicker fire strip at the bottom of the connecting door to see if that will help.
The move to bath and Body products is not permanent but with feedback from our guests maybe Homewood will consider a change. Current feeback is about 50/50!
We are very proud of our team and I look forward to sharing your comments with everyone.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceville
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Lawrenceville I-85 Sugarloaf
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta NE Gwinnett Sugarloaf
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NE/Gwinnett Sugarloaf
Courtyard Atlanta NE/Duluth Sugarloaf
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lawrenceville
Residence Inn Atlanta NE/Duluth Sugarloaf

Been to Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth? Share your experiences!