“Staff and rooms are great”

Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Never encountered a rude/indifferent staff member in the 3 days we stayed. We were here for a wedding and I think groups such as ours can be difficult to accommodate (loud, take over the lobby/pool areas, etc). The staff here, including the staff who work the wonderful breakfasts, went above and beyond to be welcoming. We found the rooms to be well laid out, quiet, and comfortable. Incredible that they had full size refrigerators in every room! Hotel location was convenient to all that we wanted to do in the area. If you stay here for a conference and don't have a rental car, they provide a light supper during the week in their lounge.We were able to get Chinese food and pizza delivered but I don't recall there being many restaurant choices within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Likestogoaway
Teamhomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

It means a lot to us that you would take the time to write about us on Trip Advisor.
It is important to us that every guest experiences excellent service and your comments show that we achieved that for you. It is a privledge to have been a part of a great weekend for you and your family.
If you ever have the occassion to come back and would like to try some local restaurants we do have a shuttle that will take you with in five miles of the hotel. That includes many restaurants and the Discovery Mills Mall and Midieval Times across the street!

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Very friendly staff - a trio of lovely young ladies on reception at one point.
Spotlessly clean - I thought the hotel was newer than it was - I was surprised to see the 2007 date inside the microwave door.

I forgot to pay attention to some of the other reviews and advice here and was assigned an adjoining room. On my first evening, I was treated to a speakerphone conversation of the girl in the next room where it sounded like she was talking to her phone across the room - her voice (and the phone speaker) were loud and clear in my room, thankfully it wasn't too long, but it really made it obvious that the adjoining rooms aren't very private as far as soundproofing goes.

Also, and more trivial, the facade and ceiling on the fifth floor at least, seemed to creak and shift an awful lot.

I didn't think that these things were important enough to complain about, or remove a rating point over and I would certainly stay here again when I'm back in the area.

I don't know if it's all homewoods, but I also like the shift to bath & bodywords products, away from that awful, generic smelling Nivea gunk that seems to give me 'Barry Gibbing' of the hair when I use it, though the soap remains.

Room Tip: Avoid adjoining rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for posting about us on Trip Advisor.
We love to hear from our guests and all comments are helpful. I hate that you were disturbed by the telephone conversation next door. We will try to install a thicker fire strip at the bottom of the connecting door to see if that will help.
The move to bath and Body products is not permanent but with feedback from our guests maybe Homewood will consider a change. Current feeback is about 50/50!
We are very proud of our team and I look forward to sharing your comments with everyone.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here while visiting family and will do so again. The location and value were great. We booked a one-bedroom suite and it was perfect for a family of 3 (or even 4). The king bed was wonderful and my son loved his sofa bed. Bedtime was very easy and my spouse and I really appreciated being able to relax and watch a little TV in the privacy our room after our son went to bed. The quiet room, large bathroom and full sized kitchen were all clean. The free (hot) breakfast was terrific and you should try the free (hot) 'snack" - it is easily a dinner and both make a stay here a great value. Add a warm, gracious staff and you can't go wrong with a stay here.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with your family, book the one bedroom king.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Meander01
Teamhomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Thank you so much for posting about our Homewood Suites on Trip Advisor.
We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your visit. It is gratifying to know that you were able to take advantage of the great food and beverage value that we offer. I am especially happy to hear your compliments to the staff here. Cleanliness and service are our number one goals and we really try to give our team all of the tools they need to provide it. I look forward to posting your comments on our "brag" board!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We were in town to attend my sister-n-law's wedding. It was a 7 hour ride and our first time staying in Ga. The staff was able to let us check in a couple of hours earlier than check-in time. Staff was very friendly. The rooms were really nice. The bed was soft and the pillows were even comfortable. Room were really clean, which is most important, when I'm staying in a hotel.. I think the majority of their guests were attending the wedding and everyone had a great time. They even offer shuttel ride to the Carlhouse, which is where the wedding was held. The hotel is in a really great location.... close to the interstate. I can't think of one negative thing to say about this hotel. The hotel had a really great breakfast selection .We were there 4/7/12 - 4/9/12...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tabithatornado
Teamhomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Wow, what a fabulous review! I can't wait to share it with our team. It truly means a lot to us that you would take the time to post about us on trip advisor and that you had a great experience here.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this property before, but unfortunately this time we didn't have such a great experience. I noticed when checking in, there were signs about transportation for 2 different wedding parties so I'm guessing out-of-town wedding guests stayed at this hotel last night.
We were in a studio room and loved the large bathroom with full shower versus the typical bath/shower combo. All was well except for a little problem with the tv remote not working because of bad batteries so it had to be exchanged.
Then just prior to midnight, it sounded like a party had congregated in the hallway outside our door. It went on for 20 minutes or so and just when we were ready to call down to the front desk, my husband decided to open our door and see if he could get the people to leave the hallway. Unfortunately, at that point, there weren't any people in the hallway, but they were in the adjoining room next door. The walls must be paper thin because the noise is not buffered at all by the walls. So my husband stuffed our pillows in the crack at the bottom of the door and that helped. It was difficult to get back to sleep after that so neither of us got more than an hour or so of sleep so we will make sure we don't stay in that room ever again.

Room Tip: Unless you need a room that has an adjoining room, avoid them. Also, try to find out from the hotel...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Teamhomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. Feed back from our guests is so helpful.
I am sorry that you had the experience with noisy neighbors here. We do have security on the weekends. He walks the parking lot and the hallways and can respond immediately to noise complaints and will make sure the issue is resolved before moving on. Please never hesitate to call the front desk if you need to. There is someone there twenty four hours a day.
I am happy that you liked our Studio Suite. It is very roomy!

Reviewed March 9, 2012

Stayed at this hotel because the hotel I usually use in the area was unavailable. After staying at Homewood, it has now become "my" hotel for when I visit family in the area. I was a little concerned when assigned a room on the ground floor, fearing parking lot noise, etc., but was pleasantly surprised at the excellent soundproofing and heard very little noise. The room/suite is very well outfitted and the kitchenette would make it perfect for a longer stay. The complimentary breakfast was so-so, but there were lots of guests with many children breakfasting at the same time as I and I imagine the staff was hard pressed to keep up with the demand. Staff was very nice and pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ukcat62
Teamhomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the time you took to rate us on TripAdvisor. Our complimentary "Suite Start Breakfast" can be hectic especially on the weekends! Thank you for your patience. I will be sure to share your comments with our team!

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Clean, clean, clean and quiet. This apartment type suite is perfect for business travel. Bed...soooo comfy and cozy! Living area and kitchenette separate from the bedroom and bath. Two TV's, full size fridge with ice maker, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, dishes, electric pot/skillet. Breakfast in the morning and cocktails in the evening. I wish I would have had more time to just hang out at the hotel and even in my room. Complaints, my work laptop caught a virus through the wireless system at this hotel; the front desk personnel are not very friendly nor are they very helpful. I stood at check in and waited while the clerk ignored me and finished up whatever he was doing before even acknowledging my presence. Ignore the help and you'll be fine! If you can get past these things you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gecko29

Thank you for taking the time to review Homewood Suites Lawrenceville.
I was happy to see that you liked the suite and the amenities that you described.
I am very concerned about the service you recieved. We pride ourselves on our guest service which is our first priority. If you have time I would like to get more information concerning your arrival and the laptop problem. Please email me at mary.humphries@hilton.com or call the hotel if it is convenient for you.
Thank you again for your valuable input!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceville
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Lawrenceville I-85 Sugarloaf
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta NE Gwinnett Sugarloaf
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NE/Gwinnett Sugarloaf
Courtyard Atlanta NE/Duluth Sugarloaf
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lawrenceville
Hampton Inn Lawrenceville
Hampton Inn Lawrenceville
#3 of 11 in Lawrenceville

Been to Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth? Share your experiences!