“my guilty pleasure”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Whimsical Sweets Bake Shop
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I found this place on accident. A coworker of mine brought in white chocolate ganache cupcakes for us one day and I was in love! We have tried a different flavor every time....peanut butter, pink lemonade, chocolate chip cookie, smores, wedding cake, coffee cake, baileys irish cream...etc.
We love the cream cheese cupcakes that she makes! I never cared for red velvet cake until I had one here. Absolutely...hands down...the best! So moist, and a huge size. On my way home from the gym this morning I drove past and was tempted! Fantastic bakery...you must check this place out!

2  Thank JessH43

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Cute place! I have been at other cupcake places, and wasn't impressed with their cupcakes. We got several flavors to test. Lemon drop, princess, chocolate, cinnanion bun flavor, and red velvet.
1st they are the size of a large muffins! So you'll be full by half of the cupcake
Leon drop verdict too zesty and the icing wasn't good sorry
Princess icing tasted like medicine and the texture of the cake was crumbling all over
Chocolate like my husband said the icing tasted like sewer water wow! well i tasted it and it was terrible the cake itself was alright I liked the texture of this it was more like a moist poundcake, the chocolate flavor itself was very strong way to rich but it was still good
Cinnanion was good but very very crumbly fell apart all over at first bite.
Red velvet this one was actually really good I enjoyed it. the icing was not good just take the icing out and the cake itself is very yummy.
Verdict and ok place Gimmi some sugar in Suwanee is way better, all the flavors I have tasted at that place were amazing and the cupcakes didn't fall apart.

1  Thank Fiorella M
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

This is an adorable little shop with delicious cupcakes. The owner is such a kind lady every time we go. This is a favorite treat for my little girl- but adults will enjoy it too!

1  Thank Amy D
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

For the best red velvet cupcakes EVER!!!!! When you're in the area, you MUST make a detour and treat yourself to FABULOUS cupcakes and a truly sweet down to earth owner!

1  Thank MrsDwatkins
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I have tried many cupcakes in my travels, but by far the best is in my hometown....on Grayson Highway (also called Hwy 20) in Lawrenceville, Ga. In a small strip shopping center, Whimsical Sweets, is tucked in besides a Pizza Place and a Dollar Store. The owner, Charlene, makes everything daily, even the icing, and it shows. Besides Red Velvet Cupcake (#1 seller), there are different flavors every day. And she takes suggestions from customers as I gave her my list of desires! As she baked wedding cakes for several years, now she concentrates on cupcakes for weddings! What an idea! Always a smile and warm greeting when entering the store, no matter how busy she is. She is closed on Sunday and Monday, but check out her shop. I am glad I did!

1  Thank katork