“Great Spot for a Date Night”
Review of FootPrints Cafe - CLOSED

FootPrints Cafe
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: 678 226 9191
Buford, Georgia
“Great Spot for a Date Night”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and I, along with another couple visited this restaurant on a double date. Our server, Brittany, was great. She gave a great description of every meal that we inquired about.

We sat in the dining room for dinner but there was a bar and lounge in the back with a live deejay. The building is well constructed, we didn't hear any of the deejays music during our dinner in the dining room.

I would suggest that if you plan to visit the bar and lounge to either get back there early or have dinner back there. The crowds started rolling in about 10:30 and there weren't very many places to sit.

Dishes Ordered:

Calamari-it was good, the dipping sauce made the dish
Cod Fish Cakes-Excellent

Oxtails-My husband really enjoyed them
Rasta Pasta w/jerk shrimp-It was good, nothing to write home about but it's good. I was playing it safe.

Drinks:
Moscato-Actually better than most house Moscatos
Carribbean Martini-Will definitely get you there quick, a nice blend of juice and alcohol
The Bob Marley-really strong
Rum Punch-Same as the Carribbean Martini

Dessert:
Bailey's Cheesecake-Excellent
Red Velvet Cake-DON'T DO IT! It was the worst Red Velvet Cake that I've ever had. It was more pink than red.

• Visited June 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Sneaky”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I tried to use a coupon for take out, when I got my food they said coupon is for eat in only. I told them it doesn't say that on the coupon and I was told to read the small print that says its at there discretion when it can be used. I find that very misleading because I'm very sure that if I tried to eat in they would say its only good for take out. Ironically every other coupon I've ever seen clearly lists the restrictions up front. Food was only ok and overpriced.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Classy spot with delicious food”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Been here numerous times. Being from Brooklyn, I've also visited the 2 original locations. Food is slightly different than back home, but nonetheless the best Jamaican food in the Atlanta area. One slight complaint about the roti, not quite up to par, but then again that is Trini territory ;). Great food, decor, drinks, and lounge.

• Visited March 2012
Buford, Georgia
“Best Jamaican Food Around”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We had heard about Footprints from a friend. Checked it out today. My wife is from Jamaica...so she knows good Jamaican food. The restaurant is clean and has a great atmosphere. I ordered the curry chicken roti, and my wife had the curry goat plate. Both were amazing. We have been to quite a few Jamaican restaurants in the Atlanta area, and many are very good, but Footprints is the BEST. We will be back!

• Visited February 2012