“Great....as always”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Hampstead, Maryland
“Great....as always”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We have stayed here many times and our experiences have been consistently pleasant. The property is meticulously clean and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. Rooms are above average with confortable beds, refrigerators, microwaves and in-room coffee makers. The breakfast room offered much more than your typical free continental breakfast with the addition of fresh made waffles, eggs, breakfast meats and potatoes and fresh fruit. The dining room itself was large, clean and supplied real china and silverware, not plastic. The location of the property makes it safe and quiet. There are many eating establishments of varying types and ethnicity within a short drive. Internet access, pool and excercise room are just more plusses in an already excellent value. We would not even consider staying anywhere else while in the Lawrenceville area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JMR716
, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lawrenceville, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
We are very glad to hear that you had a great stay. I hope to see you when your plan brings you back in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Our stay here was wonderful, almost beyond words. The staff was friendly, professional, courteous, helpful. Our room was very very clean, well appointed, spacious. The bed was unbelievable--we slept very well during our visit. We were pleased with the variety of selections at breakfast and the quality of the food served. This motel was far above our expectations and a GREAT value for the price. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
It was our pleasure! Thank you so much for your time. We look forward to seeing you again.
Dan
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed July 6, 2012

There are many good things about this hotel: My room and the public spaces were all very clean and attractive. The net connection was good (which is my #1 priority in a hotel.) The bed was comfortable, and the hotel was quiet. The location was in some ways convenient, though I was disappointed after having read reviews here about restaurants close by to discover that there were no restaurants in easy walking distance -- like next door or across the street. I dislike having to get in my car and drive to find a place to eat after I've driven all day. That being said, I will add that I was happy to buy some food at a nearby Publix and make use of the room's refrigerator to store it until I was ready to eat dinner. There was also a microwave in the room. The one thing that would make me choose not to stay in this hotel again and not recommend it to friends unless I knew they had no sense of smell: The room had a strong, horrible perfume odor. I guess it was some kind of so-called "air-freshener" though I can't imagine that anybody would find the smell "fresh." It was so bad that my nose never fully adjusted to it. Even in the middle of the night, I almost gagged at the atrocious smell. Why they are ruining a perfectly good room with the atrocious odor I don't know. This was room 304, by the way. It was a non-smoking room, so this isn't about the smell of smoke. (Even though I'm a non-smoker, I'd much rather smell cigarettes than this nauseating smell.) Maybe not all the rooms stink.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank NM43
, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lawrenceville, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to write the review. I am happy to hear that overall you had a great stay. I am very sorry for the smell. We did look in to this room , and discover that it was a scented candle smell the previous guest lit.
We will love to see you again, so please do not hesitate to contact me when your plan brings you in the area.
Management
Roswell, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as part of the Orange Conference. I was not very impressed. The breakfast was good, but not great, the room was clean but very small, the breakfast room is very small, and many people had to eat in the lobby. The people were friendly and kind, but the pool was not operational and there is no hot tub. Parking at this hotel was very cramped. The best part about the hotel was the cookies at the main desk, they were good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Alan G
danvpatel, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lawrenceville, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear Alan,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to right the review. I am glad that you have found our hotel very clean, and friendly. We have a great team of staff who always make sure this is done in a consistence bases. But, I'm sorry to read about your concern on a size of guest room, and breakfast room. I know during the Orange conference we had a full house, so definitely understand about the room being full. I am very sorry about your inconvenience, and hope there is something I could do to assist you. I hope you'll consider us again and if you do, please contact me directly. I would also be happy to see if we can get you in a suite with a little more room when you arrive next year for the Orange conference.

Again, thank you for your review, and i hope that you'll contact me directly to discuss in more detail. Take care!
New York City
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Just a quick trip & an overnight stay to see family and friends. I get to the area at least once per yr. This is my 2nd stay at this particular Country Inn. Staff is friendly, food is just enough to get you started for the day. If you have business in Loganville/Snellville area this is a good choice. Restaurants, malls nearby. I will look for this chain in other cities when I travel again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your stay with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any special request.

Regards,
Dix HIlls, New York
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I stayed at the Country Inn with husband and child for 5 nights in April. It's located on a main road..so easy access to highway to Atlanta(35-40 minutes away, depending on traffic (try to drive to Atlanta off hours unless you can use HOV lanes)) and strip malls. Staff was very pleasant and friendly. We had a suite. The room was quiet, the king bed was very comfortable. I called for a foam pillow and was so excited to see it was a real foam pillow. I have been to other well-known hotel chains and even when you ask for a foam pillow, they bring you a down one. The lobby and breakfast room were attractive. The hotel room desperately needs updating and maintenance. The room wallpaper was peeling in places, the desk chair was ripped, the bathroom grout needed a good cleaning. The pull-out sofa was in bad shape and uncomfortable. I never made it down to breakfast but it did not get good reviews from my husband or child. Luckily, IHOP is nearby as well as Einstein Bros. Bagels. There's a lot of shopping right near the hotel (Target, Hobby Lobby, movie theater, restaurants).
We brought in one night from O'Charley's and that was quite good.
They have a small gym that we did not use and an outdoor pool that wasn't open when we were there.
If you don't want to pay Atlanta hotel prices and don't mind being off the beaten path, then this hotel suffices.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your review, and will do take your notes in to considerations. I will be available at the hotel phone for direct contact if needed.

Thank you!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Would definitely stay here again. Rooms were comfortable and quiet. The beds were fantastic and I wish I could've brought the pillows home with me! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The cookies were tasty and a nice touch. Breakfast was what you'd expect and great for saving money on that meal. It's close to many restaurants and a big shopping mall. We really enjoy this chain of hotels! Thanks for another great stay!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business