“Great Staff, Good Location, Eh room”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lawrenceville
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I stayed at the Country Inn with husband and child for 5 nights in April. It's located on a main road..so easy access to highway to Atlanta(35-40 minutes away, depending on traffic (try to drive to Atlanta off hours unless you can use HOV lanes)) and strip malls. Staff was very pleasant and friendly. We had a suite. The room was quiet, the king bed was very comfortable. I called for a foam pillow and was so excited to see it was a real foam pillow. I have been to other well-known hotel chains and even when you ask for a foam pillow, they bring you a down one. The lobby and breakfast room were attractive. The hotel room desperately needs updating and maintenance. The room wallpaper was peeling in places, the desk chair was ripped, the bathroom grout needed a good cleaning. The pull-out sofa was in bad shape and uncomfortable. I never made it down to breakfast but it did not get good reviews from my husband or child. Luckily, IHOP is nearby as well as Einstein Bros. Bagels. There's a lot of shopping right near the hotel (Target, Hobby Lobby, movie theater, restaurants).
We brought in one night from O'Charley's and that was quite good.
They have a small gym that we did not use and an outdoor pool that wasn't open when we were there.
If you don't want to pay Atlanta hotel prices and don't mind being off the beaten path, then this hotel suffices.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
danvpatel, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lawrenceville, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

We appreciate your review, and will do take your notes in to considerations. I will be available at the hotel phone for direct contact if needed.

Thank you!

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Would definitely stay here again. Rooms were comfortable and quiet. The beds were fantastic and I wish I could've brought the pillows home with me! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The cookies were tasty and a nice touch. Breakfast was what you'd expect and great for saving money on that meal. It's close to many restaurants and a big shopping mall. We really enjoy this chain of hotels! Thanks for another great stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I arrived expecting to spend a quick overnight but work kept me there two days. The staff upgraded me to a suite for a small extra charge. The suite was a little dated with respect to decor, but it was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The room had free wireless internet. The internet connection was fast and reliable. Everything else in the room was functional and working properly.

Perhaps the most memorable feature was the kindness and helpfulness of the staff. I dealt with three different staff members, each of whom went out of his or her way to help me -- helping me find a notary, loaning me an umbrella, giving me recommendations for shopping and dining. They were extraordinarily nice and helpful.

There are a lot of dining options and shopping basics within walking distance of the Inn.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BLCutler
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have nothing but great things to say about my 5 day-5 night stay. From the moment I arrived, to the moment I left, all of my needs were met by the friendly, professional staff. My room was clean, well-maintained and most importantly, the bed mattress and temperature were extremely comfortable. The breakfast provided daily was excellent, and the breakfast room was clean and pleasant. They had a cart and elevator so I did not injure or strain myself. There was plenty of free parking. It was located centrally which was helpful. I just loved it.

Room Tip: No specifics. I was on the third floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank weezie1971
Reviewed March 20, 2012

The hotel was very clean and inviting as was my room! There were nice amenities like a mini fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer and my favorite - comfy bed linens, not the old polyester stuff! But what made the stay was the staff. They were very friendly and accommodating - even when I forgot my toothbrush and lost my key! They were very kind and put my other family members who were staying there in rooms beside and across from each other. We enjoyed the perfect assortment of hot and cold breakfast items in the morning in a nice setting that gave us time to eat together and catch up a little. I would definitely recommend. Nice experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Laura f
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I stay at this hotel every quarter when I am visiting in Lawrenceville. The staff is wonderful and very responsive to whatever needs that you may have. It is conveniently located to eating establishments and shopping. Most importantly, it is a safe place to stay. This is the only hotel in which I will stay when in Lawrenceville.

Room Tip: Any of their rooms are spacious, well lit and comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RhondaN26
danvpatel, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lawrenceville, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

We like to Thank you for your stay with us. It will be our pleasure to serve you when your trip brings you in Lawrenceville, Ga

" I love this Country"

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Over the past few years, I have traveled into Lawrenceville, GA, on business on average about once each month. I stay at the Country Inn & Suites. All the staff at this hotel have made me feel like family. Dan Patel and his folks make this not so much a hotel stay as a "visit with friends". The folks at the front desk - Doug and Fran - always greet me with a kind "welcome back" and get me checked in quickly and efficiently. They have always seen to it that I had everything I need for a comfortable stay. The housekeeping staff including Maricela keep the rooms in excellent shape. What a great place to stay!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Joe H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceville
Hampton Inn Lawrenceville
#5 of 11 in Lawrenceville
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Lawrenceville I-85 Sugarloaf
Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buford at Mall of Georgia

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lawrenceville? Share your experiences!