“Nice big clean rooms and great breakfast”

Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceville
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Reviewed April 19, 2014

My 3 Grandkids and I stayed here for 3 nights in 1 room and my son and a co-worker in another room while my son was selling at the Repticon Reptile show at the fairgrounds nearby. It is a really nice hotel. I picked it for the good reviews, and the nice big rooms. The cost was good for what you got. The breakfast are also very good and offer lots of hot and cold variety. The only problem I had was those darn key cards that don't work part of the time. The bathtub dripped one night, but I reported it the next day and they fixed it before we got back. The staff was very friendly and professional. The hotel is in a good and safe location and lots of restaurants and things to do nearby.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank GetAwayGma
Chirag P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceville, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear GetAwayGma,

Thank you for your excellent review! We enjoyed having you here and look forward to a future stay with us!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

The best hotel in Lawrenceville, Georgia. Will definitely stay there again. The employees were always smiling and greeting me, they made sure I was a happy guest. My family and I had a wonderful time in Lawrenceville especially since we choose a perfect hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank kcastro0831
Chirag P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceville, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear kcastro0831,
Thank you for your kind words. We take pride in excellent customer service here at HIE. We would love to have you and your family stay with us again.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed here for three nights while visiting Atlanta. I thought it was a great deal for the price. The rooms were spacious and well-appointed. The breakfast was good, with your standard eggs/toast/breakfast meats, a pancake maker, fruit and a variety of hot and cold cereals. The staff was very nice, the beds were comfortable, and the rooms were clean.

There were two things I would point out, however:

1. The heat in the fourth floor hallway didn't work (or they turned it really low). This wasn't really an issue except for when I'd wake up and head downstairs for breakfast in my pjs. For those brief moments, it was uncomfortably cold, but not freezing.

2. The area surrounding the hotel is basically dead. This isn't a complaint about the hotel, but just something to keep in mind. You'll need to drive if you want anything.

All in all, I thought the hotel was great and I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Furqan M

Dear Furqan M,

Thank you for your in depth review! We apologize for the low heat on your floor, but we hope you enjoyed the rest of the stay. We enjoyed having you and hope we can become your "go-to" hotel anytime you are in Lawrenceville, GA!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

If you plan to use the fold out couch as a bed, check it as soon as you arrive and before unpacking your luggage. The one in Room 214 was broken and we had to change rooms late at night after our kids were dressed for bed. The new room they gave us was on the 4th floor and the heat was not working in the hallway on that floor.
The on-duty attendant was very nice throughout this whole ordeal and offered to help us move all of our things to the new room.
However, it would have been easier on our family if the manager he had to call would have allowed just my son and I to move to another room and my wife and daughters to stay in the original room. We would not have had to repack everything at our kids bedtime. He said the manager would require us to pay for 2 rooms if we did this. Either way, the staff had to clean 2 rooms, so his expenses would have been the same.

Room Tip: If you plan to use the fold out couch as a bed, check it as soon as you arrive.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank My_Family_5_2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceville, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear My_Family_5_2014,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I reserved a room at this hotel based on positive reviews. Big mistake! The night we arrived, it was raining, downtown Lawrenceville is all one-way streets, and we were pulling a 20' trailer. I called for directions and the manager said use the GPS on your phone and hung up. I called back and said I don't have GPS. His then said to stop and ask someone - I told him I was asking him!! He was unable to give directions to his hotel and we were only 1 mile away. We finally arrived and when I was checking in, he told another customer on the phone to use GPS because he was busy and hung up. He then "said" he was giving me the AAA discount, but did not. Charged me $20 incidental fee without telling me. I was quoted a total price of $88, recieved bill under door of $98 and debited $109. The only reason I gave this 2 stars was because the room was large and nicely furnished with a comfortable bed. Also upon checking out, a couple waiting said that they had ants all over their room. When I mentioned the additional charges, the lady checked her banking account and discovered the same thing - she was not happy either!! Avoid this place!! Country Inn and Suites right down the road was SO MUCH NICER!

Room Tip: Go to Country Inn and Suites right down the road.
Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank C D
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We highly recommend this hotel. It is near the highway and only 20 minutes to downtown Atlanta. We really enjoyed our stay over the weekend. We also got a great rate.The service was phenomenal and the staff was very attentive, the room was huge and the bed was really comfortable,clean and smelled great. The location is near plenty of restaurants to enjoy in walking distance. The only downside was the view outside the hotel but we will be back to soon.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SharkyandAlphie
Chirag P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceville, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear SharkyandAlphie,

We're so glad you had a fabulous time here at HIE Lawrenceville, Ga!!! Our family of employees here thrive on giving the best guest experience possible! We look forward to your future stay with us!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed one night because we were attending an Atlanta Braves game and had plans in the outskirts of Atlanta the next day. We got the room through Hotwire.

Pros
-room was fairly up to date and reasonably decorated, and included a refrigerator and microwave
-breakfast was acceptable
-they accommodated our request for some extra time in checking out, extending us an hour (which we didn't fully need but appreciated.)
-appreciated being put on top floor.
-although they said they were doing window caulking, we were never disturbed by it (although we were really only there for a few hours.)

Cons
-we didn't really know the area when booking and it's not necessarily an area of town we would stay in again
-window covering was only sheer curtains. The heavier drapes do not pull closed. Would have preferred to be able to fully close the drapes
-pool already covered and closed, although I'm not sure we would have used it, the weather seemed to be that the pool could have remained open

Room Tip: Request a higher floor if you feel uncomfortable with the area of town. Fourth floor was also quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Fountainb

Dear Fountainb,

Its always great to get away from the hustle and bustle of a major city traffic such as Atlanta, Ga. We're glad you enjoyed the Braves game and even happier that you had such an excellent stay at HIE Lawrenceville with us! We look forward to your future stay and make sure its just as good or better!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lawrenceville
Comfort Suites Lawrenceville
Comfort Suites Lawrenceville
#5 of 11 in Lawrenceville
Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawrenceville
Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawr...
#10 of 11 in Lawrenceville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Duluth

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceville? Share your experiences!