“Family stay”

Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceville
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Reviewed February 4, 2014

If you plan to use the fold out couch as a bed, check it as soon as you arrive and before unpacking your luggage. The one in Room 214 was broken and we had to change rooms late at night after our kids were dressed for bed. The new room they gave us was on the 4th floor and the heat was not working in the hallway on that floor.
The on-duty attendant was very nice throughout this whole ordeal and offered to help us move all of our things to the new room.
However, it would have been easier on our family if the manager he had to call would have allowed just my son and I to move to another room and my wife and daughters to stay in the original room. We would not have had to repack everything at our kids bedtime. He said the manager would require us to pay for 2 rooms if we did this. Either way, the staff had to clean 2 rooms, so his expenses would have been the same.

Room Tip: If you plan to use the fold out couch as a bed, check it as soon as you arrive.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank My_Family_5_2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceville, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear My_Family_5_2014,

Ben J

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I reserved a room at this hotel based on positive reviews. Big mistake! The night we arrived, it was raining, downtown Lawrenceville is all one-way streets, and we were pulling a 20' trailer. I called for directions and the manager said use the GPS on your phone and hung up. I called back and said I don't have GPS. His then said to stop and ask someone - I told him I was asking him!! He was unable to give directions to his hotel and we were only 1 mile away. We finally arrived and when I was checking in, he told another customer on the phone to use GPS because he was busy and hung up. He then "said" he was giving me the AAA discount, but did not. Charged me $20 incidental fee without telling me. I was quoted a total price of $88, recieved bill under door of $98 and debited $109. The only reason I gave this 2 stars was because the room was large and nicely furnished with a comfortable bed. Also upon checking out, a couple waiting said that they had ants all over their room. When I mentioned the additional charges, the lady checked her banking account and discovered the same thing - she was not happy either!! Avoid this place!! Country Inn and Suites right down the road was SO MUCH NICER!

Room Tip: Go to Country Inn and Suites right down the road.
Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank C D
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We highly recommend this hotel. It is near the highway and only 20 minutes to downtown Atlanta. We really enjoyed our stay over the weekend. We also got a great rate.The service was phenomenal and the staff was very attentive, the room was huge and the bed was really comfortable,clean and smelled great. The location is near plenty of restaurants to enjoy in walking distance. The only downside was the view outside the hotel but we will be back to soon.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SharkyandAlphie
Chirag P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceville, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear SharkyandAlphie,

We're so glad you had a fabulous time here at HIE Lawrenceville, Ga!!! Our family of employees here thrive on giving the best guest experience possible! We look forward to your future stay with us!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed one night because we were attending an Atlanta Braves game and had plans in the outskirts of Atlanta the next day. We got the room through Hotwire.

Pros
-room was fairly up to date and reasonably decorated, and included a refrigerator and microwave
-breakfast was acceptable
-they accommodated our request for some extra time in checking out, extending us an hour (which we didn't fully need but appreciated.)
-appreciated being put on top floor.
-although they said they were doing window caulking, we were never disturbed by it (although we were really only there for a few hours.)

Cons
-we didn't really know the area when booking and it's not necessarily an area of town we would stay in again
-window covering was only sheer curtains. The heavier drapes do not pull closed. Would have preferred to be able to fully close the drapes
-pool already covered and closed, although I'm not sure we would have used it, the weather seemed to be that the pool could have remained open

Room Tip: Request a higher floor if you feel uncomfortable with the area of town. Fourth floor was also quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Fountainb

Dear Fountainb,

Its always great to get away from the hustle and bustle of a major city traffic such as Atlanta, Ga. We're glad you enjoyed the Braves game and even happier that you had such an excellent stay at HIE Lawrenceville with us! We look forward to your future stay and make sure its just as good or better!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Having stayed in H I properties many times I was expecting much more. A/C was not adjustable,T V had very poor reception, hot water would not flow in sink, first room had been smoked in "a non smoking property" the replacement was good, also smoke smell in elevator.
Worn, dated furnishings I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Dan6801
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceville, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Dan6801,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. I am sorry to hear that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the room accommodation. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

We value you as an IHG Rewards Club member and hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Lera P

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel itself was fine. I cannot say the same thing for the staff. I booked several rooms at this hotel for my July 2013 family reunion. I had to call at least 4 times to get someone who even heard of the upcoming event, block of rooms, and the proper rate that was promised by the hotel when the reunion coordinator placed a hold on the block of rooms. (Note: Several relatives reported the same frustration with reservations) Dealing with the various employees on the phone was as painful and frustrating as dealing with the front desk upon arrival. However, my rooms did get reserved (or so I thought when I was given the confirmation numbers!!). I finally had reservations for Friday night at a slightly higher rate (as Friday wasn't included in the blocked-off rates) and additional reservation numbers for Saturday thru Sunday. This was done for 4 individual rooms. Fast forward to arrival and as I go to check-in, the front desk clerk stated that they didn't have my reservations for Friday! The confirmation number was useless! (But get this...), Don't worry, we still have available rooms. At what rate? I ask. And they then quote a much higher rate than what it was when I booked it months ago. NO WAY! Can we all say bait n' switch boys and girls!!!! They are shady. Hotel facility is okay. Staff is madly frustrating. But the establishment/practices are SHADY!

At the end of the day - and after I threatened to take my entire reunion down the street to another hotel - the matter was sorted out and I was given my 4 rooms at the rate promised when I originally booked the rooms.

SAVING GRACE: John (clerk at the Front Desk) was wonderful once he got involved. He was absolutely wonderful. I write this survey to compliment him for his wonderful personality, common sense, understanding and professionalism. He is certainly an asset to the group and should be recognized as such. I truly hope that he is acknowledged by management. He made my family feel that at least, and finally, someone knew what they were doing in the business office/front desk! Thank you JOHN.

Room Tip: Get a confirmation number and the reservationist's name!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank MBass67
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceville, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear MBass67,

First of all, thank you for leaving us a review and for your kind words regarding our front desk, John. We take all feedback from our guests seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. We apologize for your dissatisfaction on some of our staff and services. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I traveled to Lawrenceville, GA and stayed at Holiday Inn Express, my stay was wonderful, the staff were all so helpful and pleasant, the bed and room was so comfortable with a refrigerator and microwave, a full hot breakfast, coffee all day and night and a perfect location, so easy to find and within lots of restaurants and grocery stores. The pool was so relaxing, parking is great, there is nothing I can say bad about this hotel.

Room Tip: I had a King size executive room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Claire P

Dear Claire P,

Thank you for your kind words!!! You had a choice to stay anywhere in Lawrenceville, Ga and we're so glad you chose us! We're glad you loved our property, but were even happier you let the world know how much you enjoyed your stay! Thank you once again!