“Pleasantly Surprised...”

Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceville
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I booked this hotel, sight unseen, and was able to get a great rate (thanks to AAA discount). I was expecting an average room at an average hotel...just a place to sleep for the night and nothing spectacular. I was greeted by the front desk asst. and she was very helpful. I was shocked at the room size. It was great for traveling girls & all the baggage! The beds were comfy and the bathroom was clean. As a very picky breakfast eater, I was happy to have several options including buscuits, pancakes and a variety of pastries and muffins. Overall the stay was great, minus the family screaming children and adults next door (not a pleasant way to wake up)!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank wubbylu7

Reviewed November 11, 2011

Nov.7,2011 Drove 10 hours from Columbus,Ohio, got there @ 5am and waited 45 minutes for " Anthony" to show up at the desk yawning because he was in the back sleeping!!! And yes I had a reservation. Had a funeral I had to be @ 9am.There was a man in the lobby drinking coffee and reading his paper who said he had been there 20 minutes and never saw anyone at the desk.Then I was billed for 2 days...Waiting to see what H.I.Express is going to do about it!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank CONNIE G
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Generally, my reviews are fairly positive- I don't expect a lot on stays- good night's sleep and breakfast, fairly clean rooms. To be honest, I did not stay at this hotel, but I am writing to share my experience with my reservation process. If you doubt ANY of these details, write me and I will provide further information and written proof of my experience. I booked reservations several weeks in advance-and writings on this property are generally good. I had to cancel this trip. I cancelled reservations online made through holiday inn priority club over two days in advance when I only had to by 4 PM DOA. Nevertheless, I was charged nearly 400.00 for the rooms, even though I had cancelled the rooms. I called priorityclub (platinum member) and was told they had separated out the reservations before I arrived, so that they did not cancel all of my rooms. All I know is I made two reservations for five rooms, and cancelled both reservations and have confirmation and cancellation numbers to prove it. They told me the hotel would contact me within 48 hours- they did not. I had to have priorityclub call the hotel three times to convince them to reverse charges. In all, it took nearly a month and hours of my time to resolve the situation. Here is the response I was given after the third intervention by priorityclub, when I was assured in the previous two interactions that the hotel promised it would refund the money, but to just be patient a few days for it to be posted on my credit card account.

Hello, I am the GM at the Holiday Inn Express in Lawrenceville, Ga. I want to apologies for the long delay for the no show refund. I understand you had reserved some rooms for September 30, 2011 and had to cancel 2 days in advance. We hope we can get to see you next year or anytime in the near future. Have a great day!!!

I was not a no show, for as he later states I canceled the reservation. This is settled. I have had the money put back on my account on Oct. 27 for a September 30th stay. But to me this is simply poor customer service- I would not go to say terrible, but certainly the definition of inconvenient. I stay at hotels over forty nights a year, and this is one of my most frustrating experiences I have had in probably three years.

I am not trying to rant here, but I want to give fair warning- be careful if you book more than one room for a stay at this hotel. Even if priorityclub tries to help, it may take awhile to settle this out with this property (unless I was the lone exception to the rule here). Since I book multiple rooms all of the time, and this is the only instance of trouble I have had with cancellation, I would advise if you need to cancel reservation at this property with multiple rooms to cancel online AND call the hotel directly to make sure they are aware and understand the situation. I would take down the name of person you talk to and time in case you need it later.

I am sure this hotel property is great, but the customer service is, without a doubt, lacking in this case.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank debatecoach
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I would not recomment this hotel to anyone with young children. We booked our trip through Expedia and was never asked if we wanted smoking or non-smoking room. I was under the impression that nowhere in the state of GA could you smoke inside. As we booked our room it asked for the number of adults and the number of children and the ages of the children. When we got to the hotel and walked in our rooms, the smell of smoked knocked us down. We went to the front desked and kindly explained the situation and asked if we could be changed to a non-smoking room. The lady was very nice and told us she would be glad to give us another room but they were full. She said she was unable to provide us with a refund because we booked through Expedia but that she would do everything in her power to help us get a refund and help us find another room in the Lawrencville area. She kindly helped us find a another room at the Hampton Inn which has far better customer service than Holiday Inn. I highly recommend the Hampton Inn in Lawrencville. She had no intentions of trying to make the situation right. All Holiday Inn cares about is there money and not there customers. We were not looking for a free place to stay, just a a nice, safe place for our 2 year old to sleep. Holiday Inn only wants your money....they don't care about hospitality. I would never recommend staying at Holiday Inn or booking reservations through Expedia.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank NeelyG02
Hiexpress520, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceville, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2011

Thank you for your response. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at our hotel. Our goal is to make sure that every guest is satisfied with their stay. When that does not happen, we make every attempt to resolve our guest issue with a solution that satisfies the guest, even if it means placing our guest in a competitor hotel. I am glad that we were able to find you accommodations that best suited your needs. We will use your issue as a training tool to help us improve our service.

Reviewed June 16, 2010

Okay I have stayed at this hotel in the past when the white lady was the manager regardless she was rude to some and not to others the staff was amazing!! Yes the staff is amazing but their "new GM" is a complete waste of space. He doesnt do anything but sit on his butt and is very RUDE!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank luv2travel_tons_10
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Stayed here for a night and was not dissapointed. The rooms are laid out well ,somewhat new, good beds, large rooms.

Close to a couple of restaurants nearby within walkiing distance. Good for an evening for sure.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2010

Hotel is staffed with very helpful, friendly, professional employees. The entire staff greets you with a smile. At breakfast, they always ask if there is anything you need, is everything okay.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lawrenceville
Comfort Suites Lawrenceville
Comfort Suites Lawrenceville
#5 of 11 in Lawrenceville
Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawrenceville
Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawr...
#10 of 11 in Lawrenceville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Duluth

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceville? Share your experiences!