“Loved something different”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I had appetizers as my main meal. They were great. Mussels in coconut /lemon grass sauce were very good. The mussels were on the tinnie tiny side -dime size or smaller. Quails were also small. But nice presentation & has a good dipping sauce. Other dishes were also good. We waited for about 20 mins at 7:30pm on a Saturday night for an outside table.. Longer wait for inside tables. Many different choices of beer you don't see in other establishments. Friendly waiters. Helpful & tentative. On a slightly pricey side. Overall, fun experience trying new food.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have am in the area for business a few times a month and discovered this great spot a few months ago. BIG FAN. The creative burger selection is great and the atmosphere relaxing and fun. The outdoor patio is a nice touch. On my last trip, the burger was a big undercooked, but they addressed the issue moderately well. I'll return and look forward to swinging by after work to check out their beer selection, too. Give it a short - you'll be pleased!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I can't help but post again about this fantastic sleeper restaurant. I can't believe the amazing food they produce in such a tiny kitchen. This trip, my husband and I shared two very healthy sized appetizers, the lamb belly on a bed of cheese grits, and the chicken livers. I know this sounds a little weird, but let me tell you this...it was amazing. We also shared a cup of chile and a Ceasar salad. All together, the food portion of our bill was only $25.00 and we were both stuffed. Not only that, it was one of the best meals I have ever eaten in any restaurant in any city (including New York and New Orleans). If you haven't tried this little gem, get there fast. It gets better and better every time I eat there.

2  Thank lawyerdaggett
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We have been wanting to try this restaurant so for my husbands birthday we went there. He enjoyed shrimp and grits. I had a patty melt on rye. Both were delicious. It was very crowded but that just lets me know it's a popular place. I was surprised to see 2 large parties of 8 because the restaurant is so small. I think it must be a converted gas station. The waiter was kind, prompt and friendly. Food came out quickly and steamy hot!

1  Thank Susan B
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Lawrenceville, GA - not exactly home to good eating - well, if you like bar food and mexican, then you have a lot to pick from but if you want good quality, good tasting food, try Local Republic. Go to the website to see the menu - the menu changes seasonally. Recently I had a chicken dish with mashed sweet potatoes and figs over a good size chicken breast - not sure what the sauce was but it was delicious! Peanut Butter Pie will leave you speachless but share it because it is very rich. Atmosphere very casual - go early on the weekends or you will wait 1-2 hours. During the week, no wait. Try it, you'll like it!

1  Thank foody22