“Gem in Brookwood cluster area”

Empire State Pizza & Dogs
Ranked #190 of 355 Restaurants in Lawrenceville
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Tasted this establishments fare at Taste of Brookwood and decided to try it out on late sunday night (mothers day) very nice hostess (Savannah) greeted me and took order. Ordered KingKong Calazone and Garlic Knots to go. Took about 20 minutes. Place was nice and quant but welcoming.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great neighborhood pizza joint. Very friendly owners and staff. Calzone special on Wednesday is very good and huge. Pizza specials on Sundays too. I love the dirty water dogs with various toppings finished off in the oven. Very small place so if you need to get in and out go for an early dinner to get a table.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We went with friends to enjoy an evening of conversation and good food. The place is very small and we had to wait for a table. The staff was very accommodating though and we sat at the bar while we waited for a table and we were able to order so that we would not have to wait again at the table. Once we were seated though, it felt so crowded that it was difficult to enjoy conversation with our friends. The waitresses could barely get past the table to other patrons. None of us had pizza, but the calzones, greek roll, and pasta dish were all excellent. The portions were very generous and 3 out of 4 of us had enough to take for lunch the following day. I would also like to point out that the one "terrible" review of this restaurant was when it was under a different name "Il Forno" and perhaps the ownership has changed since then.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Just discovered this place after passing by for years. It is not as good as New York pizza BUT it's the closest I've found around. The crust, sauce and cheese is good. And they have a great deal on Sundays so you can get 2 pizzas cheap. FYI, the large is huge and medium is large so plan accordingly. We've just gotten carry-out but I hear the beer selection is good (and hot dogs look worth a try).

Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

This place is awesome, the menu has a huge selection and I find myself going back often just to try the things I've never had before. The pizza is legit, such a break from the fast food crap found around this area, the wings are good and they have close to 20 different sauces to choose from. Decent beer selection too. I'm amazed they can fit that much restaurant in such a small building. And if you can't wait for your food, then go to Little Caesars and try that junk if you're in a rush. Good food takes time and is worth the wait.