“Best restaurant in the area.”
Review of Uptown Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Uptown Cafe
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I have been eating at this restaurant for years and have never had anything other than a delicious and fresh meal. My wife and I have tried EVERYTHING on the menu and several specials not on the menu. Because the food is always so fresh we have tried several items that we would normally never eat such as eggplant and similar vegetables. We have just been blown away that the way they prepare these foods they are incredible. We have had chicken, beef, and even lamb. My wife says she doesn't like lamb but loves Sam's version. The location is small but it just the two of them and they make sure everything is perfect. Enjoy this little jewel in downtown Lawrenceville.

Reviewed March 2, 2011

We've been here twice and I couldn't wait to return after our first visit! The falafel was delicious and my husband loved the gyro and kufta. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed February 18, 2009

This restaurant has some of the best tasting mediterranean food I have EVER had. A small dining establishment with a small menu. Don't expect an elegant dining room, but a small, yet quaint cafe with only three round granite tables and a wall bar inside, plus two iron bistro tables outside.

Some may be skeptic when first entering the restaurant, but if you give the owners (husband and wife) about 10-15 minutes to prepare a meal of fresh ingredients for you, you won't be disappointed. Their kufta combo is a signature dish. I was blown away at how good it was: ground sirloin, marinated chicken breast, fresh vegetables and a tasty rice mixed with pasta. The mint sweet tea is also a delicious. Another tasty meal is the traditional gyro. Delicious and very filling.

Most people get their meals to go, but if you have time, I would suggest that you stay and enjoy the friendly owners as well as watch people walk through historic downtown Lawrenceville. If the restaurant is too crowded, you can simply walk across the street and enjoy your meal on picnic tables under a canopy of trees on the courthouse grounds.